Calling on all the GTA addicts out there

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

WarAngel
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Calling on all the GTA addicts out there

Post by WarAngel »

Recently I got copies of both GTA 4 and San Andreas. :D Unfortunatly neither of my computers is able to play them. The laptop being dead certinly hurts it's ability. :wink: So I've been playing the original. Yes THAT one!

I have a refurbished computer coming to me through family connections. Don't know the specs but hopefully I can play them. I'm really excited about getting GTA 4's The Lost and Damned expantion and generally being a Gangsta in San Andreas. :twisted: I'm a fan of the History Channel show Gangland so now I'll be able to play in a similar manner. Good news is, it's fiction so no one gets hurt, killed, etc. Bad news is the money I get isn't real either. :cry:

My favorite parts of the original are running people over then listening to the oh so pleasing squishing sound they make and shooting at anything with the machine gun. Especially when I just feel like killing. Combine that with being near a spray shop for some real fun. :wink:

So come one come all compu criminals. Let us share stories of living the outlaw life! :thumb:

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

GTA 3 is the reason I got a PS2. Something about senseless mayhem and the ability to play the game without having to play one level after the next. You can just run around all day and kill people. Kill them with a baseball bat, guns, fists, molotovs, or run them down with a cop car. Stealing cop cars is awesome. GTA 3 is also the reason I bought a retired cop car. Push bar, spotlights, antennae, bars in the back windows, it had it all. I never ran over anyone with it though. :(

Vice City was good. San Andreas was awesome. Every white boys' dream, being a gangster from the hood. And you had a jetpack. ...for some reason.

I got the newest one when it came out but never found the time to sit down and play it. I didn't have to invest as much time playing COD online. One of these days I'll knock it out. Being a Russian gangster sounds like fun too. :thumb:

WarAngel

Post by WarAngel »

Blood of Heroes wrote:You can just run around all day and kill people. Stealing cop cars is awesome.
Those are the best two things about GTA. :thumb:

Blood of Heroes wrote:San Andreas was awesome. Every white boys' dream, being a gangster from the hood. And you had a jetpack. ...for some reason.
So you can fly around and show everyone your really big...gun. :D
Blood of Heroes wrote:I got the newest one when it came out but never found the time to sit down and play it.
Well get to it. The people aren't going to run themselves over. :wink:

Blood of Heroes

WarAngel wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:I got the newest one when it came out but never found the time to sit down and play it.
Well get to it. The people aren't going to run themselves over. :wink:

That's an excellent point... :hm:

WarAngel

Post by WarAngel »

Last night in my original GTA I boosted a Pink Juggernaut (Mac Truck type vehicle) and started mowing people down. :D Then I went on to cars and bashed them until the exploded. :thumb: My fun was stopped when a Cop rammed into me and blew us into the next life. Damn pig. :P

Blood of Heroes

WarAngel wrote:My fun was stopped when a Cop rammed into me and blew us into the next life. Damn pig. :P

The Man is always trying to keep you down...

WarAngel

Post by WarAngel »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
WarAngel wrote:My fun was stopped when a Cop rammed into me and blew us into the next life. Damn pig. :P

The Man is always trying to keep you down...
Yeah what's up with that? They get all mad when I steal cars, run people over, shoot anything that moves. They act like there's a law against it. :P

That's ok. I keep them down as well. On the ground and in a pool of their own blood. :twisted: As I drive in their Sqaud Car. :D

WarAngel

Post by WarAngel »

I was just playing GTA 1 and it occured to me. Isn't "pursuit of happiness" one of my basic American right? :hm:
So why is it that if I want to collect comic books, there no problem. But if random acts of violence and mayhem
are what make me happy the pigs gotta stop me. :P

I say fight the man! Fight them till ya can't. :twisted: Especially in their own vehicle until you find
a Tanker or Juggernaught to ram things with. :wink:

Blood of Heroes

WarAngel wrote:I was just playing GTA 1 and it occured to me. Isn't "pursuit of happiness" one of my basic American right? :hm:
So why is it that if I want to collect comic books, there no problem. But if random acts of violence and mayhem
are what make me happy the pigs gotta stop me. :P

I say fight the man! Fight them till ya can't. :twisted: Especially in their own vehicle until you find
a Tanker or Juggernaught to ram things with. :wink:

I think they get you on the 'infringing on other peoples' rights' technicality.

You could always try and reenact the North Hollywood Shootout if you get tired of video games. :?

:wink:

WarAngel

Post by WarAngel »

Ok I started coming up with a list

You know you're GTA addict when:
1. You're walking around, see a car and your first impulse is to steal it.

2. You see someone driving and someone else walking nearby. You think to yourself
"Do try not to hit them. They probably won't make a squishing sound or be as enjoyable to watch."

3. You hear on House MD. (or any other show) that someone needs an Ambulance.
You say "If you need one I can steal one for you."
Blood of Heroes wrote: I think they get you on the 'infringing on other peoples' rights' technicality.
The man is always coming up with a reason for being a kill joy on us commoners. :P

Blood of Heroes

WarAngel wrote:Ok I started coming up with a list

You know you're GTA addict when:
1. You're walking around, see a car and your first impulse is to steal it.

2. You see someone driving and someone else walking nearby. You think to yourself
"Do try not to hit them. They probably won't make a squishing sound or be as enjoyable to watch."

3. You hear on House MD. (or any other show) that someone needs an Ambulance.
You say "If you need one I can steal one for you."

Man, I had the same problem.

When I was playing Call of Duty nonstop I would hear grenades being thrown in my sleep.