Turok 13, 14 and 15

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Turok 13, 14 and 15

Post by jmatt »

I have to disagree with Kevin, this was an awesome story arc. Rags only penciled #13 but the art was superb.

First, we get to see Mothergod and the Lost Land again, what could be better than that? But the expressions on Cap'n Red's face as they restrained him on the operating table and sawed away, replacing body parts with biomechanics? The panel where he tried to cling to his cell door as they dragged him away for another session? Pure gold.

A pirate gets sucked into the Lost Land, transformed by Mothergod and spat out in modern times only to be thrown back into the Abyss by Turok? What a great arc.

My only complaint is that the Tim Truman covers didn't do justice to the entire arc. And while Howard Simpson isn't nearly as detailed as Rags, he sure can draw a hot babe!

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
Re: Turok 13, 14 and 15

Post by kevinbastos »

I am having trouble holding my lunch.

Ugh.

On top of the insane story,Turok turns into a caricature of himself. It feels like Turok abandoned his real native American roots for a crazy Tonto-esque version of himself. Bleah.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

jmatt
Re: Turok 13, 14 and 15

Post by jmatt »

kevinbastos wrote:It feels like Turok abandoned his real native American roots for a crazy Tonto-esque version of himself. Bleah.
Mm, in what way? I didn't really pick up on that.

I didn't really find the story that out of whack. In the previous arc Turok goes up against a clan of Lost Land warriors (the Spider-people, did they call themselves?).

I was jusy excited to see Lost Land panels again. :clap: