Nintendo Hacked?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jridd28
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Nintendo Hacked?

Post by jridd28 »

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/06/ ... latestnews

Everyone is getting hacked! Its crazy! Sony, Nintendo, Lockheed Martin, etc. Lookout XBOX, 2011 is the Year of the Hackers!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Sony PS3 = Hacked

Nintendo = Hacked

Sony PS3/Nintendo = Japanese

:? = Just saying

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I heard someone say MS is behind this in order to get ahead of Sony and Nintendo, who've apparently been gaining market-share. I don't know if that's true. What I do know is that no security system is safe and in the world of hacking, something like this is a badge of honor. What a wonderful world, eh? :atomic:

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Knightt wrote:Sony PS3 = Hacked

Nintendo = Hacked

Sony PS3/Nintendo = Japanese

:? = Just saying
:D Maybe it's because MS was originally a computer software company and probably understands the very basic semblances of security.

steverino
Account deactivated by administrator.

Post by steverino »

xodacia81 wrote:I heard someone say MS is behind this in order to get ahead of Sony and Nintendo, who've apparently been gaining market-share. I don't know if that's true. What I do know is that no security system is safe and in the world of hacking, something like this is a badge of honor. What a wonderful world, eh? :atomic:
MS knows enough about computers to hack one???

Huh, who knew.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

At least in this case no data was lost.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

Windows and security >>?

anyone ever use IE I hope not

etos45
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

superman-prime wrote:Windows and security >>?

Well, see, MS makes all their mistakes in Windows and then implements the fixes for Xbox Live. :D I can't say why Nintendo was hacked (I mean... who really cares?), but I'm pretty sure that the PS3 hack was in retaliation for the whole GeoHotz lawsuit.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

etos45 wrote:

Well, see, MS makes all their mistakes in Windows and then implements the fixes for Xbox Live. :D I can't say why Nintendo was hacked (I mean... who really cares?), but I'm pretty sure that the PS3 hack was in retaliation for the whole GeoHotz lawsuit.
True there were lots of people who had there accounts, ip address barred and there ps3 blocked due to jailbreaking.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

robb77 wrote:
etos45 wrote:

True there were lots of people who had there accounts, ip address barred and there ps3 blocked due to jailbreaking.
The amount of PS3 bans/blocks due to jailbreaking wasn't nearly as high as you might think. I've only heard of maybe 2 cases of bans vs. many, many who still use a work-around to access the PSN. I just believe that whoever hacked the PS3 didn't really care about the information they were taking, they were just doing it to harm Sony's rep. The original claim that I heard said that the hack was done using a rebug PS3 (custom firmware), but I've also heard it was done through Amazon (which is confusing). Of course, there is always the "Xbox did it" conspiracy. :thumb: I just find the whole thing to be intriguing.

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

etos45 wrote:
robb77 wrote:
etos45 wrote:

The amount of PS3 bans/blocks due to jailbreaking wasn't nearly as high as you might think. I've only heard of maybe 2 cases of bans vs. many, many who still use a work-around to access the PSN. I just believe that whoever hacked the PS3 didn't really care about the information they were taking, they were just doing it to harm Sony's rep. The original claim that I heard said that the hack was done using a rebug PS3 (custom firmware), but I've also heard it was done through Amazon (which is confusing). Of course, there is always the "Xbox did it" conspiracy. :thumb: I just find the whole thing to be intriguing.
Apparantly the hacker hacked into an application server behind a Web server and two firewalls. According to Sony Chief Information Officer Shinji Hajesima, the attack was disguised as a purchase, so it wasn't flagged. A very sophisticated hack.