World of Warcraft Valiant Guild (now with pictures!)

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:
etos45 wrote:I've been off of WoW for a few months because I couldn't find many people to play with and in the 40's it gets a little difficult to do on your own. If you do manage enough people, though, I think it'd be really cool to jump in. I forget which realm I was in...
I didn't remember it being that hard in the 40's unless the game has changed dramatically over the last two years. Were you playing on a pvp server? The only trouble I remembered having trying to level up was getting ganked by level 60 Hordes that wanted easy kills. :?

Needless to say, I got my revenge on the Horde after reaching 60 and getting some gear to sup up my dps. :P
I don't know how much it's changed (and no, I wasn't on a pvp server), but when I hit 40 and wound up around the Booty Bay area, it just seemed like all I could do on my own was grind. Almost all of the quests are too difficult for a loner and there didn't seem to be too many people that were on the same quests as me. I think the biggest problem I was having around there was crowd control... I'd get attacked by one creature and then all of his friends would just HAVE to join in... :mad:

Either way, I think I made it (almost completely by grinding) to level 47 before I was just too tired to play anymore. But I'll probably go back eventually... maybe when they release the new expansion.

Oh, I do remember now... the realm was Ysera. :thumb:
They have nerfed the single player aspect of the game significantly. It is much easier to level now. I just brought a Warrior to 70 in 10 days play time without ever joining a group or killing a mob that wasn't part of a quest.

You need to spend your gold, though and buff up with items from the AH and pots/elixers.

Seriously, if you want to play the expansion, you should have a character at 70. You can't play the new class unless you have a high level character on that account already. He starts at level 55.

As for game cards, they are available on Ebay. The guys who send you the codes via email, if you find one with good feedback, are the best way to go.

The bad part about this is that I would bet money that most cards sold this way have mysteriously found their way off the Gamestop pegboard and into a backpack. Probably employees.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:
etos45 wrote:I've been off of WoW for a few months because I couldn't find many people to play with and in the 40's it gets a little difficult to do on your own. If you do manage enough people, though, I think it'd be really cool to jump in. I forget which realm I was in...
I didn't remember it being that hard in the 40's unless the game has changed dramatically over the last two years. Were you playing on a pvp server? The only trouble I remembered having trying to level up was getting ganked by level 60 Hordes that wanted easy kills. :?

Needless to say, I got my revenge on the Horde after reaching 60 and getting some gear to sup up my dps. :P
I don't know how much it's changed (and no, I wasn't on a pvp server), but when I hit 40 and wound up around the Booty Bay area, it just seemed like all I could do on my own was grind. Almost all of the quests are too difficult for a loner and there didn't seem to be too many people that were on the same quests as me. I think the biggest problem I was having around there was crowd control... I'd get attacked by one creature and then all of his friends would just HAVE to join in... :mad:

Either way, I think I made it (almost completely by grinding) to level 47 before I was just too tired to play anymore. But I'll probably go back eventually... maybe when they release the new expansion.

New expansion is coming soon. Wrath of the lich king or something like that. I think I am going to go to walmart and pick up WoW once my trial expires. I'm really liking it so far. I don't spend alot of time on it but it is fun. I'm on on level 5 right now.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

ckb wrote: Seriously, if you want to play the expansion, you should have a character at 70. You can't play the new class unless you have a high level character on that account already. He starts at level 55.
Hm... I didn't know that about the expansion. I just assumed it was like the other expansion that just gave you some new classes. That was the only part I got to use in the game, because I never got high enough to play the levels. I'd probably still come back around then, but only because there's usually a resurgence when new expansions come out.

Escaflown4
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by Escaflown4 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:

New expansion is coming soon. Wrath of the lich king or something like that. I think I am going to go to walmart and pick up WoW once my trial expires. I'm really liking it so far. I don't spend alot of time on it but it is fun. I'm on on level 5 right now.
I would be careful. Once this game sucks you in, you're in it for good.... :P

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Escaflown4 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:

Duely noted but I don't have enough time for that to happen. Just something fun to do in the little time I do get.

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

ckb wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:

They have nerfed the single player aspect of the game significantly. It is much easier to level now. I just brought a Warrior to 70 in 10 days play time without ever joining a group or killing a mob that wasn't part of a quest.

You need to spend your gold, though and buff up with items from the AH and pots/elixers.

Seriously, if you want to play the expansion, you should have a character at 70. You can't play the new class unless you have a high level character on that account already. He starts at level 55.

As for game cards, they are available on Ebay. The guys who send you the codes via email, if you find one with good feedback, are the best way to go.

The bad part about this is that I would bet money that most cards sold this way have mysteriously found their way off the Gamestop pegboard and into a backpack. Probably employees.
Yeah I was talking with a few of my friends that still play this game. One of them is pretty well known, a rogue named Ming. He has his own WoW website and all that....pretty hardcore. Anyways seems like the game has changed dramatically since I left. Although I had a lot of fun and good memories of it, I'm just too scared to go back knowing I'll get hooked again. :|

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:

Duely noted but I don't have enough time for that to happen. Just something fun to do in the little time I do get.
Just wait til you get more involved. Especially when you get to the point where you start raiding with a guild. That "something fun to do in the little time" will probably change. :twisted:

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Escaflown4 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote: I didn't remember it being that hard in the 40's unless the game has changed dramatically over the last two years. Were you playing on a pvp server? The only trouble I remembered having trying to level up was getting ganked by level 60 Hordes that wanted easy kills. :?

Just wait til you get more involved. Especially when you get to the point where you start raiding with a guild. That "something fun to do in the little time" will probably change. :twisted:
You're not helping. I have to convince my girl that this is ok ya know.

Escaflown4

Post by Escaflown4 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Escaflown4 wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
etos45 wrote: I don't know how much it's changed (and no, I wasn't on a pvp server), but when I hit 40 and wound up around the Booty Bay area, it just seemed like all I could do on my own was grind. Almost all of the quests are too difficult for a loner and there didn't seem to be too many people that were on the same quests as me. I think the biggest problem I was having around there was crowd control... I'd get attacked by one creature and then all of his friends would just HAVE to join in... :mad:

You're not helping. I have to convince my girl that this is ok ya know.
Well if this will help any, so far I have heard that the game has changed dramatically and designed to fit your schedule better. Two years ago, I would have definitely persuaded you not to get involved with the game unless you're dedicated to spend a huge amount of time into it. I kid you not that once you start raiding with a guild, it literally becomes a full time job to keep up. Everyday I get home from work, I would eat and take a shower asap just so I can make it to the scheduled daily raids at 7pm prompt. Latecomers are usually dismissed from the rest of the raid as there are tons of people waiting to take your spot. If you fall behind in these raids, you will fall behind in getting the gear to the point where you're not really contributing much to the raids anymore. It just came to the point where I am working around my life's schedule just for this game. This also applied to my friends that got me playing in the first place as well as my brother that came in a little later. Eventually we just all had it and made a pact to leave together, which we did. It's a good game and we all had fun, but I just don't think it's worth dedicating our lives to it. Still...one or two of my buddies made their way back into the game and are telling me it's been changed dramatically and that you don't need to constantly raid to keep up. So maybe it'll work out for you. I'm just a little reluctant to get drawn back into it for the time being.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by nutflush76 »

My brother and I just started playing about 10 days ago. I know because my trial period expired yesterday :lol:

So I dove in and am now playing for real. I have a Warrior on the Proudmoore server named Yvelas. I'm at level 20 right now.

It would be sweet to get a Valiant guild started up so if anyone is interested hit me up :thumb:

I wouldn't mind starting another character on a different server either.

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

nutflush76 wrote:My brother and I just started playing about 10 days ago. I know because my trial period expired yesterday :lol:

So I dove in and am now playing for real. I have a Warrior on the Proudmoore server named Yvelas. I'm at level 20 right now.

It would be sweet to get a Valiant guild started up so if anyone is interested hit me up :thumb:

PM sent.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

nutflush76 wrote:My brother and I just started playing about 10 days ago. I know because my trial period expired yesterday :lol:

It was nice knowing you...

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Dr. Solar wrote:

People keep saying that. I only play the game when my girl is sleeping or not around. When she is around we do other things.

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

People keep saying that. I only play the game when my girl is sleeping or not around. When she is around we do other things.
So your entire existence, other than with your girl, is WoW.

Nice knowing you too ;)

Rubiks-Q-Bert

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

So your entire existence, other than with your girl, is WoW.

Nice knowing you too ;)
Nah. Goes like this. Girl. Work. Valiant. WoW.

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

My wife and I have our mains on Earthen Ring on the Horde side...Give Shanhara (63 Hunter), or Malache (my bank alt) a shout if you decide to pop over.

I've also got a 70 NE Hunter on Lightbringer on the Alliance side, but I'm not on Mandratha much.
WWSLJD, MF?

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:My wife and I have our mains on Earthen Ring on the Horde side...Give Shanhara (63 Hunter), or Malache (my bank alt) a shout if you decide to pop over.

I've also got a 70 NE Hunter on Lightbringer on the Alliance side, but I'm not on Mandratha much.
See, now you guys are just making *SQUEE* up...

:P :lol: :D

-slym (never tires of that "joke")
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.