[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
E3 for 2013

Post by depluto »

Well, I watched the Microsoft and Sony pressers. And today I went to GameStop and preordered a PS4. Easy decision.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: E3 for 2013

Post by lorddunlow »

I made my thoughts on each console pretty clear in the Xbox thread. That was before E3. I'm definitely going to get a PS4. The price point alone floored me. I was thinking $600 or more for both consoles. $500 for the Xbox One was lower than I expected. $399 for the PS4 is a no-brainer. Especially since they just went down the list of everything that Xbox One did wrong and responded by saying, "yeah, we're doing the opposite of them". My only problem with Sony is following Microsoft's BS policy of no multiplayer online without paying a subscription. However, I'm already a member of PS Plus (I get free games! Good ones that I would have purchased otherwise!), so it stings a little less. I'm still not a fan of forcing you to pay to get the full experience of a game.

Kingdom Hearts 3 alone is enough to talk me into getting this console.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

To me it felt like Microsoft's plan was "How can we squeeze the maximum amount of money out of consumers with this box?" Sony's felt like "If we make a great game system we can gain back all that market share we lost."

Both will have great games, I'm sure. I just like the fact that the PS4 is keeping things pretty close to how they are while the Xbone is trying to ram a bunch of corporation-friendly changes down our throats that nobody wants.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

depluto wrote:To me it felt like Microsoft's plan was "How can we squeeze the maximum amount of money out of consumers with this box?"
"this box" could either and equally describe an Xbox or Windows.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Or other boxes.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

So, I'm starting to think Sony may have had some leaked info about the Xbox One and used the info to stage this marketing coup.

The initial PS4 announcement was crap. Seriously. Almost nothing was revealed.

The Xbox One reveal was much meatier, but dropped too many bombs on the consumer.

After seeing Sony decapitate Microsoft like that at E3, I have to think that they knew Microsoft was going to drop the ball with their initial announcement, so they held off until afterwards to let everyone know they were not doing what Xbox was doing. This way, they didn't give Microsoft a chance to counter or change gears at E3.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

depluto wrote:Or other boxes.
Microsoft is a bit of a *SQUEE* but not so literally.

Baramos
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Baramos »

I heard Microsoft still hasn't backpedaled on the Kinect watching you 24 hours a day, though I think I heard something about being able to turn it off.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Even though MS has reversed the terrible decision on trading, I'm really leaning toward Sony this time around. Xbox has showed us what they really care about and it's not the gamers.

I'm not a huge fan of Halo anyhow and the rest of the titles I like are all multi-platform, so no big loss really....

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

They are also going the Apple route of making sure you have to buy more product by making incompatible connectors on their devices. The Kinect for Xbox One will have a proprietary connector so it can't be used on a PC. They'll be releasing Kinect for Windows for PCs. I guess we won't be seeing as many cool projects as we did with the original Kinect. Really dirty business practices that Microsoft has picked up from Apple.