ValiantFans.com Message Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Nov 20, 2017 8:47:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Mass Effect: Andromeda
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:55:58 am 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5047
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
BioWare has finally announced the release date March 21 or 3-2-1 get it? Yeah I know :roll:

I have already pre-ordered the deluxe editions for Xbox One and PS4.

_________________
Image
I would rather be hated for being honest, than being loved as a liar and I don't lose, I CONQUER MY PROBLEMS!
My thread about IDW Transformers comics!


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:39:04 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Cyberstrike wrote:
BioWare has finally announced the release date March 21 or 3-2-1 get it? Yeah I know :roll:

I have already pre-ordered the deluxe editions for Xbox One and PS4.

I will be pushing the preorder button as soon as the option appears on the Xbox Live store.

Edit- the option to preorder is on the Live Store, but there are three different choices. Need to figure out which is the best choice.

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:42:50 pm 
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49:54 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
I think I'm gonna have to see if I can upgrade my regular preorder at Gamestop to the deluxe edition. Only $10 more and it has some nice bennies!

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:25:16 am 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:36:40 am
Posts: 1433
It should be noted that if you sign up for the Andromeda Initiative on the website and complete the "training" you'll get some extra gear when the game launches. No idea if it's stat based or not.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:12:16 am 
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49:54 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
dornwolf wrote:
It should be noted that if you sign up for the Andromeda Initiative on the website and complete the "training" you'll get some extra gear when the game launches. No idea if it's stat based or not.

I just signed up and am working on completing these. Thanks for the head's up!

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:47:58 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:36:40 am
Posts: 1433
Phoenix8008 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
It should be noted that if you sign up for the Andromeda Initiative on the website and complete the "training" you'll get some extra gear when the game launches. No idea if it's stat based or not.

I just signed up and am working on completing these. Thanks for the head's up!


As dumb as it is I love when companies do this. It's basically six vids for gear. Only 3 are up right now.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:38:45 am 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5047
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
Keith wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
BioWare has finally announced the release date March 21 or 3-2-1 get it? Yeah I know :roll:

I have already pre-ordered the deluxe editions for Xbox One and PS4.

I will be pushing the preorder button as soon as the option appears on the Xbox Live store.

Edit- the option to preorder is on the Live Store, but there are three different choices. Need to figure out which is the best choice.


I went with the physical deluxe edition. AFAIK the only difference between it and the super deluxe, is that you get a ton of MP booster packs in the super deluxe edition. So if you're REALLY into the MP mode then it might be worth $100.

There is also the collectors edition with a model of Nomad vehicle for $150, and a super collector edition with a RC Nomad vehicle for $200.

_________________
Image
I would rather be hated for being honest, than being loved as a liar and I don't lose, I CONQUER MY PROBLEMS!
My thread about IDW Transformers comics!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:26:20 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
I went with the deluxe version, aka the middle one. I might dip my toe into the online, assuming there is a compelling reason story-wise. The only reason I played online in ME3 mainly to get the extra benefits to the story. Knowing that I probably won't play online past that point, going for the super deluxe didn't seem the way to go.

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:21:32 pm 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5047
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
Keith wrote:
I went with the deluxe version, aka the middle one. I might dip my toe into the online, assuming there is a compelling reason story-wise. The only reason I played online in ME3 mainly to get the extra benefits to the story. Knowing that I probably won't play online past that point, going for the super deluxe didn't seem the way to go.



I got bored with the MP modes of ME3 and DA:I outside when there was a breath scene in one of the endings to ME3 before BioWare patched it, and to get the dragon decor for Skyhold Castle in DA:I.

_________________
Image
I would rather be hated for being honest, than being loved as a liar and I don't lose, I CONQUER MY PROBLEMS!
My thread about IDW Transformers comics!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30:04 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Spoiler free hands on from IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/23/ ... mpressions

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:39:27 pm 
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49:54 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
dornwolf wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
It should be noted that if you sign up for the Andromeda Initiative on the website and complete the "training" you'll get some extra gear when the game launches. No idea if it's stat based or not.

I just signed up and am working on completing these. Thanks for the head's up!


As dumb as it is I love when companies do this. It's basically six vids for gear. Only 3 are up right now.

I saw that #4 & 5 are up now as well. I expect #6 will come out soon before the game releases.

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:05:16 am 
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49:54 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Phoenix8008 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
It should be noted that if you sign up for the Andromeda Initiative on the website and complete the "training" you'll get some extra gear when the game launches. No idea if it's stat based or not.

I just signed up and am working on completing these. Thanks for the head's up!


As dumb as it is I love when companies do this. It's basically six vids for gear. Only 3 are up right now.

I saw that #4 & 5 are up now as well. I expect #6 will come out soon before the game releases.

And the 6th and final briefing is out now to earn the special helmet. One week and a day to go till we get to travel to a galaxy far, far away!

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53:05 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Tomorrow's the day. Seems like there has been lots of negative press lately. I'm still going to give it a go, though.

Pretty spoiler free review:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/20/148866 ... box-One-PC

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59:42 am 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:40:14 am
Posts: 2903
Location: Utah
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong :D

_________________
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33:41 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
jeremycoe wrote:
I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong :D

I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong and then say AND-OR-EMEDA in me head :D

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53:45 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01:36 am
Posts: 2382
Location: Saint Louis
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Whelp played a bunch today - in game I've just met PeeBee, though I'm not sure if that's the right spelling

So far I'm definitely enjoying it. It's definitely Mass Effect, though the new premise is very intriguing. The reviews are right, though, especially about the facial animations. Someone needs to be fired for that.

_________________
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:28:25 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:36:40 am
Posts: 1433
Keith wrote:
Whelp played a bunch today - in game I've just met PeeBee, though I'm not sure if that's the right spelling

So far I'm definitely enjoying it. It's definitely Mass Effect, though the new premise is very intriguing. The reviews are right, though, especially about the facial animations. Someone needs to be fired for that.


While it shouldn't be given a free pass for it apparently this is the first full title release from this team. The game was done by Bioware Montreal, a support studio originally, so I think this was a case of EA wanting to continue mining the property and wanting to keep it inhouse as far as the Bioware name was involved. Doesn't excuse shipping a horrifically buggy game but might explain a few things. Also outside of the new Zelda game I don't think there's been a high profile launch of a game that wasn't buggy or broken.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:31:31 pm 
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:49:54 am
Posts: 3171
Location: Florida, USA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
dornwolf wrote:
Keith wrote:
Whelp played a bunch today - in game I've just met PeeBee, though I'm not sure if that's the right spelling

So far I'm definitely enjoying it. It's definitely Mass Effect, though the new premise is very intriguing. The reviews are right, though, especially about the facial animations. Someone needs to be fired for that.


While it shouldn't be given a free pass for it apparently this is the first full title release from this team. The game was done by Bioware Montreal, a support studio originally, so I think this was a case of EA wanting to continue mining the property and wanting to keep it inhouse as far as the Bioware name was involved. Doesn't excuse shipping a horrifically buggy game but might explain a few things. Also outside of the new Zelda game I don't think there's been a high profile launch of a game that wasn't buggy or broken.

I agree on the bad facial animations, but my playthrough on XBONE has been bug free so far. I've only made it to the Nexus in my first few hours of play so far though. Looking forward to the rest as it seems well worth it to me so far.

_________________
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:28:26 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12703
I stopped being an early adopter to games years ago. Partially because I had a kid and that makes playing time much more limited, but mainly because the ability to patch games after release has allowed companies to rush unfinished products out the door, making the early adopters pay for the privilege of being their beta testers.

I refuse to be part of that. The "Season Pass" part also pushes me to wait until the GOTY or Ultimate editions of games are released or put on heavy sale after all the bugs have been worked out.

I rarely pay more than $20 for a full game, and prefer to spend under $10. And quite frankly, I receive a superior experience for doing so. No idea what reason I would personally have to buy a game on release date. The last game I bought on release date was Until Dawn. I don't regret it at all, but it's for sale for $5 right now. That's 90% less than I paid with a discount.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13:01 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30:57 pm
Posts: 1770
Location: The Outer Limits of The Twilight Zone.
lorddunlow wrote:
I stopped being an early adopter to games years ago. Partially because I had a kid and that makes playing time much more limited, but mainly because the ability to patch games after release has allowed companies to rush unfinished products out the door, making the early adopters pay for the privilege of being their beta testers.

I refuse to be part of that. The "Season Pass" part also pushes me to wait until the GOTY or Ultimate editions of games are released or put on heavy sale after all the bugs have been worked out.

I rarely pay more than $20 for a full game, and prefer to spend under $10. And quite frankly, I receive a superior experience for doing so. No idea what reason I would personally have to buy a game on release date. The last game I bought on release date was Until Dawn. I don't regret it at all, but it's for sale for $5 right now. That's 90% less than I paid with a discount.


Damn right! :thumb:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:47:58 pm 
not unlike me
not unlike me
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:39:27 am
Posts: 20608
Location: Indoors
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Keith wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong :D

I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong and then say AND-OR-EMEDA in me head :D

I noticed it every time for almost two months, and finally got tired of it. :P


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:53:03 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12703
greg wrote:
Keith wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong :D

I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong and then say AND-OR-EMEDA in me head :D

I noticed it every time for almost two months, and finally got tired of it. :P


Fascist.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:34:04 pm 
not unlike me
not unlike me
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:39:27 am
Posts: 20608
Location: Indoors
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
lorddunlow wrote:
greg wrote:
Keith wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong :D

I'm not sure how many times I looked at this thread before I realized the title's spelled wrong and then say AND-OR-EMEDA in me head :D

I noticed it every time for almost two months, and finally got tired of it. :P

Fascist.

I don't believe in alt-spelling.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:43:50 am 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5047
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
lorddunlow wrote:
I stopped being an early adopter to games years ago. Partially because I had a kid and that makes playing time much more limited, but mainly because the ability to patch games after release has allowed companies to rush unfinished products out the door, making the early adopters pay for the privilege of being their beta testers.

I refuse to be part of that. The "Season Pass" part also pushes me to wait until the GOTY or Ultimate editions of games are released or put on heavy sale after all the bugs have been worked out.

I rarely pay more than $20 for a full game, and prefer to spend under $10. And quite frankly, I receive a superior experience for doing so. No idea what reason I would personally have to buy a game on release date. The last game I bought on release date was Until Dawn. I don't regret it at all, but it's for sale for $5 right now. That's 90% less than I paid with a discount.



There is no season pass in ME:A and patches are coming starting tomorrow (4-6-17) and to be fair IMHO a lot of the bugs have been way overblown.

_________________
Image
I would rather be hated for being honest, than being loved as a liar and I don't lose, I CONQUER MY PROBLEMS!
My thread about IDW Transformers comics!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:10:46 am 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12703
Cyberstrike wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
I stopped being an early adopter to games years ago. Partially because I had a kid and that makes playing time much more limited, but mainly because the ability to patch games after release has allowed companies to rush unfinished products out the door, making the early adopters pay for the privilege of being their beta testers.

I refuse to be part of that. The "Season Pass" part also pushes me to wait until the GOTY or Ultimate editions of games are released or put on heavy sale after all the bugs have been worked out.

I rarely pay more than $20 for a full game, and prefer to spend under $10. And quite frankly, I receive a superior experience for doing so. No idea what reason I would personally have to buy a game on release date. The last game I bought on release date was Until Dawn. I don't regret it at all, but it's for sale for $5 right now. That's 90% less than I paid with a discount.



There is no season pass in ME:A and patches are coming starting tomorrow (4-6-17) and to be fair IMHO a lot of the bugs have been way overblown.



Right, but it's already gone on sale once now. I can just let the bugs get worked out and buy it for 10% of the cost a few months. And I'll eat my hat if there is no DLC released for this game that adds story content that isn't bundled in a "Game of the Year" or similar package.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group