What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: What video game are you currently playing?

Post by dornwolf »

Wrapped Shadows of Mordor, will be moving on to the Add-on campaigns. I will say it's a great game, unique game mechanic to help it stand out, painfully short, and an utter *SQUEE* of a final mission.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Keith wrote:I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on Friday. Very fun game that does a great job building on the exploration/survival aspects of the previous entry.

I have now moved on to Fallout 4. Good lord... so much to do. I have spent the past two days just messing around in Sanctuary and doing side what's for the Minutemen. I am opting for a skilled craftsman as my character. High in Intelligence, Charisma, and Persception. His name: Ivar Anni-Padda.
Does Codsworth say his name? I named by first character Rachel and he didn't say her name (or if he did I didn't it or see it in the subtitles).
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Cyberstrike wrote:
Keith wrote:I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on Friday. Very fun game that does a great job building on the exploration/survival aspects of the previous entry.

I have now moved on to Fallout 4. Good lord... so much to do. I have spent the past two days just messing around in Sanctuary and doing side what's for the Minutemen. I am opting for a skilled craftsman as my character. High in Intelligence, Charisma, and Persception. His name: Ivar Anni-Padda.
Does Codsworth say his name? I named by first character Rachel and he didn't say her name (or if he did I didn't it or see it in the subtitles).
Nope, or at least not yet.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

my wife and i are 9 days 8 hours into fallout 4. i don't believe we are anywhere near the end of the main quest. we've just been wandering around building settlements and doing side quests. unbelievably addicting. great music.

we don't play video games much in our house. is the depth of this game common in other games?

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

ilzuccone wrote:my wife and i are 9 days 8 hours into fallout 4. i don't believe we are anywhere near the end of the main quest. we've just been wandering around building settlements and doing side quests. unbelievably addicting. great music.

we don't play video games much in our house. is the depth of this game common in other games?
Oh yeah, they can be. Bethesda and BioWare make RPGs that mix the right balance of action and depth, along with usually very compelling stories. Dragon Age: Inquisition is another example of resource management and insane number of side quests. Fallout 4 takes it to another level.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Keith wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:my wife and i are 9 days 8 hours into fallout 4. i don't believe we are anywhere near the end of the main quest. we've just been wandering around building settlements and doing side quests. unbelievably addicting. great music.

Oh yeah, they can be. Bethesda and BioWare make RPGs that mix the right balance of action and depth, along with usually very compelling stories. Dragon Age: Inquisition is another example of resource management and insane number of side quests. Fallout 4 takes it to another level.
:thumb:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Shadowman99 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:I desperately want to get Fallout 4 on my PS4, but I know it's a terrible idea to give in to that urge as I would get sucked into an inescapable black hole of videogame-playing counter-productivity. I have too much on the go lately to go down that rabbit hole. All of my gamer friends are succumbing to it though... :lol: I'm also still enjoying Destiny as another game I can play in small doses.
You must be a student. Christ, you should see my uni here in the UK. Place has been like a *SQUEE* ghost town since that game hit the shelf. Only reason I know that is because I've not played *any* Fallout games and am still attending lectures... Sick of hearing about this game already. All anyone seems to have done on it so far is 'build a base' :? :lol:
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker
Haha - no, I'm not a student anymore. I work full time & also do freelance art as a side job. Seriously cannot get sucked into a game like Fallout 4 right now with everything else I have on my plate. However, my wife bought it for me for Xmas, so... facepalm

I'm going to exercise extreme discipline and not even open it until I get some of my current freelance projects complete. And in the meantime, still play Destiny for short breaks :D
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

ilzuccone wrote:
Keith wrote:

Dude, I'm glad you tried Fallout 4 - I remember your fanaticism for all things Mad Max, this game is right up your alley! :thumb: (as I said above, I have not cracked open my copy yet, but I played Fallout 3 extensively in the past)
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

grendeljd wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:
Keith wrote:

Dude, I'm glad you tried Fallout 4 - I remember your fanaticism for all things Mad Max, this game is right up your alley! :thumb: (as I said above, I have not cracked open my copy yet, but I played Fallout 3 extensively in the past)
yeah mad max is kinda a thing. i'm currently kit bashing some model cars and making my own war rig/ support cars.

i talked to my bro in law about fallout. he said it's a good game but not a good fallout game. I'm interested in hearing your opinion when you start playing. how does it compare.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Finished up the main quest to Fable 3 started a new Mass Effect 1 game.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

So I've finished Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us. Two very different games with two very strong stories.

I enjoyed Bioshock more as I'm into those kind of stories. However I'm always annoyed when FPS games dump lore in easy to miss collectibles and in-game cutscenes.

