Best Buy has Fallout New Vegas for $9.99

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Best Buy has Fallout New Vegas for $9.99

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Best Buy

Just click "weekly ad' toward the top right and it's on page 11.

Awesome price, picked one up today. Limited quantities so if you want one, better hurry.

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger
Re: Best Buy has Fallout New Vegas for $9.99

Post by R Daneel »

Daniel, how did you like New Vegas?

I loved Fallout 3 although I did not play it all the way through - I always meant to go back and finish it. My old XBox died and when I bought a new one, for some reason this save game (along with Assassin's Creed 2) did not transfer over! I was so mad. Could not stomach starting over.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I bought it, but I haven't played it yet, it's next on my list though.

I loved Fallout 3 and it's probably in the top 5 of my all time favorites. I would highly recommend that you go back and finish/start over the game and at least get the Broken Steel add on. The fact that it raises your "ability" limit from 20 to 30 is worth the price alone. I maxed out mine about halfway through the game and it lets you continue with the points right away before Broken Steel even begins. There are some annoying bugs in the game (mainly screen freezes) the longer you play, but the game is so good and fun to play that it can be overlooked.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Loved Fallout 3 but a few friends have bought New Vegas and were pretty disappointed. Supposed to be very buggy and a bit of a backwards step in their opinion. Need to get it at some point as regardless of if it is better or worse than no.3.

Not sure whether this was a console offer but for those that are PC gamers just get Steam as they always have GREAT offers. This was £5 last week (and has dailys, weekend and special deals all the time).

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ian_house wrote:Loved Fallout 3 but a few friends have bought New Vegas and were pretty disappointed. Supposed to be very buggy and a bit of a backwards step in their opinion. Need to get it at some point as regardless of if it is better or worse than no.3.

Not sure whether this was a console offer but for those that are PC gamers just get Steam as they always have GREAT offers. This was £5 last week (and has dailys, weekend and special deals all the time).
Yeah, the sale was for the 360 and PS3 versions.

I've been hearing about the bugs as well on New Vegas, but I think patches have fixed most of the major issues, at least from what I understand.

R Daneel
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

XBL was having a sale on Fallout 3 downloadable content and I bought whatever was available at some point ... that was before I realized my save game was dead. I just can't see me going back and replaying all of that!! I still hold out some hope of recovering it I just haven't unpacked the XBox yet.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

R Daneel wrote:XBL was having a sale on Fallout 3 downloadable content and I bought whatever was available at some point ... that was before I realized my save game was dead. I just can't see me going back and replaying all of that!! I still hold out some hope of recovering it I just haven't unpacked the XBox yet.
I know starting over from scratch bites, but you should be able to go much faster this time around since you know the ins and outs of the game. I'm definitely going to start over again at some point and try making different decisions on a few things.