Dark Horse Gold Key Release Dates

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
Re: Dark Horse Gold Key Release Dates

Post by kevinbastos »

Chiclo wrote:
kevinbastos wrote:Next weeks comes the Dark Horse Presents with Occultist story. Eight bucks a pop and TWO covers.
This won't be the first appearance of the Occultist in the DHP title. He appeared last issue as well.
Yup. I got both covers, too. facepalm
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

kevinbastos

Post by kevinbastos »

BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
kevinbastos wrote:Next weeks comes the Dark Horse Presents with Occultist story. Eight bucks a pop and TWO covers.
This won't be the first appearance of the Occultist in the DHP title. He appeared last issue as well.
Hadn't it been established that at one time he was but is now not associated with the Dark Key titles?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=33414

Somewhat surprisingly at the time, the logo design for the first "Occultist" one-shot tied it into Dark Horse's Gold Key line, which includes "Doctor Solar," "Turok" and other classic characters, and material in the back of the issue confirmed it as part of this imprint. But, according to Seeley, this does not necessarily imply a crossover in the near future. "The Gold Key connection is more of a philosophical connection," the writer said. "We're taking very Golden Age, comic book pulp ideas and bringing them to 2011, just as Magnus and the other books did."

So why even consider it as part of Dark Key?
I am working under the insane total completist definition of the crazed universe. Tangential sort of connection? I'm IN!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition, I'm right.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

kevinbastos wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Hadn't it been established that at one time he was but is now not associated with the Dark Key titles?

Somewhat surprisingly at the time, the logo design for the first "Occultist" one-shot tied it into Dark Horse's Gold Key line, which includes "Doctor Solar," "Turok" and other classic characters, and material in the back of the issue confirmed it as part of this imprint. But, according to Seeley, this does not necessarily imply a crossover in the near future. "The Gold Key connection is more of a philosophical connection," the writer said. "We're taking very Golden Age, comic book pulp ideas and bringing them to 2011, just as Magnus and the other books did."

I am working under the insane total completist definition of the crazed universe. Tangential sort of connection? I'm IN!
Plus, it was stated in one of the comics it's part of the Dark-Key line.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

Dead Universes - they are dead, they are cheap, they are ours.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

StarBrand wrote:
kevinbastos wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

As noted in the quote provided as as well as this part of the quote:

and material in the back of the issue confirmed it as part of this imprint. But, according to Seeley, this does not necessarily imply a crossover in the near future. "The Gold Key connection is more of a philosophical connection," the writer said.
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

BruceReville wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
kevinbastos wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

and material in the back of the issue confirmed it as part of this imprint. But, according to Seeley, this does not necessarily imply a crossover in the near future. "The Gold Key connection is more of a philosophical connection," the writer said.
Where is this quote from? When was it made? Thanks.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

StarBrand wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
StarBrand wrote:
kevinbastos wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
Chiclo wrote: This won't be the first appearance of the Occultist in the DHP title. He appeared last issue as well.

Where is this quote from? When was it made? Thanks.
Link has been provided in original post

kevinbastos

Post by kevinbastos »

This is more talk about Dark Key than has happened over the last three months combined.
And a Website!

In addition, I'm right.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

kevinbastos wrote:This is more talk about Dark Key than has happened over the last three months combined.
:lol:

vikingspawn
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by vikingspawn »

The reprint hardcovers seem to have stopped this month with the Doctor Spektor Vol. 4 and Turok Vol. 10 hardcovers.

Don't see any more upcoming GoldKey reprints on the Dark Horse site now. They would usually have something Gold Key centric listed for every couple months.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

vikingspawn wrote:The reprint hardcovers seem to have stopped this month with the Doctor Spektor Vol. 4 and Turok Vol. 10 hardcovers.

Don't see any more upcoming GoldKey reprints on the Dark Horse site now. They would usually have something Gold Key centric listed for every couple months.

What do you read into this?

vikingspawn

Post by vikingspawn »

StarBrand wrote:
vikingspawn wrote:The reprint hardcovers seem to have stopped this month with the Doctor Spektor Vol. 4 and Turok Vol. 10 hardcovers.

What do you read into this?
It looks weird cuz there's nothing listed through October in the hardcover/book section:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/Upcoming?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No Turok Son of Stone Vol. 11 hardcover or any of the others. They usually post solicited books far in advance (like a year) on some Amazon listings. I see nothing new on there either. Plot thickens..

Maybe next month's solicits will have something. :hm:

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

Might or might not be a sign of the licensing agreement on those characters expiring?

vikingspawn

Post by vikingspawn »

I saw the Doctor Solar Volume 2 Trade Paperback on the new release rack today. Skimmed through it to see if it had any introductions or glimpses of what's next for the character but saw nuthin. Just a small biography at the end mentioned Shooter's return to the characters. It was the only copy left on the rack left by noon.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

vikingspawn wrote:I saw the Doctor Solar Volume 2 Trade Paperback on the new release rack today. Skimmed through it to see if it had any introductions or glimpses of what's next for the character but saw nuthin. Just a small biography at the end mentioned Shooter's return to the characters. It was the only copy left on the rack left by noon.
Thanks for the heads up and info.

kevinbastos

Post by kevinbastos »

I picked it up, too. LCS had it behind the counter.

But Dark Horse still lists it as an upcoming book - for next week.
And a Website!

In addition, I'm right.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

kevinbastos wrote:
Dark Horse still lists it as an upcoming book - for next week.
Fitting.

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

StarBrand wrote:
kevinbastos wrote:
Dark Horse still lists it as an upcoming book - for next week.
Fitting.
Par for the course with them

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

i liked teh magnus stuff from DH teh rest i have not got yet