What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: What video game are you currently playing?

Post by Beware Cyclops »

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. Trying to get used to the slightly different controller. Just like puberty, I've managed to accidentally squeeze off a round here and there once in a while. :oops:

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Beware Cyclops wrote:Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. Trying to get used to the slightly different controller. Just like puberty, I've managed to accidentally squeeze off a round here and there once in a while. :oops:
Been thinking about getting this as I've never played any in the franchise, but it looks fun.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

lorddunlow wrote:
Beware Cyclops wrote:Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. Trying to get used to the slightly different controller. Just like puberty, I've managed to accidentally squeeze off a round here and there once in a while. :oops:
Been thinking about getting this as I've never played any in the franchise, but it looks fun.
I really like adventure games, but to me Uncharted is more like an FPS in an 'adventure' setting. Waaaaaaaaay too much shooting and not enough running and jumping for my tastes.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

lorddunlow wrote:
I'd encourage you in that... the whole series has been very fun. I'll be getting a PS4 next year just to play Uncharted 4.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Fallout 4 is preloaded and ready to go at midnight.

Beware Cyclops

Post by Beware Cyclops »

It seems FVL is also waiting for Fallout 4.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 10.47.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 10.47.28 PM.png (34.3 KiB) Viewed 3645 times

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...

Post by nscc »

I so want to play Fallout 4, but... I am a cheap *SQUEE*, so I am gonna wait for the GOTY edition and then buy a PS4... probably.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

nscc wrote:I so want to play Fallout 4, but... I am a cheap *SQUEE*, so I am gonna wait for the GOTY edition and then buy a PS4... probably.
I hear ya. It would be nice to wait and get all the bonus content too, but I doubt if I can hold out that long. If I see it on a Black Friday sale I may have to pick it up.

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nscc »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
nscc wrote:I so want to play Fallout 4, but... I am a cheap *SQUEE*, so I am gonna wait for the GOTY edition and then buy a PS4... probably.
I hear ya. It would be nice to wait and get all the bonus content too, but I doubt if I can hold out that long. If I see it on a Black Friday sale I may have to pick it up.

I never seem to get into games much anymore and finish them 100% (or even 50% sometimes :lol: ). In the past 5 (or maybe more) years I have only played, FF8, FFX (remastered), Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and the one before it... one of the Batman Arkham games, godfather + scarface and prob a few more I am forgetting.

I think I'll be ok with waiting... but if a great deal is in front of me... ya never know. :)

Keith

Post by Keith »

Rise of the Tomb Raider for me. Great game, very well done. A recommended buy for any Xbox One owners.

I was able to get Fallout 4 for super cheap, but am scared to even try it out with Tomb Raider unfinished.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I desperately want to get Fallout 4 on my PS4, but I know it's a terrible idea to give in to that urge as I would get sucked into an inescapable black hole of videogame-playing counter-productivity. I have too much on the go lately to go down that rabbit hole. All of my gamer friends are succumbing to it though... :lol:

For now I'm casually playing Star Wars Battlefront as I can easily play that in very small doses. The multiplayer modes are really cool, but since there is no significant solo games or a quest mode of any kind, it's not overly addictive for me. I think the coolest multiplayer mode is Hero Hunt, where you play in a pool of 8 players. One person gets to be a hero character from either the Empire (as Darth Vader, Palpatine or Boba Fett) or the Rebels (as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Leia), and the other 7 players are then troops from the opposing side who hunt the hero. Whoever gets the killshot on the current hero player then becomes the next hero character. Really fun.

I'm also still enjoying Destiny as another game I can play in small doses.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

grendeljd wrote:I desperately want to get Fallout 4 on my PS4, but I know it's a terrible idea to give in to that urge as I would get sucked into an inescapable black hole of videogame-playing counter-productivity. I have too much on the go lately to go down that rabbit hole. All of my gamer friends are succumbing to it though... :lol: I'm also still enjoying Destiny as another game I can play in small doses.
You must be a student. Christ, you should see my uni here in the UK. Place has been like a *SQUEE* ghost town since that game hit the shelf. Only reason I know that is because I've not played *any* Fallout games and am still attending lectures... Sick of hearing about this game already. All anyone seems to have done on it so far is 'build a base' :? :lol:
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

the wife and i are probably going to get a ps4 soon. it's been a couple years since we played video games.

