ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Aug 21, 2018 2:18:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rage
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:06:16 pm 
Master of the Dead Universes

My wife gave me Rage for Xbox 360 for Christmas... I've played the demo weeks ago and thought pretty highly of it. Now with the game in hand, we shall see. I tell ya, can't beat the graphics though.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:37:23 am 
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?

Valiant fan since: 1991
Yeah I dug the demo also...

I was concerned that Amazon dropped it so low before christmas like $22.00 low and was worried it might not be good for some reason like Brink has fallen off the face of the price map.

please let us know how it is..

-Brian

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Shadowsip-c ... QQ_armrsZ1

I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:39:03 pm 

betterthanezra wrote:
I was concerned that Amazon dropped it so low before christmas like $22.00 low and was worried it might not be good for some reason like Brink has fallen off the face of the price map.

Understood and 100% agree with you. Had this not been a gift, I would not have picked it up due to steep cost reductions (see: Brink). What I can say 'to date' is that the Brink demo was off my system in less than 10 minutes whereas the Rage demo had two playthroughs.

I will not be recanting my previous:

Knightt wrote:
Any game that goes down SO quickly is usually not very good but for a time waister or achievement *SQUEE* monger it may be good. Just don't expect much quality or substance.

during the "Brink on X-Box 360 & Ps3 only $4.99 at Best Buy" announcement. Amazon has Rage (release date Oct 4, 2011) down now to $19.11 but that is not surprising as time has gone by, even Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (release date nearly a month later Nov 11, 2011)-which saw NO Christmas price cut deals-is down to $49.99.

A factor that I look at is also reviews in the above comparison with Rage receiving a modest 8.5 and Skyrim receiving a SOLID 9.5 from IGN. Rage had reviewers "criticizing the game's story and forgettable characters" while Skyrim has already won awards such as:

Spike TV, G4, Machinima.com, GameSpot - Overall Game of the Year
IGN, GameSpot Editor's Choice - PC Game of the Year
Spike TV, IGN (PC), G4, GameSpot Editor's Choice - RPG of the Year

It's not a very fair to even have them on the same thread, but for the current price or maybe even after New Years sales prices this may be a game that could provide a few hours of pretty graphics and enjoyment for a relatively cheap price, unlike Brink.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48:04 pm 

I think I might need to get away from FPS games or take motion sickness pills or something. I find these kind of games getting me a bit sick now and then. Yet, games like Batman: Arkham City are just fine. Signs of getting old, I'm sure.

I've played Rage for a good hour now, pretty basic stuff. Forgettable for sure but great looking graphics, kind of like this girl I used to date, what was her name ? :hm:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:55:07 am 
nice one
nice one

Last edited by robb77 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:34:36 am 
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Knightt wrote:
I think I might need to get away from FPS games or take motion sickness pills or something. I find these kind of games getting me a bit sick now and then. Yet, games like Batman: Arkham City are just fine. Signs of getting old, I'm sure.

I've played Rage for a good hour now, pretty basic stuff. Forgettable for sure but great looking graphics, kind of like this girl I used to date, what was her name ? :hm:

Wendy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:06:04 am 

BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:

Wendy

Wendy.... Mary... Brucey... Gladys... Meghan... they all just run together now. :wink:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:26:06 pm 

Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:

Wendy

Wendy.... Mary... Brucey... Gladys... Meghan... they all just run together now. :wink:

I dated Brucey - I like the fact that no matter what you brought Brucey would be open to it. Squash - Cucumber - Tilapia - she/he was open to it. :thumb:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18:25 pm 

BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:

Wendy

I dated Brucey - I like the fact that no matter what you brought Brucey would be open to it. Squash - Cucumber - Tilapia - she/he was open to it. :thumb:

I have Tilapia once... I went to sick call and they gave me a shot for it but I couldn't pee straight for a month !! :o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45:33 pm 

Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:

Wendy

I have Tilapia once... I went to sick call and they gave me a shot for it but I couldn't pee straight for a month !! :o

:o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:23:40 pm 

BruceReville wrote:
:o

YEAH... the look on my face when 'going pee' !! LOL I was so mad that I was (back on topic) in a RAGE.

:wink:

Offline Profile