Re-reading: Harbinger 35

A week-to-week plan is available for re-reading VALIANT from the beginning...
start anytime, go at your own pace.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

How would you rate this book?

No votes
No votes
No votes
25%
No votes
No votes
50%
25%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 4

Todd Luck
Doomed to forever roam the black halls
Re-reading: Harbinger 35

Post by Todd Luck »

Xoken asked em to keep the re-reading project going while he's out of the country...

I thought we could do a book a day (that way people can read one every day or catch up on weekends), talk about it on its own, in the context of whats next, in regards to what expectations it creates and vote on how good it is. I don't have to be the one that posts everyday. If I miss a day or if someone wants to take over please do

For voting think of your single favourite comic book (not just VALIANT) as the benchmark - thats a 10 - and grade according to that.

The voting (I'm hoping) will help new readers make more educated descisions. If this turkey files maybe we can even do a list of the books according to average voting grade.

Make sure to mention what you like'd about the book, what you didn't, what you wish they would have done, your favourite panels, lines of dialogue, little bits of trivia etc.

Harbinger 35

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

And so this issue we learn that Harada's having a difficult time finding compotent help. I've never seen that group of Eggbreakers before but I take it they're the "B" team. I mean they're in the process of showing a photo of Faith around and they suddenly start trashing the place and practically taking it hostage?!? Do they want the authorities and the media to know about The Foundation? Must not have gone through discipline training yet.

Equally as dense are the guards at Harada's complex. A couple average Joe's had no trouble getting through the entire complex to free Zepplin. You wonder, why Omen hasn't whiped these guys off the map...

Harada's evil plot is...to explore space. How lame :roll: . And Zep looking for her parents is, well...cliched. I really hope that her mother is really just an actor or being mind controlled. I really hope this *SQUEE* about Zep being a result of a Foundation breeding program isn't true.

Anyway the art is still cool but the story is turning from medocre to down-right stupid. A 4.
Last edited by Todd Luck on Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:25:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

I still feel nothing for these new characters...the foundation is a joke...is Harada a bad a$s or does he really have feelings...poop...

the idea that zep is the result of foundation experimentation is about the only thing that I found remotely interesting...3
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Todd Luck

Post by Todd Luck »

myron wrote: the idea that zep is the result of foundation experimentation is about the only thing that I found remotely interesting...3
You find that interesting? Do you enjoy my suffering? :)

myron
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Todd Luck wrote:
myron wrote: the idea that zep is the result of foundation experimentation is about the only thing that I found remotely interesting...3
You find that interesting? Do you enjoy my suffering? :)
remotely...and I try! :wink: :lol:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

400yrs
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Am I Too Old to be Licking This?
Valiant fan since: A&A #0
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Lapham

Post by 400yrs »

Todd Luck wrote: Harada's evil plot is...to explore space. How lame :roll: .
That's my problem with this issue, but I enjoyed it.

I can look past unbelievable stuff like the two guys being able to break in to the Harbinger foundation. These are comic books after all.