Valiant Dominates 2016 Harvey Nominations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Gavin Dillinger
Probably hasn't read a Valiant book.
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: Circle Chest
Favorite title: If You Give A Mouse A Cookie
Favorite writer: Wanda Sykes
Favorite artist: Van Gogh
Re: Valiant Dominates 2016 Harvey Nominations

Post by Gavin Dillinger »

greg wrote:
Gavin Dillinger wrote:
greg wrote:
Phantom wrote:I don't truely understand the baiting at home jibe.
But a newbe at this.
It's Chiclo's job to kill a joke around here, but he might not be paying attention. :D

"baiting" yourself at home is a reference to self-gratification.
Nothing kills a joke more than explaining a joke... or choking the joke till the life leaves its eyes...
I'm disappointed that you didn't say "choking the joke till the life leaves its eye..."
Eye? Wait. There's not supposed to be two?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Gavin Dillinger wrote:
greg wrote:
Gavin Dillinger wrote:
greg wrote:
But a newbe at this.
It's Chiclo's job to kill a joke around here, but he might not be paying attention. :D

Nothing kills a joke more than explaining a joke... or choking the joke till the life leaves its eyes...
I'm disappointed that you didn't say "choking the joke till the life leaves its eye..."
Eye? Wait. There's not supposed to be two?
You're making me wonder what kind of circle has been drawn on your chest. :hm:

Jude Terror

Post by Jude Terror »

Phantom wrote:Oh dear, I just got insulted and didn't even know it.
Does that count?
Now that I know what it means, it has no affect on me.
Maybe if you say it again, know that I know,it will work better.

^now that I know

You might benefit from visiting my side project website, http://CaptainAmericaGrammarNazi.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

Yep, my mistake.
Like the website? I need more hits so I get money from the advertising.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

Phantom wrote:Yep, my mistake.
Like the website? I need more hits so I get money from the advertising.
Hey be nice. Now that Captain Aermica is an actual Nazi that websites probably getting all the accidental clicks it can handle.

Psiot X
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Rafa Sandoval

Post by Psiot X »

greg wrote:
But a newbe at this.

You mean like eating cup cakes when you aren't supposed to?

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

I'll be honest, I think the forum's lacked a certain something since Quotem and Charty were around... Speaking of which, is it just me that thinks it's an odd coincidence that all of a sudden this new pair have shown up at the same time? :hm: :clap:

It'll be fun having Jude and Gavin here whilst it lasts. I doubt it'll be long before they pack up shop with their tails between their legs and go crying home to their moms (whose basements' they're both still occupying, I'm certain).

Must admit, that google search on 'Jude Terror' certainly presented an odd collection of images. You guys should give it a go if you appreciate Zenescope covers. I bet Jude appreciates Zenescope covers... :roll:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Jude Terror

Post by Jude Terror »

If you want to see what all the rage is about today, fellow Valiant fans, it's all Dan Slott.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... comic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The totally legitimate Harvey Awards victory for Valiant (yaaayyy!) article is still the 2nd most popular this week, but this Dan Slott one is moving up fast, already at #8. If you want to make sure Valiant stays at number 2, or better yet, takes the number one spot (Bernie Sanders Buys DC), then you might want to consider clicking more on my original article. Come on, guys! We can make this Valiant article #1!

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Jude Terror wrote:If you want to see what all the rage is about today, fellow Valiant fans, it's all Dan Slott.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... comic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The totally legitimate Harvey Awards victory for Valiant (yaaayyy!) article is still the 2nd most popular this week, but this Dan Slott one is moving up fast, already at #8. If you want to make sure Valiant stays at number 2, or better yet, takes the number one spot (Bernie Sanders Buys DC), then you might want to consider clicking more on my original article. Come on, guys! We can make this Valiant article #1!
Yeaaahhhh... Not really interested thanks :roll:

Jude Terror

Post by Jude Terror »

Shadowman99 wrote:I'll be honest, I think the forum's lacked a certain something since Quotem and Charty were around... Speaking of which, is it just me that thinks it's an odd coincidence that all of a sudden this new pair have shown up at the same time? :hm: :clap:

It'll be fun having Jude and Gavin here whilst it lasts. I doubt it'll be long before they pack up shop with their tails between their legs and go crying home to their moms (whose basements' they're both still occupying, I'm certain).

Must admit, that google search on 'Jude Terror' certainly presented an odd collection of images. You guys should give it a go if you appreciate Zenescope covers. I bet Jude appreciates Zenescope covers... :roll:
Zenescope are a favorite topic of mine, actually!

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... etter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... ready.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... -fans.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... ition.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... cters.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... easer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and my personal favorite:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/ ... -book.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

I like how confusing this all is.

Those of you new to baiting: you will be masters one day, with practice, perseverance, and patience.

Jude Terror

Post by Jude Terror »

Shadowman99 wrote:
Jude Terror wrote:If you want to see what all the rage is about today, fellow Valiant fans, it's all Dan Slott.

What kind of Valiant fan isn't interested in rigging a vote... I mean, autonomously supporting in unison... for Valiant?! Looks like someone needs the title under his username changed. Mods!

turbod16
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: All of them !
Favorite artist: All of them !

Post by turbod16 »

Lfao ......

Listen to Jude kill it guys ...

https://m.soundcloud.com/jude-terror/cold-slither

I mean literally, music has now died.

Gavin Dillinger

Oh that's nothing. I have the full Jude Terror Discography. You should hear the faux-reggae song about Wes Craven, but the computer that had it broke shortly after I downloaded them... I don't believe that's a coincidence.

Gavin Dillinger

Shadowman99 wrote:I'll be honest, I think the forum's lacked a certain something since Quotem and Charty were around... Speaking of which, is it just me that thinks it's an odd coincidence that all of a sudden this new pair have shown up at the same time? :hm: :clap:

Joke's on you! I don't live in my mom's basement. She kicked me out last month...

Jude Terror

Post by Jude Terror »

I now live in Gavin's mom's basement.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Jude Terror wrote:I now live in Gavin's mom's basement.
You would.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I like the new guys! If they are real and not just some fake account that *SQUEE* dream up (I have three). Vote Valiant!

Gavin Dillinger

depluto wrote:I like the new guys! If they are real and not just some fake account that *SQUEE* dream up (I have three). Vote Valiant!
Of course you like us. We're Valiant fans. Like you.

As Bob Layton always said, "Excelsior!"

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

What in the hell are you talking about?

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Jude Terror wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

What kind of Valiant fan isn't interested in rigging a vote... I mean, autonomously supporting in unison... for Valiant?! Looks like someone needs the title under his username changed. Mods!
Not really interested in following links to your website is what I meant dumba$$ :lol:

I'm definitely into rigging votes though. The more awards Valiant wins, the better the press coverage :thumb:
(And no, your blog does NOT count as press, as if... more like some kind of online equivalent of toilet paper rather than newspaper)

Jude Terror

Post by Jude Terror »

Shadowman99 wrote:
Jude Terror wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Not really interested in following links to your website is what I meant dumba$$ :lol:

I'm definitely into rigging votes though. The more awards Valiant wins, the better the press coverage :thumb:
(And no, your blog does NOT count as press, as if... more like some kind of online equivalent of toilet paper rather than newspaper)
Oh damn, that's a good one. When we first created The Outhouse, we really should have foreseen people would make toilet jokes about us. We're so stupid.

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

Jude Terror wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
Jude Terror wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Oh damn, that's a good one. When we first created The Outhouse, we really should have foreseen people would make toilet jokes about us. We're so stupid.
That was no toilet joke, that was a straight up comparison :lol:

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS
Valiant Dominates 2016 Harvey Nominations

Post by BloodShot »

Keith wrote:No doubt we can get Bloodshot nominated for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Screenplay, Best Director, Best Documentary...
F&ckin'-A Skippy peanut butter, brah' 8-) !
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .