Nintendo Wii U

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Nintendo Wii U

Post by vikingspawn »

I really want to get the black Wii U with the new monster controller. It came out 2 days ago. Anybody else going for it?

The black 32gb version looks like the better deal.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: Nintendo Wii U

Post by Daniel Jackson »

To be honest, the new controller doesn't seem very appealing to me. I'll probably wait a bit before picking one up.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Ill be getting one, but only when some of the big 1st party releases are out: Mario, Animal Crossing, Zelda etc.
Nanites at work!

vikingspawn

Post by vikingspawn »

The best launch games look to be the Super Mario U and Batman Arkham City games. Every Nintendo console launch there are slim pickings on the launch games. These 2 seem reliable though.

The other unknown odd titles look a little cheesy.

Epic Mickey 2 looks like it has promise from the commercials too.

stp1503
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by stp1503 »

We got one for my son for Christmas and he loves it. We all love it. I think the gamepad controller is one if the coolest things I've seen in video games and I've been playing since the original pong in the late 70's. I thought Nintendo hit it out of the park by thinking outside the box with the Wii remotes and I wouldn't be surprised to see the X-box or Playstation copy it in some form or another. The gamepad adds such a unique experience to gaming. The trade off is you don't get those amazing graphics like you do with the other 2 systems but for me and my family it's worth the trade off.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

stp1503 wrote:We got one for my son for Christmas and he loves it. We all love it. I think the gamepad controller is one if the coolest things I've seen in video games and I've been playing since the original pong in the late 70's. I thought Nintendo hit it out of the park by thinking outside the box with the Wii remotes and I wouldn't be surprised to see the X-box or Playstation copy it in some form or another. The gamepad adds such a unique experience to gaming. The trade off is you don't get those amazing graphics like you do with the other 2 systems but for me and my family it's worth the trade off.
If I read correctly, Microsoft is sort of copying the concept with their new Smart Glass (or Surface... I don't really remember what it's called). Either way, right now it syncs your phone or tablet to the Xbox so that you can do menu controls and some of the movies they offer will stream different types of information about the movie while you watch. It kind of sounds like they want their end game to be integrating it into the games to add more functionality. Kind of like Kinect does with motion and voice commands in some games.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

stp1503 wrote:We got one for my son for Christmas and he loves it. We all love it. I think the gamepad controller is one if the coolest things I've seen in video games and I've been playing since the original pong in the late 70's. I thought Nintendo hit it out of the park by thinking outside the box with the Wii remotes and I wouldn't be surprised to see the X-box or Playstation copy it in some form or another. The gamepad adds such a unique experience to gaming. The trade off is you don't get those amazing graphics like you do with the other 2 systems but for me and my family it's worth the trade off.
From what I've been reading about the Wii U, it's supposed to be just as powerful, if not a bit more than the PS3 and 360. Surprising to hear that the graphics aren't as good. Wonder what the deal is with that?

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

Got the wii u for my son too

HD graphics on a wii finally

Original wii compatible

Super Mario Bros u is cool

Like the DS this system maybe around for a while

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I got one for Christmas and I love it.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.