Last of Us, I'm not a huge zombie/zombie-like games. However I did enjoy the world itself and truly did wonder how the world fell apart. Something I really like about post-apocolypse stories is how the world falls apart and how people interact with the world.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Alternating between Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 1, Fallout 4, Fable 3, and Life is Strange: Season One.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Ripped through two FPS games. The genre has never been a massive favorite and I lose interest real fast when the games not interesting so Duke Nukem Forever and Homefront were it. Homefront has the nugget of a good story but is just way too damn short.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Fallout 4 on Xbox One and Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Assassin's Creed II. Much better than the first.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Shadowman99 wrote:Assassin's Creed II. Much better than the first.
That is without a doubt the best of the franchise.

Psiot X
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Rafa Sandoval

Post by Psiot X »

I am playing: Master of Orion, Fallout 4, and Pillars of Eternity.

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

dornwolf wrote:
Well that's a bugger. I've got the rest of the following games stacked up here waiting to be played once I've finished with II :lol:

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Well that's a bugger. I've got the rest of the following games stacked up here waiting to be played once I've finished with II :lol:
Well Brotherhoods really good as well, Revelations dips, 3 is okay/train wreck, IV is great as well along with Rogue but I don't know about Unity and Syndicate

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Well Brotherhoods really good as well, Revelations dips, 3 is okay/train wreck, IV is great as well along with Rogue but I don't know about Unity and Syndicate
Actually, I finished II last night so Brotherhood is now installed and awaiting its first play :)

Which one is #3? The native american/pirate/creole girl part? Or just one of the games individually? Have to admit, even though I know nearly nothing about American history I'm rather looking forward to running around the colonial era and facing off against musket-toting guards :) Which games are part 4?

Anything on PS4 is beyond me at the moment, because I don't have one. I'll probably wait a few years until it's gone down in price, and then pick up the entire stack of PS4 AC games for about £7 on ebay (like I did with the PS3 lot, lol!) to play through in one big run! :lol:

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Fallout 4 on my PS4.

It may be just me but FO4 seems more buggy on PS4 than on Xbox One. :?

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

I'm playing half-life 3..

in my mind.
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Actually, I finished II last night so Brotherhood is now installed and awaiting its first play :)

Which one is #3? The native american/pirate/creole girl part? Or just one of the games individually? Have to admit, even though I know nearly nothing about American history I'm rather looking forward to running around the colonial era and facing off against musket-toting guards :) Which games are part 4?

Anything on PS4 is beyond me at the moment, because I don't have one. I'll probably wait a few years until it's gone down in price, and then pick up the entire stack of PS4 AC games for about £7 on ebay (like I did with the PS3 lot, lol!) to play through in one big run! :lol:
Well it goes...

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed II
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Assassins Creed Revelations
Assassins Creed 3 (The Native American)
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (Pirate)

Those are the main ones

Assassins Creed Liberation is the one with the woman and can be played anytime really. It ties to 3 but isn't really that important.

It also sounds line your collection is the Americas Collection which is a bundle of Liberation, 3, and 4

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:

Well it goes...

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed II

Those are the main ones

Assassins Creed Liberation is the one with the woman and can be played anytime really. It ties to 3 but isn't really that important.

It also sounds line your collection is the Americas Collection which is a bundle of Liberation, 3, and 4
That's right, that's the one - they're all on one disc which is rather nifty :) That's also why I didn't know if they were counted as seperate games (ie 3 + 4) or were part of the same storyline like II, Brotherhood and Revelations. I imagined it was probably the latter as the box simply says "The American Saga" on it. I suppose it might've been a little clearer if I'd gotten around to playing them already. Still looking forward to doing so though :D

Having said that, I binged a bit last summer when I saw a load of games on a really good offer in the shop so I've still got Bioshock II and Infinite, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider to play through as well, so it'll be really tough deciding what to play next once I've finished AC Revelations! :lol:

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote: That is without a doubt the best of the franchise.

Well it goes...

Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed II

Those are the main ones

That's right, that's the one - they're all on one disc which is rather nifty :) That's also why I didn't know if they were counted as seperate games (ie 3 + 4) or were part of the same storyline like II, Brotherhood and Revelations. I imagined it was probably the latter as the box simply says "The American Saga" on it. I suppose it might've been a little clearer if I'd gotten around to playing them already. Still looking forward to doing so though :D

Having said that, I binged a bit last summer when I saw a load of games on a really good offer in the shop so I've still got Bioshock II and Infinite, Red Dead Redemption, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider to play through as well, so it'll be really tough deciding what to play next once I've finished AC Revelations! :lol:
Some solid choices there. I enjoyed Infinite a lot it's story I feel though could've been portray way better. Red Dead Redemption is amazing and Sleeping Dogs is really under rated as far as open world games go.