llkeithll
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Collecting video games

Post by llkeithll »

Anyone else collect video games such as NES, SNES, or N64?

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Re: Collecting video games

Post by xodacia81 »

llkeithll wrote:Anyone else collect video games such as NES, SNES, or N64?

If I had the money, I would. Even now, I sort of do. If I have the $ for a game and I see it, I'll snag it, when it comes to N64 and SNES games, especially rpg's or action rpgs. Little, odd and unusual titles, like EVO, also grab my attention. I have about 20 games for my SNES and all but about 5 of them are rpg's.

Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid
Star Fox
Populous

The rest are all RPG's of one sort or another.

llkeithll

Post by llkeithll »

Nice, I focus the most on Nintendo 64, not sure why, probably because of the four player aspect of it and it was a great all around system for a group of friends to hang out and play. Also, I have found it to be super reliable. I have a bunch of games, anyone have any suggestions on games that are their favorites?

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

llkeithll wrote:Nice, I focus the most on Nintendo 64, not sure why, probably because of the four player aspect of it and it was a great all around system for a group of friends to hang out and play. Also, I have found it to be super reliable. I have a bunch of games, anyone have any suggestions on games that are their favorites?
WWF No Mercy is the one game I never get tired of.

Harvest Moon 64, Ogre Battle 64 are 2 of my all time favorite games.

llkeithll

Post by llkeithll »

I wonder if anyone on here wants to sell their old Nintendo 64 games...some are getting harder to find these days. Mostly because no one hardly plays them with emulators, re-releases on the wii, and newer games to play.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I collect all kinds of old games ... I have about 40 N64 carts, but my only real goal is to get every Dreamcast game. I think there were around 250 North American releases and I have about 100.

llkeithll

Post by llkeithll »

I am up to 57 Nintendo 64 games

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote:
llkeithll wrote:Nice, I focus the most on Nintendo 64, not sure why, probably because of the four player aspect of it and it was a great all around system for a group of friends to hang out and play. Also, I have found it to be super reliable. I have a bunch of games, anyone have any suggestions on games that are their favorites?
WWF No Mercy is the one game I never get tired of.

Harvest Moon 64, Ogre Battle 64 are 2 of my all time favorite games.
Those are good. Mario Party isn't bad, or Smash Brothers. Mario Kart is great and, believe it or not, Gauntlet is superb. It's damn near the same game as Dark Legacy, on the PS2. Ogre Battle 64, if you can find it, is great stuff.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

llkeithll wrote:I wonder if anyone on here wants to sell their old Nintendo 64 games...some are getting harder to find these days. Mostly because no one hardly plays them with emulators, re-releases on the wii, and newer games to play.
Not selling any of my games unless the price is very right. I have few N64 games and the ones I do, I play on a semi-reg basis. Such as, right now, I'm in the midst of an Ocarina of Time replay. I do that about every other year.

MrBigFeathas
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad/Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by MrBigFeathas »

I used to collect everything. A few years ago I sold everything other than my SNES stuff. I had all the rare Sega Saturn games, Neo-Geo, N64, NES, etc. After I got married I got rid of pretty much all of it other than my 360 or anything I actively play. All I have left are some complete SNES games, like Super Metroid, Link to the Past, etc. I'll probably get rid of those too at some point but the SNES was my favorite system and the only one I can't part with yet.
My Collection: http://comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=50094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

llkeithll

Post by llkeithll »

I made a list of the games I am wanting. Basically my goal is to collect all the Nintendo 64 games eventually. I am already at around 95 games.

Paper Mario 64
Ogre Battle 64
Mortal Kombat 4
Fighting Force
WWF No Mercy
F Zero X
Kirby 64
Harvest Moon 64
Yoshi Story
Shadowman

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

llkeithll wrote:I made a list of the games I am wanting. Basically my goal is to collect all the Nintendo 64 games eventually. I am already at around 95 games.

Paper Mario 64
Ogre Battle 64
Mortal Kombat 4
Fighting Force
WWF No Mercy
F Zero X
Kirby 64
Harvest Moon 64
Yoshi Story
Shadowman
Ogre battle and harvest moon can get steep. I think most of the rest can be found pretty cheap on ebay or game collecting sites.

llkeithll

Post by llkeithll »

Rounded out my 64 collection at 136 so far, and am working now on my NES and SNES. Finding most of the games alone is hard. Finding them for a good price is even harder.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

llkeithll wrote:Rounded out my 64 collection at 136 so far, and am working now on my NES and SNES. Finding most of the games alone is hard. Finding them for a good price is even harder.
You probably hate that I have two copies of Final Fantasy 2, including one with a box and the instructions, all for a grand total of 40 don't you?

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Went to a LCS today that I'd never visited before. About four shops down was a video game store selling all KINDS of vintage games. Everything from NEO GEO to 360. There was one guy in there who you could tell knew exactly what he was looking for.

oldjello
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Rai (before the Future Force)

Post by oldjello »

I collect Nintendo carts for the original 8bit.
I'd have to go home to see what the inventory is, but I know I have at least 3 copies of each of the first Castlevania games. I have about 8-10 original boxes w/instructions, but most of my carts are just out of package and played.

I do have some rare PSX games-- again I would have to dig to see what I have.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Super Mario 64-A fun game that is huge and really uses the 3D environments to their full advantage.

Goldeneye-This is not only the greatest James Bond game it's IMHO the greatest FPS of all time. Loads of fun.

WCW vs. nWo: World Tour-Well it got me hooked on WCW and while it's controls are a take a little getting used to it's still a fun game plus the "game only" wrestlers are funny.

