What content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic?

DEFIANT and Broadway Comics, created by Jim Shooter after VALIANT in the 1990s.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991
What content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic?

Post by caxiotis »

Could somebody help me understand what content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic? I am currently reading all of Defiant for the first time (loving it by the way), and before I start looking at buying this comic it would be helpful to understand what is in it.

Also, does anybody have any scans to show the books content? I would prefer to read over owning it (as it goes for a lot on ebay).
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
Re: What content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" com

Post by mkb28 »

caxiotis wrote:Could somebody help me understand what content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic? I am currently reading all of Defiant for the first time (loving it by the way), and before I start looking at buying this comic it would be helpful to understand what is in it.

Also, does anybody have any scans to show the books content? I would prefer to read over owning it (as it goes for a lot on ebay).
Does this help?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiant_Comics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caxiotis
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

mkb28 wrote:
caxiotis wrote:Could somebody help me understand what content is in the "Birth of a Defiant Universe" comic? I am currently reading all of Defiant for the first time (loving it by the way), and before I start looking at buying this comic it would be helpful to understand what is in it.

Does this help?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defiant_Comics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not so much. I just want to understand what is inside the comic "Birth of a Defiant Universe." The book is limited # and signed by Shooter and given to retailers at before anything Defiant was published. I think it is just conceptual stuff, but am not sure.
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

mkb28
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

caxiotis wrote:
mkb28 wrote:

Does this help?

Not so much. I just want to understand what is inside the comic "Birth of a Defiant Universe." The book is limited # and signed by Shooter and given to retailers at before anything Defiant was published. I think it is just conceptual stuff, but am not sure.
Hey Brother:

After I posted the link, I realized the book was a one-shot and then I reread your question. I knew it was a long shot. Hope you find your answers. :hope:

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

From Shooterswork web site:

In this promotional publication it has the characters of the Defiant Universe introduce themselves in first person dialogue. It has an introduction to the Defiant Universe and it lists the upcoming titles including Truth and Beauty and Mongrel which were never published. Contrary to some online reports, this material was not reprinted. It is not the same content which was published in Defiant Genesis.

https://www.shooterswork.com/defiant/birth.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;