Ninja-K #11 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Ninja-K #11 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr178/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Ninja-K #11 Discussion

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Once again, a very solid issue. I'm really loving what Gage is doing with this series; strong continuity links for the long time readers with a cool tie-in to the HWII 'event', which, for the first time in a long time makes the universe actually feel connected - the events in this book following from HWII.

Really like the Ninja-K and Livewire interaction. This actually has me a little excited for her ongoing.

I dug the art too - the issue had a real ninja-vibe to it, the art and colors worked really well.

Overall I'd give this 5/5. :hope: it doesn't go on 'hiatus' at #14 (which would coincide with the last issue in the pre-order bundle')

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

One of the best issues Valiant has out out in a while. Gage is smashing it on the writing chores, lots of continuity references which shows he’s really done his homework. Glad to see De La Torre on the art and fantastic colours by Villarrubia too. A couple of panels could have been clearer but I was very happ6 with it overall and I’d welcome being regulars on the book.

Great last panel on Ninjak getting a fix on Livewire location, this is what Ninjak should be about not messing about with magic/Deadside stuff!

4.5/5 - it’ll be hard to top this book this month :clap:

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:One of the best issues Valiant has out out in a while. Gage is smashing it on the writing chores, lots of continuity references which shows he’s really done his homework. Glad to see De La Torre on the art and fantastic colours by Villarrubia too. A couple of panels could have been clearer but I was very happ6 with it overall and I’d welcome being regulars on the book.

Great last panel on Ninjak getting a fix on Livewire location, this is what Ninjak should be about not messing about with magic/Deadside stuff!

4.5/5 - it’ll be hard to top this book this month :clap:
Completely agree. Consistently good and I love how a book (finally) had some concrete ties to another title (even if it was the garbage that is/was HWII) :thumb:

QUARTZ
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by QUARTZ »

That art is sooo good. Been slowly reading it because each panel begs to be inspected closely. Looks like this title is going out with a bang.

otomo
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

I've been so down on Valiant lately. After I got so excited last year going through their whole catalogue, really learning everything it's been just let down after let down and feels like the company really lost its path as a whole.

HOWEVER

This issue was excellent. First book of theirs in awhile I felt like it both gave a fun story and developed a character in a way that matters. Looking forward to the next issue. The Livewire dilemma here is the only interesting thing to come out of HW2.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I'll agree on the writing and references to prior continuity; not just HW2 but the Silk stuff as well. Great issue.

The art is not my cup of tea for Ninjak, however. It's good, just not the appropriate choice for this title, imo.

WrathOfArmstrong
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

jmatt wrote:I'll agree on the writing and references to prior continuity; not just HW2 but the Silk stuff as well. Great issue.

The art is not my cup of tea for Ninjak, however. It's good, just not the appropriate choice for this title, imo.
You're right on the art. despite that, this is the best Valiant comic right now. I'm both excited for Gage's conclusion and disappointed that it'll be ending.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

WrathOfArmstrong wrote:
jmatt wrote:I'll agree on the writing and references to prior continuity; not just HW2 but the Silk stuff as well. Great issue.

You're right on the art. despite that, this is the best Valiant comic right now. I'm both excited for Gage's conclusion and disappointed that it'll be ending.
Big +1 to that sentiment. This book has consistently been a top 2 Valiant title every month since it started. There will be a big void in its place in a few months. :(
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

WrathOfArmstrong wrote: this is the best Valiant comic right now.
QFT. It's got the right vibe for the genre.