Grand Turismo 5

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...
Grand Turismo 5

Post by IanAlexavier »

I finally piked this up today and Im enjoying it! I have a nice force feedback wheel to use. Its taking some time getting used to it.

Ive made my way through some of the license tests.. I generally dont move on until I have a gold ;)

I havent tried online racing yet...

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Look me up on PSN (robpluto) and I will send you a couple of cars ... I put a lot of hours into that game. Let me know if there is a car you would like.

I'd also suggest skipping through the license stuff and getting right into the cups. It's fun fixing up your own cars to race.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

depluto wrote:Look me up on PSN (robpluto) and I will send you a couple of cars ... I put a lot of hours into that game. Let me know if there is a car you would like.

I'd also suggest skipping through the license stuff and getting right into the cups. It's fun fixing up your own cars to race.
Im working on the licenses right now.. and getting used to the game set up. Ive been back and froth between my actual wheel and the controller. I like both and havent found an advantage in either yet.

I might get some time tonight to play through some races.

I was hoping to win some cars from the license area so I could use them in the races?? :?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

If you gold the advanced licenses you will get some decent cars. It would be much much faster to win races and tune cars though.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I depluto online/PS3 all the time... now I know what'cher doing.

I forget which game you gifted a few cars to me about a year ago but they were SWEET.

I am wanting to pick up BLUR... it 'does' have a single player campaign, right ?

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

looks sweet

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

IanAlexavier wrote:
depluto wrote:Look me up on PSN (robpluto) and I will send you a couple of cars ... I put a lot of hours into that game. Let me know if there is a car you would like.

Im working on the licenses right now.. and getting used to the game set up. Ive been back and froth between my actual wheel and the controller. I like both and havent found an advantage in either yet.

I was hoping to win some cars from the license area so I could use them in the races?? :?
Sent you a pretty good race car, but it will probably make most races too easy for you. Fun to drive, though. If you need a particular car let me know.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Knightt wrote:I depluto online/PS3 all the time... now I know what'cher doing.

I forget which game you gifted a few cars to me about a year ago but they were SWEET.

I am wanting to pick up BLUR... it 'does' have a single player campaign, right ?
Blur is a lot of fun, kind of like Forza crossed with Mario Kart. It looks cool and the cars are great, but there are power-ups scattered all over the place. Another good one like that is Split Second.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

depluto wrote:
IanAlexavier wrote:

Sent you a pretty good race car, but it will probably make most races too easy for you. Fun to drive, though. If you need a particular car let me know.

Which car did you send me? Ive been picking them off of the truck and wasnt paying attention LOL!

Thanks!

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Im enjoying GT5..

I even like the BSpec part of the game.. kinda like a RPG in ways.

I finally picked up the basic Ferrari and was doing some damage with that one ;)

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Check the community part and you can see where you were gifted a car.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

depluto wrote:Check the community part and you can see where you were gifted a car.
Ah ok.. I will give it a try tonight! Maybe we can race at some point :thumb:

I have the fancy steering wheel.. but honestly, Im liking the controller better at this point :?

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

I figured it out! Thanks! I will have to give it a try on one of the races :)

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Still enjoying this game.. its the only game Ive really been playing.

Ive spent most of my time allowing my B-Spec drivers to do thier jobs. I just compelted the second to last race, which is a 24 hour race. I have one more B-Spec race to complete then that will be done for.. other than having the drivers race for cash.

On the licenses, I have the first 3 compelted with all gold, then the rest are all at least silver or gold. Some of the challenges are tough.. and it just seems to be a matter of time and practice to nail it just right.

Another thing Im workign on is buying the Formula Gran Turismo. It seems that this car MUST be bought in the Used Cars area and that it doesnt come up that often. There are a few ways to speed up the process that I will need to try. Once I have this car and complete that series I will move on to the Endurance events in A-Spec. Not looking forward to it though.. not sure if I really want to race for 9 - 24 hours straight... :!: :lol:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

There is a separate car lot ... can't remember what it is called, but it's on the left side of the screen ... that sells event-specific cars like trucks, touring cars and FGTs. If you can't find one there I can send you one of mine.

I only did a couple of the endurance races in A-Spec (B-Spec I went as far as you and stopped ... you have to run more than a week's worth of 24-hour races to get to the final race) but I did them with the Red Bull car so they were ridiculously easy.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

depluto wrote:There is a separate car lot ... can't remember what it is called, but it's on the left side of the screen ... that sells event-specific cars like trucks, touring cars and FGTs. If you can't find one there I can send you one of mine.

I only did a couple of the endurance races in A-Spec (B-Spec I went as far as you and stopped ... you have to run more than a week's worth of 24-hour races to get to the final race) but I did them with the Red Bull car so they were ridiculously easy.
Yes, I have the Red Bull now too. And yes, it makes the races way too easy.

I will keep plugging along ;)

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

When you hit a series of turns right in that Red Bull it is pretty damn awesome. I can handle it on tracks like Monza, but I fly off the road every time at Suzuka.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

I bought the Formula Gran Turismo car and am in the process of knocking of those races.. then I can get to the Endurance race... Oh Joy... :roll:

:lol: :thumb: