Acclaim Turok Question

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
Acclaim Turok Question

Post by JonesyAZ »

Howdy all,

I'm not sure if this portion of the board is visited as often as it used to be...OR...if many of you have read Acclaim-era Turok, but if so...I have a question :)

I just completed a run of Acclaim Turok and I read the first book published (Empty Souls) and i'm about a third into the second one (Spring Break in The Lost Land) and in that tale, it references how the current Turok met his ancestor Tal'Set and fought the first "Campaigner." The thing is, this event referenced was not in the first book.

Did Acclaim Turok appear in a different comic prior to his own title? As i'm writing this, i'm thinking that maybe I saw this tale in an Eternal Warriors one-shot, but i'm not sure.

Any help clearing up this mystery is appreciated :)
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
Re: Acclaim Turok Question

Post by iggy101us »

Not sure if it helps or adds more to your question . . . The Acclaim Turok also appeared in magazine format and novel format. I am not sure what the reading order is between the comics, magazines, and novels.

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

iggy101us wrote:Not sure if it helps or adds more to your question . . . The Acclaim Turok also appeared in magazine format and novel format. I am not sure what the reading order is between the comics, magazines, and novels.
The novels are a seperate continuity.
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

Prelate1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Prelate1 »

JonesyAZ wrote:Howdy all,

I'm not sure if this portion of the board is visited as often as it used to be...OR...if many of you have read Acclaim-era Turok, but if so...I have a question :)

I just completed a run of Acclaim Turok and I read the first book published (Empty Souls) and i'm about a third into the second one (Spring Break in The Lost Land) and in that tale, it references how the current Turok met his ancestor Tal'Set and fought the first "Campaigner." The thing is, this event referenced was not in the first book.

Did Acclaim Turok appear in a different comic prior to his own title? As i'm writing this, i'm thinking that maybe I saw this tale in an Eternal Warriors one-shot, but i'm not sure.

You may be looking for the story that was included in the instruction manual for the first Turok game for the N64.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Prelate1 wrote:
JonesyAZ wrote:Howdy all,

You may be looking for the story that was included in the instruction manual for the first Turok game for the N64.
The Campaigner was the main villain in the first Turok game (and also featured Tal'Set, not Joshua), so I imagine you're right. Hopefully the cut scenes are still on Youtube, for those who care to watch how the story unfolds.