Rage

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Rage

Post by Knightt »

My wife gave me Rage for Xbox 360 for Christmas... I've played the demo weeks ago and thought pretty highly of it. Now with the game in hand, we shall see. I tell ya, can't beat the graphics though.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Re: Rage

Post by betterthanezra »

Yeah I dug the demo also...

I was concerned that Amazon dropped it so low before christmas like $22.00 low and was worried it might not be good for some reason like Brink has fallen off the face of the price map.

please let us know how it is..

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

betterthanezra wrote:I was concerned that Amazon dropped it so low before christmas like $22.00 low and was worried it might not be good for some reason like Brink has fallen off the face of the price map.
Understood and 100% agree with you. Had this not been a gift, I would not have picked it up due to steep cost reductions (see: Brink). What I can say 'to date' is that the Brink demo was off my system in less than 10 minutes whereas the Rage demo had two playthroughs.

I will not be recanting my previous:
Knightt wrote:Any game that goes down SO quickly is usually not very good but for a time waister or achievement *SQUEE* monger it may be good. Just don't expect much quality or substance.
during the "Brink on X-Box 360 & Ps3 only $4.99 at Best Buy" announcement. Amazon has Rage (release date Oct 4, 2011) down now to $19.11 but that is not surprising as time has gone by, even Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (release date nearly a month later Nov 11, 2011)-which saw NO Christmas price cut deals-is down to $49.99.

A factor that I look at is also reviews in the above comparison with Rage receiving a modest 8.5 and Skyrim receiving a SOLID 9.5 from IGN. Rage had reviewers "criticizing the game's story and forgettable characters" while Skyrim has already won awards such as:

Spike TV, G4, Machinima.com, GameSpot - Overall Game of the Year
IGN, GameSpot Editor's Choice - PC Game of the Year
Spike TV, IGN (PC), G4, GameSpot Editor's Choice - RPG of the Year

It's not a very fair to even have them on the same thread, but for the current price or maybe even after New Years sales prices this may be a game that could provide a few hours of pretty graphics and enjoyment for a relatively cheap price, unlike Brink.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I think I might need to get away from FPS games or take motion sickness pills or something. I find these kind of games getting me a bit sick now and then. Yet, games like Batman: Arkham City are just fine. Signs of getting old, I'm sure.

I've played Rage for a good hour now, pretty basic stuff. Forgettable for sure but great looking graphics, kind of like this girl I used to date, what was her name ? :hm:

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

Last edited by robb77 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

Knightt wrote:I think I might need to get away from FPS games or take motion sickness pills or something. I find these kind of games getting me a bit sick now and then. Yet, games like Batman: Arkham City are just fine. Signs of getting old, I'm sure.

I've played Rage for a good hour now, pretty basic stuff. Forgettable for sure but great looking graphics, kind of like this girl I used to date, what was her name ? :hm:
Wendy
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:I think I might need to get away from FPS games or take motion sickness pills or something. I find these kind of games getting me a bit sick now and then. Yet, games like Batman: Arkham City are just fine. Signs of getting old, I'm sure.

Wendy
Wendy.... Mary... Brucey... Gladys... Meghan... they all just run together now. :wink:

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Wendy
Wendy.... Mary... Brucey... Gladys... Meghan... they all just run together now. :wink:
I dated Brucey - I like the fact that no matter what you brought Brucey would be open to it. Squash - Cucumber - Tilapia - she/he was open to it. :thumb:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Wendy
I dated Brucey - I like the fact that no matter what you brought Brucey would be open to it. Squash - Cucumber - Tilapia - she/he was open to it. :thumb:
I have Tilapia once... I went to sick call and they gave me a shot for it but I couldn't pee straight for a month !! :o

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Knightt wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Wendy
I have Tilapia once... I went to sick call and they gave me a shot for it but I couldn't pee straight for a month !! :o
:o

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

BruceReville wrote::o
YEAH... the look on my face when 'going pee' !! LOL I was so mad that I was (back on topic) in a RAGE.

:wink: