I will have one soon...
21%

Total votes: 24

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Who here has an HDTV ?

Post by Knightt »

Whether you use it to watch movies or plays games... just who has one.

There will be an end point to this, trust me.

I have a Sony 42' and am loving it.

dbostejano
Here's my not so custom custom.
Here's my not so custom custom.

Post by dbostejano »

I bet those 360 games look incredible. lucky dog. :thumb:

cinlach@aol.com
kneel before zod! snoochie boochies!!
Valiant fan since: From the beginning...
Favorite character: Wow, who can pick just one?
Favorite writer: FVL FTW!

Post by cinlach@aol.com »

The wife and I bought a 27 just before Christmas last year.

It sucked because I wanted something a touch larger (and had actually found one for the same price) but because my wife is madly in love with our entertainment center, and it's configured to only accept TV's up to a certain size, then we we're limited to nothing more then a 27 inch Sharp Aquos.

I didn't want anything too terribly huge because our living room is arranged so that a 32 inch would've been plenty. Anything bigger then that would've been just too much for the room.

Now I'm itching pretty heavily for a Blue Ray DVD player...but with the little lady still being out of work it makes that $200 purchase a little unrealistic.
WWSLJD, MF?

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:The wife and I bought a 27 just before Christmas last year.

It sucked because I wanted something a touch larger (and had actually found one for the same price) but because my wife is madly in love with our entertainment center, and it's configured to only accept TV's up to a certain size, then we we're limited to nothing more then a 27 inch Sharp Aquos.

I didn't want anything too terribly huge because our living room is arranged so that a 32 inch would've been plenty. Anything bigger then that would've been just too much for the room.

Now I'm itching pretty heavily for a Blue Ray DVD player...but with the little lady still being out of work it makes that $200 purchase a little unrealistic.
Even if you were to find one cheap, there is the cost of the discs to consider as well. Personally, I just can't see spending that much on movies, when DVD looks just fine to me.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
cinlach@aol.com wrote:The wife and I bought a 27 just before Christmas last year.

Even if you were to find one cheap, there is the cost of the discs to consider as well. Personally, I just can't see spending that much on movies, when DVD looks just fine to me.
Understandable, but if DVD looks 'just fine', just imagine if your DVD looks 'just INCREDIBLE'. The difference is incredible.

But you have to be 'into it'... my wife is the same way, she could care less. Me on the other hand, go to great lengths to ensure that I am getting the best image possible from my player/HDTV.... which is what I will get into later in this thread.

Squirrel
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Dino, how about... Archer & Armsquirrel?
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by Squirrel »

wheres the option to state your too poor to have a newer TV??? :?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I must admit, ya gotta be able to run with the guys with some cash to blow. Things are pretty expensive but WELL worth it IMO. I am glad I just went out and did it without even thinking. For the first time my wife was.... speechless.

Later, my wife asked, "How much." and I said, "Whenever you want it, honey."

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

dbostejano wrote:I bet those 360 games look incredible. lucky dog. :thumb:
Dead Space is breathtaking. EVERY gory detail in HD. It REALLY made a difference in my playing once I hooked up with an HDTV, 360 and PS3 games never looked so good. Even old games look so much better now.

And lucky ? Hehehe I bought my setup just like everyone else.... credit. Then made it a point to pay it off in less than 4-5 months.

But this month and next month, the number of games coming out is just staggering. I call these months, 'wallet rape month'.

h-comics
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by h-comics »

I hoping my girlfriend gets me one for Christmas.I have pushing for one for over a year now.

Jesse

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

We have a 32" in the living room and the bedroom, but my 360 and my blu ray player are hooked up in my living room to a front projector where I have been playing Madden 2009 (I am really awful though), watching movies and HD cable at 106". This is my 3rd projector and I find it really hard to go back to a regular tv now.

cinlach@aol.com

Knightt wrote:
dbostejano wrote:I bet those 360 games look incredible. lucky dog. :thumb:
Dead Space is breathtaking. EVERY gory detail in HD. It REALLY made a difference in my playing once I hooked up with an HDTV, 360 and PS3 games never looked so good. Even old games look so much better now.

And lucky ? Hehehe I bought my setup just like everyone else.... credit. Then made it a point to pay it off in less than 4-5 months.

But this month and next month, the number of games coming out is just staggering. I call these months, 'wallet rape month'.
Forza 2 and Mass Effect look spectacular as well...I'm looking forward to Fable 2 this Thursday.
WWSLJD, MF?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Aye on Mass Effect but there is NO WAY that I can do Fallout 3 and Fable 2 at the same time. I'll attempt Fable 2 later this year or next.
I imagine that Fallout 3 will consume many hours of needed sleep time and a few days of 'hihoney,howwasyourdaythatsnice
wellokIgottagoyouknowthereistisreallytoughinFallout3thatIhavetogetthroughnoIwontbeeatingtonightIwilljusthavewatersee
youinthemorningIloveyoubyeohyeahyouhorneyno,okLOVEyousomuchseeyoulaterHIKIDSmmmmIwilltakethatuncookeddchickenleg
andanapkinsoIdontgreaseupmycontrollerloveyoumutantsdamnmutants.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

I've got a 24" HD monitor that is for all intents and purposes, my TV. I've got my computer and my 360 hooked up to it.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

OK, not a bad baseline... I would like more info but here we go.

Now that you have voted, please go to this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=24523

This will mainly help those who already have an HDTV and will future assist those who plan to get one and can get on this from the start. :thumb:

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

I've got a 65 inch, which is great for gaming and movies, but the television watching experience isn't quite as good. All the regular analog channels come out a bit fuzzy. The HD channels look great they (their just aren't as many of them).

It's still worth is for the 360 though. :D

JustCallMeAric
...remember that they are just paper.
...remember that they are just paper.

Post by JustCallMeAric »

etos45 wrote:I've got a 65 inch, which is great for gaming and movies, but the television watching experience isn't quite as good. All the regular analog channels come out a bit fuzzy. The HD channels look great they (their just aren't as many of them).

It's still worth is for the 360 though. :D
:o Thats huge

schi0249
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by schi0249 »

I do not. And I have no plans to buy one in the next year. Damn you college and your stupid fees.

cinlach@aol.com

I just bought Fable 2 this evening...I promptly told my wife goodbye, and that I'd see her again in about a month.
WWSLJD, MF?

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Sylvania 42 inch.. real nice! :thumb:

etos45

Post by etos45 »

cinlach@aol.com wrote:I just bought Fable 2 this evening...I promptly told my wife goodbye, and that I'd see her again in about a month.
Fable 2 is out? Man, I didn't think I'd have to buy another game until Gears of War 2 and now I keep hearing of ones I want to buy.

Eternalwarrior68
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: v1 X-O / v3 Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by Eternalwarrior68 »

I bought a 56" Samsung ledDLP HDTV about 2 months ago. I love it! I use it as my pc monitor and I have my PS2, PS3, and Game cube hooked up to it.

I went with the PS3 as my blueray player, I figured if your going to spend that kind of money you may as well beable to do more than just watch movies.