Skyrim

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Re: Skyrim

Post by betterthanezra »

MarrowMan wrote:Last week I finished the Vampire Lord Quests, Dawnguard was pretty decent. Can't wait for even more DLC!
I haven't tackled much of Dawnguard at all yet. my daughter completed the whole Dawnguard thing and likes to rub my nose in it. :?

She's still 11 levels behind me...I told her to "Get it Together" :D

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarrowMan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

betterthanezra wrote:
MarrowMan wrote:Last week I finished the Vampire Lord Quests, Dawnguard was pretty decent. Can't wait for even more DLC!
I haven't tackled much of Dawnguard at all yet. my daughter completed the whole Dawnguard thing and likes to rub my nose in it. :?

She's still 11 levels behind me...I told her to "Get it Together" :D

-Brian
rotfl, I'm about the same amount of levels behind, regardless of getting the game on day zero (Damn work!)

R Daneel
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Solar, Magnus
Favorite title: VEI Harbinger

Post by R Daneel »

Level 60 here ... Damned if I can get Dawnguard to start for me. Killed nearly all the guards a while back when I was chasing my hold achievements - now there aren't any guards left to kick off the quest I guess.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

I'm planning to- finally- buy it this weekend.
I was a huge, HUGE fan of Oblivion and have been trying to resist the urge to play this for a year, because I KNOW it will be the end of my social life. :!:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Good luck with that... :lol:

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

This game has been out SOOOOO long and I still can't stop playing it.

facepalm

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

one of my sons got it for xmas...looks kewl. If I had anytime I'm sure I'd play it
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

R Daneel

Post by R Daneel »

wish I knew what to do about the DLC. I have not been able to kick it off, no guards left !! I keep traveling around hoping that one will pop and kick it off.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

R Daneel wrote:wish I knew what to do about the DLC. I have not been able to kick it off, no guards left !! I keep traveling around hoping that one will pop and kick it off.
Are you talking about Dawnguard? or Dragonborn?

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

R Daneel

Post by R Daneel »

Dawnguard. I was released a while back not sure. I was basically done with Skyrim and ready to move on then Dawnguard dropped and I paid the 1600 points ?? for it. Watched all the tips and walkthrough a online I just can't get it to kick off and start. (no guards approaching me, Dawnguard camp ineffective, etc)

http://m.kotaku.com/5921331/this-is-how ... uard-quest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

won't drop another 1600 even though its supposed to be a lot better

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

R Daneel wrote:Dawnguard. I was released a while back not sure. I was basically done with Skyrim and ready to move on then Dawnguard dropped and I paid the 1600 points ?? for it. Watched all the tips and walkthrough a online I just can't get it to kick off and start. (no guards approaching me, Dawnguard camp ineffective, etc)

http://m.kotaku.com/5921331/this-is-how ... uard-quest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

won't drop another 1600 even though its supposed to be a lot better

You know I'm having the same issue with the main quest of dawnguard also but have done a few of the quests. My daughter has completed it already. Dragonborn is WORTH it this DLC is amazing and fun so far.

You should just wait for a sale then and get it half off when that happens trust me it's worth 1600 points.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Ok, so after 400+ hours spent on this game, I can honestly say it is my favourite game EVER. By a long margin.

I knew it was going to be very, very good, but I didn't expect it to be this good.
No glitches or weird s***, since I've played with patch 1.9 for the PS3.
I still have to defeat a Legendary Dragon, finish the College of Winterhold quest and I never forged a piece of Dragonbone armor, so I'm pretty far from being done with it. In fact, I've been playing the Assassin's Creed anthology, but keep wondering when will Qiilaan have his chance at the World-Eater (my latest character, who in my mind - and in D&D wording- is a Bosmer Mystic Ranger of Auriel :roll: ).

If I had one complaint, it would be that I miss the classes system from previous games, but that is a really minor gripe.

Can't wait for TES VI: VALENWOOD ( :hope: )

Oh, and have you guys heard this? Hauntingly beautiful... :cloud9:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

dbest4u
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by dbest4u »

I recently got the Legendary Edition on Steam, been putting a few hours each day. From reading everyones post, I guess Ill be hook on this for a while...

What about The Elder Scrolls Online;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... oWuw-mo_MQ

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I'm one or two Daedric artifacts away from getting my last achievment for Skyrim done! This will be my first game to ever complete all the achievments on. Can't wait!
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Phoenix8008 wrote:I'm one or two Daedric artifacts away from getting my last achievment for Skyrim done! This will be my first game to ever complete all the achievments on. Can't wait!
Be warned, there's glitches with that trophy. I more than once had more than all of the artifacts necessary and NEVER saw it. :/
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

ShadowTuga wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:I'm one or two Daedric artifacts away from getting my last achievment for Skyrim done! This will be my first game to ever complete all the achievments on. Can't wait!
Be warned, there's glitches with that trophy. I more than once had more than all of the artifacts necessary and NEVER saw it. :/
The only trouble I ran into was on one playthrough, the smith in Falkreath that you need to start one of the quests had been killed by Vampire attacks due to the Dawnguard DLC. Had to go back to my other character and finish it from there, but I got it done without problems after that and now Skyrim is the first game I've ever gotten every achievement for! :clap: :cloud9: :D
Viva la Valiant!

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:
The only trouble I ran into was on one playthrough, the smith in Falkreath that you need to start one of the quests had been killed by Vampire attacks due to the Dawnguard DLC. Had to go back to my other character and finish it from there, but I got it done without problems after that and now Skyrim is the first game I've ever gotten every achievement for! :clap: :cloud9: :D
Hey, you got it? Seriously, congrats! :high-five:
Dawnguard has many a great thing but the *SQUEE* Vampire raids are sometimes VERY annoying. At one point, I couldn't sell *SQUEE* in Whiterun, because almost* every trader was killed or missing (you go one day and the store is closed- forever!!!!!!).
Now, "loot everything and their mother" is my middle name when it comes to RPGs (pen&paper, gamebooks, videogames, whatever- if it is dead and it has pockets, It's serving time :D), so you can imagine not having that sweet "it's just 30 seconds of really slow walking and then, JACKPOT" with the "Warmaiden's" couple. Now I only install it after a certain level, 30 or so.

*I might have killled the "Drunken Huntsman" market stand guy myself. Business, nothing personal. 8-)
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I recently started my 3rd playthrough in Skyrim after a long time away. I was talking about starting again with my son but I didn't feel I had anything cool left as a character concept. He told me "You should specialize in Conjuration Magic. Nobody uses that stuff." I looked in the game guide (thank you Prima!) and found a build for a Necromancer! Turns out, it's pretty freaking fun! Up to level 22 now and loving it.

As per the suggested build, I'm using a Breton (can activate racial power to absorb magical damage and channel it into more magicka for me) focused on Conjuration, Illusion, and Enchantment. Walking around with nearly no armor (armor value 7!!) and just healing myself. My packmule, I mean mercenary murder machine, gets out in front with my summoned atronachs and raised dead killing more bad guys. I've got the Ritual Stone power which lets me raise massive amount of dead once a day all at once. Those torture chambers where the bad wizards are doing experiments? I kill them all and then raise the victims and the villains together for a mash rush through the rest of the building trailing a dozen zombies to fight anything that I kite my way past!

My summoned weapons (I'm up to Bound Bow and loving it! Also putting points into archery to get the zoom and slow perks.) now automatically Soul Trap, and if I hit a summoned/raised creature, it pretty much gets unsommoned/turned! I should probably get some better armor and just enchant the Magicka enhancements I need onto it. Maybe some light armor like Elven or something. Waiting for my Enchanting to get to 100 (it's up to 70 now) so I can dual enchant whatever my finally chosen armor items are. Someday I'll sit down and spend hours at the alchemy table mixing all those ingredients that I pick up and stash toghether in my alchemy room chest. (Many Alchemy and character levels will be gained in the alchemy lab THAT DAY, I can tell you!) If I get really crazy, I may even take up smithing again. It's just been fun running around doing whatever I want and not feeling beholden to follow any plotline. I didn't even go up to meet with the Greybeards till around level 18!

I love this game. :cloud9: So wish I could get the ultimate hardback guidebook they have. My paperback one is threatening to fall apart from overuse! :bricks:
Viva la Valiant!

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Phoenix8008 wrote:I recently started my 3rd playthrough in Skyrim after a long time away. I was talking about starting again with my son but I didn't feel I had anything cool left as a character concept. He told me "You should specialize in Conjuration Magic. Nobody uses that stuff." I looked in the game guide (thank you Prima!) and found a build for a Necromancer! Turns out, it's pretty freaking fun! Up to level 22 now and loving it.

As per the suggested build, I'm using a Breton (can activate racial power to absorb magical damage and channel it into more magicka for me) focused on Conjuration, Illusion, and Enchantment. Walking around with nearly no armor (armor value 7!!) and just healing myself. My packmule, I mean mercenary murder machine, gets out in front with my summoned atronachs and raised dead killing more bad guys. I've got the Ritual Stone power which lets me raise massive amount of dead once a day all at once. Those torture chambers where the bad wizards are doing experiments? I kill them all and then raise the victims and the villains together for a mash rush through the rest of the building trailing a dozen zombies to fight anything that I kite my way past!

My summoned weapons (I'm up to Bound Bow and loving it! Also putting points into archery to get the zoom and slow perks.) now automatically Soul Trap, and if I hit a summoned/raised creature, it pretty much gets unsommoned/turned! I should probably get some better armor and just enchant the Magicka enhancements I need onto it. Maybe some light armor like Elven or something. Waiting for my Enchanting to get to 100 (it's up to 70 now) so I can dual enchant whatever my finally chosen armor items are. Someday I'll sit down and spend hours at the alchemy table mixing all those ingredients that I pick up and stash toghether in my alchemy room chest. (Many Alchemy and character levels will be gained in the alchemy lab THAT DAY, I can tell you!) If I get really crazy, I may even take up smithing again. It's just been fun running around doing whatever I want and not feeling beholden to follow any plotline. I didn't even go up to meet with the Greybeards till around level 18!

I love this game. :cloud9: So wish I could get the ultimate hardback guidebook they have. My paperback one is threatening to fall apart from overuse! :bricks:
I love Conjuration and Enchantment (and Smithing) on the same character- running around with my Daedric armor, followed by a couple of daedra...
That's power! :D

I haven't played in months, but surely miss it. I just been trying to finish my other games. Best. Game.
Yamamoto Tsunetomo