No disrespect...

The "Gold Key Three" from publications outside of the Valiant universe.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
No disrespect...

Post by Ramses818 »

To any of the creators on these books. I know there's a tie here to our current universe but I am so happy to see these are the final issues. I know I complained a lot about what I thought what is the horrible way that Dynamite got these characters and tried to ride on the nostalgia that fans had for it. I never picked up a single issue of any of these books because of my own personal feelings about the company, it had nothing to do with the talent who I have nothing but the utmost respect for! In case anybody missed it these are the final issues for dynamite. And as for one I couldn't be happier to see the end. I felt like they really tried to screw fans over. Long live Valiant!!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/11/exc ... -february/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
Re: No disrespect...

Post by jeremycoe »

It looks like Dynamite is just relaunching them, at least according to FVL: https://twitter.com/fredvanlente/status ... 6829289473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by jeremycoe on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:50:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

In all fairness, I don't think they launched the titles to screw over fans. I think they honestly were trying to make a popular book with popular characters. I'm sure the talent felt the same way.

I remember Larry David speaking on one of his terrible movies. He said something along the lines of, "Nobody sets out to make a *SQUEE* movie. You're never like, "Hey, I'm going to spend all this time making a movie that everyone is going to hate." Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't."

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...

Post by nscc »

yup, the fade to black in the solicits hinted at it, and I guess in Dr. Spektor 4 magnus, turok and solar are all in that book together and something happening from that book is what the relaunch is about. I haven't read any of these titles, but from reading online it seems the characters are all together now, so the relaunch will be about that story I guess.

I feel the same about Dynamite as a company, so didn't check any of these out.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

I will take the relaunch as a sign of a slow death then! :clap: . I agree I don't believe the talent felt that way, but because of how I feel about Nick I will always root for the end to come sooner rather than later.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

nscc wrote:yup, the fade to black in the solicits hinted at it, and I guess in Dr. Spektor 4 magnus, turok and solar are all in that book together and something happening from that book is what the relaunch is about. I haven't read any of these titles, but from reading online it seems the characters are all together now, so the relaunch will be about that story I guess.

I feel the same about Dynamite (sucks!) as a company, so didn't check any of these out.
The slight problem with using Spektor as the ground work is that it made no friggen sense what so ever.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Dynamite always hints at a relaunch. Then, rarely, a year or two later they put out some crap (see: Kirbyverse, Captain Victory or Project Superpowers, The Owl) :eye roll:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

BugsySig wrote:Dynamite (sucks!) always hints at a relaunch. Then, rarely, a year or two later they put out some crap (see: Kirbyverse, Captain Victory or Project Superpowers, The Owl) :eye roll:
Thank you for giving me hope! Lol

Thomas
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda

Post by Thomas »

nycjadie wrote:In all fairness, I don't think they launched the titles to screw over fans. I think they honestly were trying to make a popular book with popular characters. I'm sure the talent felt the same way.

I remember Larry David speaking on one of his terrible movies. He said something along the lines of, "Nobody sets out to make a *SQUEE* movie. You're never like, "Hey, I'm going to spend all this time making a movie that everyone is going to hate." Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't."
Unless you are the Asylum :D
Macking *SQUEE* can make you rich.
I know I know it's :offtopic:

Captain Craig
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

I'll not be getting the relaunch books then. I'm out on DynaKey. As long as the titles were ongoings I was with this run but I'm out.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Thomas wrote:
nycjadie wrote:In all fairness, I don't think they launched the titles to screw over fans. I think they honestly were trying to make a popular book with popular characters. I'm sure the talent felt the same way.

Unless you are the Asylum :D
Macking *SQUEE* can make you rich.
I know I know it's :offtopic:
I don't know the crap Asylum pulls with their movie is pretty damn sketchy I'd put it pretty close with Dynamite.