X-O Manowar [2017] #21 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
X-O Manowar [2017] #21 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Faith: Dreamside #3], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr187/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU
Re: X-O Manowar [2017] #21 Discussion

Post by kinggirlfriend »

grendeljd wrote:If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Faith: Dreamside #3], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr187/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was another excellent show! I enjoyed listening to all your theories and whatnot.

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

kinggirlfriend wrote:
grendeljd wrote:If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Faith: Dreamside #3], please follow the link;

This was another excellent show! I enjoyed listening to all your theories and whatnot.
Thanks for listening :thumb:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Outstanding issue! What a great arc!

I thought it was interesting that the Unknown Police Patrol referred to eliminating agitants as an "editorial strike-through" and the Divinity issues are heavily reliant on references to books and literature. I wonder if that's not a coincidence.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

jmatt wrote:Outstanding issue! What a great arc!

I thought it was interesting that the Unknown Police Patrol referred to eliminating agitants as an "editorial strike-through" and the Divinity issues are heavily reliant on references to books and literature. I wonder if that's not a coincidence.
Maybe I need to read it again, didn’t feel like much happened :?

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Maybe I need to read it again, didn’t feel like much happened :?
I'll grant you that the plot didn't advance all that much. But we progressed to the square off with David Camp (aka The Cartographer), saw the Unknown cops get involved, some action and a meteor strike. I like the way Kindt is amping up Camp's character, he's becoming a better villain.

I'll spot OTV the butterfly thing, but I think the bear wearing a loincloth was even sillier. I guess we're supposed to think of him more as a character than simply a huge, conjured bear.

But I'm enjoying the action, plot and characterization overall.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

jmatt wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Maybe I need to read it again, didn’t feel like much happened :?
I'll grant you that the plot didn't advance all that much. But we progressed to the square off with David Camp (aka The Cartographer), saw the Unknown cops get involved, some action and a meteor strike. I like the way Kindt is amping up Camp's character, he's becoming a better villain.

I'll spot OTV the butterfly thing, but I think the bear wearing a loincloth was even sillier. I guess we're supposed to think of him more as a character than simply a huge, conjured bear.

But I'm enjoying the action, plot and characterization overall.
Talking of goofy looking bears, do you remember the bear Robert Gill drew in Book of Death facepalm :hm:

I’m glad we’re revisiting all of these characters but somethings not quite clicking for me with this arc.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

I enjoyed this issue. I liked the art #1 the police things are weirdly out of place. The unkown was suposed to be this weird place but it just seems like another world now. And I thought the guy who kept everything on course was the main person doesnt seem so weird if they have a galactic police force. I wonder if this whole story isnt a mcguffin to allow whats her face to steal the drive from the ship. Kinda weird she would know where it is. Is able to take it out with out the ship falling to the ground and able to handle it and pack it away without anyone knowing or alarm bells around the ship going off.
Im sure if you stole the drive from the enterprise a bell or 2 would be going.
After listening to the pod cast the butterflies where a cheesy fight I glazed over. The bear was stupid. It falling on xo and a little noise coming out of him was stupid. Ive seen xo toss cars.
The metor was out of left felid unexpected and wtf. If a metor did that they would all have been killed. Im interested to see how they explain why a damaged xo an Aric with out a helmet lived. Not to mention everyone else.
I Miss the good old days.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Talking of goofy looking bears, do you remember the bear Robert Gill drew in Book of Death
Sadly, I do. :cry: :lol: