Mass Effect: Andromeda

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: Mass Effect: Andoremeda

Post by dornwolf »

lorddunlow wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:I stopped being an early adopter to games years ago. Partially because I had a kid and that makes playing time much more limited, but mainly because the ability to patch games after release has allowed companies to rush unfinished products out the door, making the early adopters pay for the privilege of being their beta testers.

I refuse to be part of that. The "Season Pass" part also pushes me to wait until the GOTY or Ultimate editions of games are released or put on heavy sale after all the bugs have been worked out.

I rarely pay more than $20 for a full game, and prefer to spend under $10. And quite frankly, I receive a superior experience for doing so. No idea what reason I would personally have to buy a game on release date. The last game I bought on release date was Until Dawn. I don't regret it at all, but it's for sale for $5 right now. That's 90% less than I paid with a discount.

There is no season pass in ME:A and patches are coming starting tomorrow (4-6-17) and to be fair IMHO a lot of the bugs have been way overblown.

Right, but it's already gone on sale once now. I can just let the bugs get worked out and buy it for 10% of the cost a few months. And I'll eat my hat if there is no DLC released for this game that adds story content that isn't bundled in a "Game of the Year" or similar package.
I've noticed a suspicious lack of Season Passes as of late. Still hyping preorder bonuses but that's all I've seen. Well that and Ubisoft messing with theirs.

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Keith »

Finished ME:A yesterday.

High level thoughts: Not bad... not great, but not bad.

I feel it went way longer than it needed too, and the pacing was weird. Receiving a fetch quest when I'm just about to commence the end game seemed strange to me. All complaints aside, it did wrap very well, and I enjoyed the epilogue missions. Pretty cool that the Initiative makes their home within Meridian.

So, on to the next one. Assuming there will be a next one, that is.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Keith wrote:Finished ME:A yesterday.

High level thoughts: Not bad... not great, but not bad.

I feel it went way longer than it needed too, and the pacing was weird. Receiving a fetch quest when I'm just about to commence the end game seemed strange to me. All complaints aside, it did wrap very well, and I enjoyed the epilogue missions. Pretty cool that the Initiative makes their home within Meridian.

So, on to the next one. Assuming there will be a next one, that is.
I just finished a couple days ago myself. I liked it overall. Yes, the initial animations were awful, and the options for the character creation were very few and not so great in most cases. But the overall storyline and game play was pretty darn good. I hope they do have some DLC sometime, and then a couple sequels to continue exploring this new galaxy with this new crew.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)