We enjoyed Red Dead Redemption a lot. would fallout be a good direction for us?

Beware Cyclops

Post by Beware Cyclops »

ilzuccone wrote:the wife and i are probably going to get a ps4 soon. it's been a couple years since we played video games.

Pricewise it's the perfect time to get a current generation console. Word on the street is Black Friday sales have the price for a PS4 (packaged with a game or 2 or 3 (it varies sometimes))) at about $299 (give or take).

As far as the games I couldn't tell you, I've only played a few minutes of RDR and none of any Fallout game but have 3 and New Vegas Game of the Year editions in my cache of games yet to play.

Brother Darque

Post by Brother Darque »

WWE 2k 16.

I use the WWE games to beat up the wrestlers i hate.

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nscc »

ilzuccone wrote:the wife and i are probably going to get a ps4 soon. it's been a couple years since we played video games.

The Fallout series is the same type of game as red dead redemption (which I've not played but watched my buddy play for a few mins) , wide open exploring type RPG with a main story that you can ignore and do a bunch of other side missions or just kill stuff. Its just a different setting (old west vs post apocalyptic) Check out youtube and you will see tons of fallout stuff. Fallout 3 and 3 New vegas are 2 of my favorite games ever (but I dont play much anymore)

If you liked red dead, I am pretty sure you'll enjoy Fallout(s) as long as you dont have a hate on for post apocalyptic type settings.

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nscc »

Brother Darque wrote:WWE 2k 16.

:lol: That is a great idea hahahaha

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

nscc wrote:The Fallout series is the same type of game as red dead redemption (which I've not played but watched my buddy play for a few mins) , wide open exploring type RPG with a main story that you can ignore and do a bunch of other side missions or just kill stuff. Its just a different setting (old west vs post apocalyptic) Check out youtube and you will see tons of fallout stuff. Fallout 3 and 3 New vegas are 2 of my favorite games ever (but I dont play much anymore)

If you liked red dead, I am pretty sure you'll enjoy Fallout(s) as long as you dont have a hate on for post apocalyptic type settings.
I think the lady is into the wide open RPGs. chances are she only enjoyed red dead because she could tame ponies. we love the post apocalyptic genre. we are currently working on our own post apocalyptic story and are currently getting ready for http://wastelandweekend.com. :high-five:

Beware Cyclops wrote:Pricewise it's the perfect time to get a current generation console. Word on the street is Black Friday sales have the price for a PS4 (packaged with a game or 2 or 3 (it varies sometimes))) at about $299 (give or take).

As far as the games I couldn't tell you, I've only played a few minutes of RDR and none of any Fallout game but have 3 and New Vegas Game of the Year editions in my cache of games yet to play.
Wow black friday is never on my radar! thanks for bringing that up. I'll dig around and see what i can find.

Brother Darque

Post by Brother Darque »

nscc wrote:
Brother Darque wrote:WWE 2k 16.

:lol: That is a great idea hahahaha
And the ones i really hate i save for Hell In A Cell.

Beware Cyclops

Post by Beware Cyclops »

ilzuccone wrote:
nscc wrote:The Fallout series is the same type of game as red dead redemption (which I've not played but watched my buddy play for a few mins) , wide open exploring type RPG with a main story that you can ignore and do a bunch of other side missions or just kill stuff. Its just a different setting (old west vs post apocalyptic) Check out youtube and you will see tons of fallout stuff. Fallout 3 and 3 New vegas are 2 of my favorite games ever (but I dont play much anymore)

I think the lady is into the wide open RPGs. chances are she only enjoyed red dead because she could tame ponies. we love the post apocalyptic genre. we are currently working on our own post apocalyptic story and are currently getting ready for http://wastelandweekend.com. :high-five:

Beware Cyclops wrote:Pricewise it's the perfect time to get a current generation console. Word on the street is Black Friday sales have the price for a PS4 (packaged with a game or 2 or 3 (it varies sometimes))) at about $299 (give or take).

Wow black friday is never on my radar! thanks for bringing that up. I'll dig around and see what i can find.
Amazon and Best Buy have been really good for Black Friday and holiday season video game deals. And you don't have to worry about getting elbowed by someone if you do it online.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Beware Cyclops wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:

Amazon and Best Buy have been really good for Black Friday and holiday season video game deals. And you don't have to worry about getting elbowed by someone if you do it online.
Thanks!

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Was playing Bioshock Infinite but put it down for my new PS4 and Shadows Of Mordor. That game is nuts, between the nemesis system and everything it's the first time in a long while that I've felt worried about cocking something up.

ilzuccone

Post by ilzuccone »

Picked up a ps4 on black friday. Playing through fallout with the wife. Great game. She enjoys the shelter building i enjoy the shooting.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

I just got Fallout 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Life is Strange: Season One and I just ordered Transformers: Devastation for the Xbox One.

While Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are both good games but Life is Strange: Season 1 which is simply put one the greatest games that didn't come from BioWare and/or Bethesda that I've played in a long time. A story based game where the decisions you make do have consequences both large and small. The story involves Maxine Caulfield an 18 year old woman who has returned to old small town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon to attend a prestigious academy, Max is a photo nerd after having a weird nightmare of a strange tornado that destroys the town wakes up in class, after which she goes to the bathroom and sees a blue butterfly, after taking it picture she sees Nathan Prescott the scion of the town's richest and most powerful family (and who is also a first rate jerk) murder a girl, she then learns that she can rewind time and learns that she can change things and saves the girl, who happens to be Chloe, who was her BFF when she lived in the town 5 years ago. Chloe is trying to find Rachel Amber her friend after Max's family moved. Through the course of the five episodes Max learns she can also travel through time with a photo of her and she retains her all of her memories and rewind powers. She goes back to the time when just before Chloe's father died and saves him but Chloe ends up paralyzed instead. As Max and Chloe learn that Rachel was murdered and who did it the tornado comes and Max has to make the hardest choice of all. It a really great story that combines some of the best time travel movies and TV shows and while it also deals with several several real-world issues including cyber bulling, teenage suicide, depression, climate change, and sexuality.

The controls are pretty easy to understand it's basically feels like a point-and-click adventure game. It's not a combat game, while there are violence involving guns, knives, fists, and so on the one thing Max isn't Lara Croft, also she has rewind time powers and tries to use her brain to solve conflicts. Graphically while the the facial animation is great and the buildings are generally well constructed, although some of the water effects and woodlands look bland it does make up for it with a more hand-painted art style which makes the town feel more alive than other games like Alan Wake and the developer, (Dontnod Entertainment) previous game Remember Me. The voice acting is great and the writing and characterization is really great and is maybe some of the greatest around. This is the kind of game that knows what it wants to be and works toward it and it has a shocking amount of replay value. There also a LOT of movie and TV show references some are quite funny, some great indie music, and it actually feels like a 5 part episodic TV show. If you're willing to give this chance you might find a really great game that you won't expecting. All 5 episodes are out on for download for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 (I got the season pass for $10 on the Xbox Store which is half off), PS3, and PS4. With disc versions of coming in Jan for PC Xbox One, and PS4.

I hope this game gets a season 2.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

Keith

Post by Keith »

I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider on Friday. Very fun game that does a great job building on the exploration/survival aspects of the previous entry.

I have now moved on to Fallout 4. Good lord... so much to do. I have spent the past two days just messing around in Sanctuary and doing side what's for the Minutemen. I am opting for a skilled craftsman as my character. High in Intelligence, Charisma, and Persception. His name: Ivar Anni-Padda.