WTS Detective Comics #359 CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages- SOLD!

Non-VALIANT items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
WTS Detective Comics #359 CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages- SOLD!

Post by mkb28 »

SOLD for $650.00 plus $17.99 shipping on eBay!

Hello Everyone:

Trying to upgrade my collection with a higher grade book so I am selling my second copy of this amazing 1st appearance and origin story of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl: :cloud9:

Asking $655.00 shipped with a “Friends and Family” payment in the U.S only. International shipping will be available at actual cost.

Thanks for looking!

Michael
Mkb28
Last edited by mkb28 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:02:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkb28
Re: WTS Detective Comics #359 CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages- 1st Batgir

Post by mkb28 »

Price reduced! :clap:

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Let's take a look at your pricing and see if we can help you move this book - I know your goals for it and it would be cool to see your upgrade happen.

Your slabbed 5.5 has an asking price of $660 as BIN without bidding opportunity or an invitation for eBay buyer negotiation.

-Overstreet 47 (I don't have 48) estimates this is a $500 book as a 6.0 - your price is high on this mark
-Measurable eBay sales have been as follows: the last CGC 5.5 sold for $635 as auction and two more before that were actually higher, but could have sold on "ego bidding" - Your price is about right on this mark, given the breadth of those last three sales
-There is an auction listing 5.0 going on right now where buyers have a chance to pick this up at or around guide value because of the format of the listing - your price is high on this mark, but thats based on buyer psychology and the fact that the listing I am citing isn't over with yet.

And so putting this together -the variation we are seeing from guide, the fact that the sales I saw were auctions, and the sales pricing; I'd say that your current pricing is probably doable. However, maybe maintain your current listing price, but also add a "Make an Offer" on there and see who becomes interested.

mkb28

Post by mkb28 »

IMJ wrote:Let's take a look at your pricing and see if we can help you move this book - I know your goals for it and it would be cool to see your upgrade happen.

Your slabbed 5.5 has an asking price of $660 as BIN without bidding opportunity or an invitation for eBay buyer negotiation.

-Overstreet 47 (I don't have 48) estimates this is a $500 book as a 6.0 - your price is high on this mark
-Measurable eBay sales have been as follows: the last CGC 5.5 sold for $635 as auction and two more before that were actually higher, but could have sold on "ego bidding" - Your price is about right on this mark, given the breadth of those last three sales
-There is an auction listing 5.0 going on right now where buyers have a chance to pick this up at or around guide value because of the format of the listing - your price is high on this mark, but thats based on buyer psychology and the fact that the listing I am citing isn't over with yet.

And so putting this together -the variation we are seeing from guide, the fact that the sales I saw were auctions, and the sales pricing; I'd say that your current pricing is probably doable. However, maybe maintain your current listing price, but also add a "Make an Offer" on there and see who becomes interested.
I appreciate the feedback, Brother. :thumb:

mkb28
Re: WTS Detective Comics #359 CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages- SOLD!

Post by mkb28 »

SOLD for $650.00 plus $17.99 shipping on eBay! :clap:

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Re: WTS Detective Comics #359 CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages- SOLD!

Post by IMJ »

:clap:
:thumb:

And through an offer even! 8-)