ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Apr 23, 2019 8:17:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:25:36 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2454
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
With many games now having in depth online components, I thought it might be nifty to have a topic to call out what sysems you're playing on. Might facilitate getting together online, if folks are interested.

Currently, I'm playing on the Xbox One. Might get a PS4 down the line, but probably not till Uncharted 4 comes out.

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:15:49 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12968
Keith wrote:
With many games now having in depth online components, I thought it might be nifty to have a topic to call out what sysems you're playing on. Might facilitate getting together online, if folks are interested.

Currently, I'm playing on the Xbox One. Might get a PS4 down the line, but probably not till Uncharted 4 comes out.



Sounds good. Probably should list usernames, too. I don't have, nor plan to get an Xbox One. I do have a PS4 and Vita. My username is LordDunlow. I really need someone to play fighting games with me online that aren't crazy good like everyone online seems to be.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:40:48 pm 
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:03:12 pm
Posts: 4697
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord
I have a PS3 and i'll probably get a PS4 once they are cheaper.

_________________
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite (sucks!) can suck my balls


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:08:10 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33:38 pm
Posts: 37987
I haven't switched to the next gen systems yet. I have my 360 and Wii and still enjoy both. I don't know whether I'll stick with Microsoft next time around or not, mainly because of that stunt they tried to pull with used games. Glad Sony stepped up and said no to that.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:45:21 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2454
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
lorddunlow wrote:
Keith wrote:
With many games now having in depth online components, I thought it might be nifty to have a topic to call out what sysems you're playing on. Might facilitate getting together online, if folks are interested.

Currently, I'm playing on the Xbox One. Might get a PS4 down the line, but probably not till Uncharted 4 comes out.



Sounds good. Probably should list usernames, too. I don't have, nor plan to get an Xbox One. I do have a PS4 and Vita. My username is LordDunlow. I really need someone to play fighting games with me online that aren't crazy good like everyone online seems to be.


Good point... My Xbox Live gamer tag is Bloodshot. Just let me know that you're from ValiantFans. I attract a lot of random invites and am more inclined to delete requests if I don't know the person.

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:25:16 pm 
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:18:28 am
Posts: 12131
Location: Scoot over, I have to get in behind you.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
I'm using my XboxOne and my user name is shadowsip

I still play my 360 and Dreamcast

-Brian

_________________
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip

My Valiant story here

http://valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:47:02 pm 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Posts: 20082
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
I sold all my systems recently. For silver.

I think the most recent I had was a Sega Dreamcast. I had a lot of the older ones. Gave a kid I know the Magnavox Odyssey 2 and TI-99, both still in boxes.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03:51 pm 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Chiclo wrote:
I sold all my systems recently. For silver.

I think the most recent I had was a Sega Dreamcast. I had a lot of the older ones. Gave a kid I know the Magnavox Odyssey 2 and TI-99, both still in boxes.

*SQUEE* Chiclo, I would have taken those off your hands.

I have a PS4 and a 360, although they are mainly just Netflix machines for now.

My gamertag is robpluto.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:09:31 pm 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Posts: 20082
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
depluto wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
I sold all my systems recently. For silver.

I think the most recent I had was a Sega Dreamcast. I had a lot of the older ones. Gave a kid I know the Magnavox Odyssey 2 and TI-99, both still in boxes.

*SQUEE* Chiclo, I would have taken those off your hands.

I have a PS4 and a 360, although they are mainly just Netflix machines for now.

My gamertag is robpluto.


I would not want to pack all these up and ship them.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:29:54 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28:45 am
Posts: 1338
Location: nova scotia Canada
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...
I've got an xbox, a 360, a wii and a ps3.

The xbox's are being given to my friends kid this week since I will not play them again.

The wii I bought for my girlfriend when it came out, she played for quite a while, but the novelty wore off so it is just gathering dust now.

The PS3 is rarely used for games, but is used for blurays and netflix every day. I also use it to stream content from my PC via ps3mediaserver.

Last games I played were rpgs (skyrim and fallouts, ffx/x2 remaster) so I rarely play online with people when I do play.

I doubt I will be getting a nexgen console anytime in the near future as I am covered good with the ps3 for my needs.

_________________
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51:49 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12968
nscc wrote:
I've got an xbox, a 360, a wii and a ps3.

The xbox's are being given to my friends kid this week since I will not play them again.

The wii I bought for my girlfriend when it came out, she played for quite a while, but the novelty wore off so it is just gathering dust now.

The PS3 is rarely used for games, but is used for blurays and netflix every day. I also use it to stream content from my PC via ps3mediaserver.

Last games I played were rpgs (skyrim and fallouts, ffx/x2 remaster) so I rarely play online with people when I do play.

I doubt I will be getting a nexgen console anytime in the near future as I am covered good with the ps3 for my needs.


I have a PS4, but I hardly turn it on. I use my PS3 almost every day due to the media capabilities. I also have a crap ton of games on it (filled up my 500gb HDD) that I got for free through Playstation Plus.

I'm sure I'll use the PS4 eventually, but so far the PS3 rules in my home. The PS Vita gets the most use by me, though.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27:57 pm 
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06:13 am
Posts: 3597
Location: Lusitania
PS3. Will get PS4 when Arkham Knight arrives. :high-five: :D
I bought the PS3 because there was a new Batman game on that system, about 5 years ago. That and God of WAR 3 made me trade my PS2. 8-)

_________________
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:31:01 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12968
ShadowTuga wrote:
PS3. Will get PS4 when Arkham Knight arrives. :high-five: :D
I bought the PS3 because there was a new Batman game on that system, about 5 years ago. That and God of WAR 3 made me trade my PS2. 8-)

Username?

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47:57 pm 
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06:13 am
Posts: 3597
Location: Lusitania
lorddunlow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:
PS3. Will get PS4 when Arkham Knight arrives. :high-five: :D
I bought the PS3 because there was a new Batman game on that system, about 5 years ago. That and God of WAR 3 made me trade my PS2. 8-)

Username?


Hyoma, but I'm not sure. I will check it tomorrow. But I'm almost sure it's that. :P

_________________
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24:49 pm 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5131
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
I currently have only Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS3.

I used to have a NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, and Playstation 2 but I had to sell them and the games, hardware, guide books, and some DVDs off for some much needed money.

_________________
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:50:52 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:24:57 am
Posts: 1333
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
*Inhales*

Currently hooked up to my 80":

-Xbox 360 Halo Reach Edition
-Ps3
-Wii U
-Wii
-PS2
-Sega Dreamcast
-A Mac Mini w/ 2 PS3 controllers and Roms/Emulators for any and every old system I feel like

Currently Hooked up to the 47" Bedroom TV:

-Xbox 360 Halo 3 edition
-PS2
-Gamecube
-Xbox
-Nintendo 64
-Another Mac Mini

Handhelds:
-2 Gameboy Advance SP models; one is custom
-Nintendo DS
-Nintendo 3DS-
-PSP

This is all the stuff used semi-regularly. I'm collecting games for all these systems.

I have problems.

...and the kid has a 360 in his room so we can all play Halo, etc., online.

_________________
BUY THESE: http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43063


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29:33 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12968
KXXX wrote:
*Inhales*

Currently hooked up to my 80":

-Xbox 360 Halo Reach Edition
-Ps3
-Wii U
-Wii
-PS2
-Sega Dreamcast
-A Mac Mini w/ 2 PS3 controllers and Roms/Emulators for any and every old system I feel like

Currently Hooked up to the 47" Bedroom TV:

-Xbox 360 Halo 3 edition
-PS2
-Gamecube
-Xbox
-Nintendo 64
-Another Mac Mini

Handhelds:
-2 Gameboy Advance SP models; one is custom
-Nintendo DS
-Nintendo 3DS-
-PSP

This is all the stuff used semi-regularly. I'm collecting games for all these systems.

I have problems.

...and the kid has a 360 in his room so we can all play Halo, etc., online.


Seems a little sparse to me. (Only half joking - I also have problems. I also hoard Android devices.)

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:50:07 pm 
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:38:00 pm
Posts: 3103
Location: Here, there, at some point everywhere.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.
Hmm.. Such a good question.. I'm not exactly sure.. and.. no telling how much longer I'll be able to hang on to some of them.. but this might be fun to try.. OK.. That I can think of..

2 Capcom CPS-1 Based Arcade Machines, with 2 extra boards(games), 3 currently non-working CPS2 boards as well.
4 Custom built Desktop Gaming PC's, and one lame laptop all with Separate Steam accounts. Various gamepads, gaming keyboards and an X-Arcade Tankstick.
3 NES systems (1 with original box) w/Power pad, Advantage, Zappers, nes max etc.
3 SNES systems (1 with original box), 2 Super Gameboys (1 in the box) 1 Capcom Arcade stick + 1 Arcade grade stick.
3 N64 Systems
2 Gamecube systems, (1 in original box) 1 GameBoy Player
3 Wii Systems
2 Wii U Deluxe Systems, 1 Regular, 1 Zelda Edition
1 Xbox 360 Slim Star Wars Edition System
1 PS1
1 PS2
1 XBox
3 Sega Genesis
1 Sega Saturn
2 Sega Dreamcast (1 with box)
1 Atari Jaguar (with box)
3 Nintendo 3DS-XL (2 regular, 1 Zelda Edition)
1 Nintendo 3DS

Currently retired:
1 Gameboy Advance
2 Nintendo DS Lite
1 Mostly working original Xbox 360 (just started freezing on games randomly this last week)
Unknown number of PCs collecting dust in my garage (5-15?) up to 20 years old or more in various states of function or non function from a working Pentium mmx 200mhz to Pentium 4's and Athalon 64's.

and.. about 20-25+ non working old 8 to 32 bit consoles that I bought super cheap to hopefully make something fun out of the cases in the future.

The sad thing is I've probably played less than 10 hours TOTAL of non-PC gaming in the last 4-5 years. But at least my kids and wife get to live it up whenever they want. :lol: Hoping to change that soon though with some Mario Kart 8 action. :thumb:

Can you guess what I spent our money on before getting back into Valiant? :?

_________________
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:03:29 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12968
Aram, definitely hit me up if you decide to sell anything.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:04:42 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:24:57 am
Posts: 1333
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Most excellent!

I think of my collecting as saving for my 'retirement,' which means I'll be playing them all when I retire.

_________________
BUY THESE: http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43063


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:24:16 pm 
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:38:00 pm
Posts: 3103
Location: Here, there, at some point everywhere.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.
KXXX wrote:
Most excellent!

I think of my collecting as saving for my 'retirement,' which means I'll be playing them all when I retire.


That "was" my plan as well. :!:

_________________
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23:27 pm 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18950
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
OK, time to swing my gamer dick ...

2 Playstations
2 PlayStation 2
2 PlayStation 3
PlayStation 4
2 Xboxes
2 Xbox 360s (one TRL)
6 NES
2 SNES
Nintendo 64 (still my favorite)
2 GameCubes
Wii
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Intellivision
Colecovision
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
2 Dreamcasts
2 Gameboys
GameBoy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Micro
2 DS
DSi
DS XL
3DS
2 Sega GameGear
Atari Lynx
3 PSPs
and ... a Gizmondo

Sometime next year when I am done with school I plan on converting an extra room into a game room with as many systems and TVs (old TVs for the older systems) as I can fit in there. And then I just want everybody to leave me alone for a couple of weeks.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56:22 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12968
This thread teaches me that I am home here. We are all similarly afflicted.

My greatest gaming loss was that of my Philips CD-i. I loved that thing. Almost every game was so cheesy and poorly made. I played tons of Space Ace. The Zelda apocrypha were wonderfully awful.

One day I will obtain one again. There were so many variations, though, it will be almost impossible to find the same model. Games are exorbitantly priced as well.

We had to sell it to eat while I was in college. We sold a lot of stuff to survive in college.

I currently have:

SNES
Genesis
N64
Gamecube
Wii
PS2
PS3
XBOX 360
PS4
Ouya

Gameboy
Game Boy Advance
DS
3DS
3DS XL
PSP
PSVITA


To be honest, the PS3 has yet to be topped. Best, most versatile system I've ever owned. I own a PS4, and I like it a lot, but the PS3 is used almost every day.

The PS Vita is the best handheld I've ever owned. I also play it all the time. If Sony would allow either PS3 PSN games on the PS4 or allow the PS3 to allow remote play for all games, it would be ideal. Playing games in bed is awesome.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43:29 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30:57 pm
Posts: 1880
Location: The Outer Limits of The Twilight Zone.
The amount of systems (and games) would probably at least double if I listed stuff sold off for necessities a looonng time ago!

Current stockpile:
NES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
PSone
2 PS2
3 PS3
PSPgo
2 or 3 PSP
PS Vita
Xbox 360

I think that's all right now. :hm:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:46:55 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:36:40 am
Posts: 1508
Lets see, compared to some of your guys lists I realize now I'm not very deep but I'm only so old to experience some of those systems. What I've got though is:

PS2
PS3
PSP
PSVita
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance Micro
N64
Sega GameGear

The GameGear was the first game system I ever got. While the N64 is my pride and joy, I've wanted one since they originally came out and my parents managed to find one with Mario Kart64 for dirt cheap and got it for me.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group