WCW/nWo: Revenge-Better than the first one with the ability to move characters to different factions and the controls are better.

WWF Wrestlemania 2000-Using the engine of the above two (WWE went to THQ for their games, while WCW went to EA, and ECW went to Acclaim) now featuring WWE superstars.

Concker's Bad Fur Day-Nintendo and Rareware were often accused of making kids only game for the N64, well this one definitely is NOT for kids or anyone without a sense twisted of humor.

Mortal Kombat 4-Probably one of the better ports of this game.

Resident Evil 2-One of the criticisms that was lobbied at the N64 was the cartridge format since both Sony and Sega were going with CD-Roms was that you couldn't actually fit full CGI cutscenes on to the cartridge well Capcom did it and the results are pretty cool even though the compression used to fit 2 CD-Roms onto a cartridge does lessen the quality of the cutscenes a bit.

Star Fox 64-A great spaceship shooter that with the Rumble Pack will put you in the center of action.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter-A fun FPS with some unique weapons.

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time-This is IMHO the greatest game on the N64 it's fun and challenging and adds a time travel element that doesn't make the story too confusing.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Cyberstrike wrote:
Super Mario 64-A fun game that is huge and really uses the 3D environments to their full advantage.

Goldeneye-This is not only the greatest James Bond game it's IMHO the greatest FPS of all time. Loads of fun.

WCW vs. nWo: World Tour-Well it got me hooked on WCW and while it's controls are a take a little getting used to it's still a fun game plus the "game only" wrestlers are funny.

WCW/nWo: Revenge-Better than the first one with the ability to move characters to different factions and the controls are better.

WWF Wrestlemania 2000-Using the engine of the above two (WWE went to THQ for their games, while WCW went to EA, and ECW went to Acclaim) now featuring WWE superstars.

Concker's Bad Fur Day-Nintendo and Rareware were often accused of making kids only game for the N64, well this one definitely is NOT for kids or anyone without a sense twisted of humor.

Mortal Kombat 4-Probably one of the better ports of this game.

Resident Evil 2-One of the criticisms that was lobbied at the N64 was the cartridge format since both Sony and Sega were going with CD-Roms was that you couldn't actually fit full CGI cutscenes on to the cartridge well Capcom did it and the results are pretty cool even though the compression used to fit 2 CD-Roms onto a cartridge does lessen the quality of the cutscenes a bit.

Star Fox 64-A great spaceship shooter that with the Rumble Pack will put you in the center of action.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter-A fun FPS with some unique weapons.

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time-This is IMHO the greatest game on the N64 it's fun and challenging and adds a time travel element that doesn't make the story too confusing.
All excellent choices. I'd also suggest both of the Duke Nukem games on the N64.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

I just saw this forum, never scrolled this far down before! I used to collect a lot then I went over my collection and realized I had more games than I will ever be able to play, so I toned it down a bit.

I think I am at about a little under 300 individual titles spread across at least 18 different kinds of systems.

Cant say I collect much anymore as the only games I want still are so rare they are over 100$ each.

I do have some stuff I'm looking to get rid of. Mostly mediocre stuff or stuff I'm not intrrested in but I got to increase my collection when I was going for numbers. I think at one point I had over 140 original nes games.

I'll dig my extra stuff out if anyone is interested.

I know I have Gargoyles Quest 2 for nes cart only and megaman 7 for snes cart only with the label torn and about 10 random nes games in the original boxes.
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

I had quite the vintage game collection for several years - most of which was the product of when I managed a FuncoLand maybe 14 years ago or so. I had stuff ranging from TurboGrafx16 systems and games to Sega CD sets and tons of PSOne era demos too. I've sold a lot of that stuff over the years through the Racketboy forums (a pretty cool retro gaming site and community, although there are a lot of what you'd imagine were cliche "video game guys" there too... yuck).

It's a fun hobby, but I plan on selling off all of the remaining stuff I have. There are a lot of PSOne and 2 era games that I'd love to replay (like the awesome Legaia series, or Lunar) but the truth is that I'll never do it.

MarrowMan
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

I used to collect Playstation games (1 2 &3) but I had to sell my games & systems :cry:

I only saved one game cause I know there's 0% chance of ever getting it again.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

MarrowMan wrote:I used to collect Playstation games (1 2 &3) but I had to sell my games & systems :cry:

why???

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

IMJ wrote:I had quite the vintage game collection for several years - most of which was the product of when I managed a FuncoLand maybe 14 years ago or so. I had stuff ranging from TurboGrafx16 systems and games to Sega CD sets and tons of PSOne era demos too. I've sold a lot of that stuff over the years through the Racketboy forums (a pretty cool retro gaming site and community, although there are a lot of what you'd imagine were cliche "video game guys" there too... yuck).

It's a fun hobby, but I plan on selling off all of the remaining stuff I have. There are a lot of PSOne and 2 era games that I'd love to replay (like the awesome Legaia series, or Lunar) but the truth is that I'll never do it.
racketboy is an ace site. Their round ups pof rare and great games are excellent and the gaming rooms/custom consoles are amazing to check out.

MarrowMan
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

ian_house wrote:
MarrowMan wrote:I used to collect Playstation games (1 2 &3) but I had to sell my games & systems :cry:

why???
Cuz I was unemployed at the time :oops:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

MarrowMan wrote:
ian_house wrote:

why???
Cuz I was unemployed at the time :oops:
Nah I meant why can you never get it again?
Nanites at work!