Switch to full style
Video games, consoles, online, multi-player, etc., etc. While you're at it, talk about board games and card games if you want. Games, games, games.
Post a reply

Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:47:57 pm

I'm a former MTG player and have been dabbling around in Hearthstone a bit, but have gone all-in since they announced a new card set to be released soon. Any other Valiant fans play?

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:13:42 am

I play. Not very good. Still playing against the computer using the different heroes to unlock more cards. I like card games like this but suck at the actual act of making my own deck.

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:14:34 pm

dornwolf wrote:I play. Not very good. Still playing against the computer using the different heroes to unlock more cards. I like card games like this but suck at the actual act of making my own deck.


I'm officially not awesome either since I started recording my stats (http://hearthstats.net/decks/how-to-spell-oil?locale=en), I've been playing for about 3 months and just spent money for the first time on that new preorder deal, so hopefully I'll be able to make something semi-competitive.

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:28:03 am

NinJZA wrote:
dornwolf wrote:I play. Not very good. Still playing against the computer using the different heroes to unlock more cards. I like card games like this but suck at the actual act of making my own deck.


I'm officially not awesome either since I started recording my stats (http://hearthstats.net/decks/how-to-spell-oil?locale=en), I've been playing for about 3 months and just spent money for the first time on that new preorder deal, so hopefully I'll be able to make something semi-competitive.


Not dedicated enough to be willing to spend money. I've got a tablet now so I've found I'm a touch more interested in playing than going on my laptop.

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:54:07 pm

Saw this article on Hearthstone, though you guys might be interested.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/20/ ... ing-cards/

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:07:18 pm

jeremycoe wrote:Saw this article on Hearthstone, though you guys might be interested.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/20/ ... ing-cards/


Intriguing article, gotta hand it to valiantfans.com, there's some news that gets scooped by members here that I don't even see mentioned on reddit sometimes. :clap:

I'm hoping that if Blizzard does cull old cards like this, maybe they could mess with the dust values of older cards to make it easier for older players to dust older cards to get back in the game.

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:23:37 pm

I play from time to time. The game is fun, but I feel like one has to be dropping lots of real life money into it to stay current with the new cards and events that are released quite frequently.

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:54:40 am

Don't know if anyones still playing this on the board but now's a great time to return/start you get up to 13 booster packs that are for the new expansion Whisper of the old Gods.

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:14:31 pm

dornwolf wrote:Don't know if anyones still playing this on the board but now's a great time to return/start you get up to 13 booster packs that are for the new expansion Whisper of the old Gods.


Not to mention the C'thun legendary and 2 other minions that buff it :clap:

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:50:51 pm

NinJZA wrote:
dornwolf wrote:Don't know if anyones still playing this on the board but now's a great time to return/start you get up to 13 booster packs that are for the new expansion Whisper of the old Gods.


Not to mention the C'thun legendary and 2 other minions that buff it :clap:


The whole promotion has been quite good. Hell i'm thinking of starting a WoW account on the free basic level for the Champion skin

Re: Hearthstone - does anybody play this?

Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:04:58 pm

I unlocked most o the basic then got sucked into clicker heroes for a month and haven't really madenit back to either. facepalm
Post a reply