Valiant Exclusive news in Bleeding Cool Magazine

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

rkjock1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1992
Favorite character: VEI Dr. Mirage
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Roberto De La Torre
Valiant Exclusive news in Bleeding Cool Magazine

Post by rkjock1 »

Just read this. Not sure what it is, but it would appear to be about 4001 AD.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/14/ ... rtainment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wonder what it would be like to be a lonely, muck-encrusted monster? Probably be an improvement.

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
Re: Valiant Exclusive news in Bleeding Cool Magazine

Post by FormerReader »

Yes. I believe that is one of the covers that Valiant has teased. Good to Valiant on the cover of Bleeding Cool.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

FormerReader wrote:Yes. I believe that is one of the covers that Valiant has teased. Good to Valiant on the cover of Bleeding Cool.
probably still won't help them crack the top 100...hypocrites :mad:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

myron wrote:
FormerReader wrote:Yes. I believe that is one of the covers that Valiant has teased. Good to Valiant on the cover of Bleeding Cool.
??? Top 100 what?
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

jeremycoe wrote:
myron wrote:
??? Top 100 what?
brucehartshorn wrote:CBR recently came out with their Top 100 books of 2015 and for the second year in a row, VEI was totally omitted from the list, despite CBR having many great reviews during the year of VEI books :o . There is an obvious disconnect between what they do all year and their summary at the end of the year and we should point this out to CBR as supportive Valiant fans. :clap:

Send a tweet, post a comment, or generate an email to CBR expressing your disappointment in how this is handled and urge them to revisit their process to make it more fair. It may not seem like a tweet, post, or email could make much of a difference, but it was actions taken by fans here and others that got Dinesh named Publisher of the Year over at Comicsbeat.com solely through a write in campaign. So we CAN make a difference and impact by our efforts :high-five: Please know that the method which makes the largest impact is commenting on CBR's site directly about this.

Here's the link where you can leave comments: http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... aster-list" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VEI has won a lot of awards this year which is HUGE bragging rights. Let's do what we can to have CBR see how VEI's fans are involved and want proper recognition shown by contacting them now. :headbang:

Thanks for your help with this! :thumb:

jeremycoe

Post by jeremycoe »

FormerReader wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
myron wrote:
??? Top 100 what?
brucehartshorn wrote:CBR recently came out with their Top 100 books of 2015 and for the second year in a row, VEI was totally omitted from the list, despite CBR having many great reviews during the year of VEI books :o . There is an obvious disconnect between what they do all year and their summary at the end of the year and we should point this out to CBR as supportive Valiant fans. :clap:

Send a tweet, post a comment, or generate an email to CBR expressing your disappointment in how this is handled and urge them to revisit their process to make it more fair. It may not seem like a tweet, post, or email could make much of a difference, but it was actions taken by fans here and others that got Dinesh named Publisher of the Year over at Comicsbeat.com solely through a write in campaign. So we CAN make a difference and impact by our efforts :high-five: Please know that the method which makes the largest impact is commenting on CBR's site directly about this.

Here's the link where you can leave comments: http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... aster-list" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VEI has won a lot of awards this year which is HUGE bragging rights. Let's do what we can to have CBR see how VEI's fans are involved and want proper recognition shown by contacting them now. :headbang:

Okay, but Bleeding Cool and CBR are completely different things. Bleeding Cool has seemed to be pretty supportive of VEI in general.

FormerReader

Post by FormerReader »

jeremycoe wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
myron wrote:
??? Top 100 what?

Okay, but Bleeding Cool and CBR are completely different things. Bleeding Cool has seemed to be pretty supportive of VEI in general.
Agreed! I think Myron was just mentioning the issue not so much directing it at Bleeding Cool.

myron
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

FormerReader wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
FormerReader wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
myron wrote:
??? Top 100 what?

Agreed! I think Myron was just mentioning the issue not so much directing it at Bleeding Cool.
I f'd it up but yeah...basic gist...thanks for the support. :thumb:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

It's a great cover, no doubt.

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

This mini just looks beyond great! That Dragon!? :o I am so in love with this just because of the images! :cloud9:

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

If they did another poly-bagged VEI issue I'd buy it. :)
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

rkjock1
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1992
Favorite character: VEI Dr. Mirage
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite artist: Roberto De La Torre

Post by rkjock1 »

leonmallett wrote:If they did another poly-bagged VEI issue I'd buy it. :)
Oh yeah!!! Me too. I k I'd of wondred if that's what it was when I first saw the article.
I wonder what it would be like to be a lonely, muck-encrusted monster? Probably be an improvement.

Aomalle27
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?

Post by Aomalle27 »

Gotta admit I was hoping there'd be "new" news....along the lines of Magnus returns! Or some facsimile of Magnus ala Divinity/Solar. New Japan Dragon is a better looking version of vh1 New Japan though, so that's a plus....and I'm thrilled that the Hulkbuster armor looking thing is an armor; weeks ago I thought it was, but the image was so small you couldn't tell. Thinking its a wolf class vine armor hodgepodged with some other tech by Gilad while plotting his fight against father

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Aomalle27 wrote:Gotta admit I was hoping there'd be "new" news....along the lines of Magnus returns! Or some facsimile of Magnus ala Divinity/Solar. New Japan Dragon is a better looking version of vh1 New Japan though, so that's a plus....and I'm thrilled that the Hulkbuster armor looking thing is an armor; weeks ago I thought it was, but the image was so small you couldn't tell. Thinking its a wolf class vine armor hodgepodged with some other tech by Gilad while plotting his fight against father
How did you read it?
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Aomalle27
Valiant fan since: 90s
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: XOmanowar
Favorite writer: ?

Post by Aomalle27 »

read what? They had similar news on bleedingcool around Xmas, teasing the 2016 event 4001 AD; which included the dragon cover; though not large enough image to make out the armor looking thing; and blowing up the image made the picture distorted, now these new images defintely show some sort of armor.

jeremycoe

Post by jeremycoe »

Aomalle27 wrote:read what? They had similar news on bleedingcool around Xmas, teasing the 2016 event 4001 AD; which included the dragon cover; though not large enough image to make out the armor looking thing; and blowing up the image made the picture distorted, now these new images defintely show some sort of armor.
How did you read the news that won't be published in Bleeding Cool magazine until April?