Fallen World #4 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Fallen World #4 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue, please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr216/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Re: Fallen World #4 Discussion

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Another very good issue from Abnett and Pollina. Lots of action as Bloodfather attacks the city, story cuts to Gilad, Geomancer, War Mother and the Green who are debating whether to join in the defence of the city. Alongside this there’s Rai with the Kor’ tunga animal people trying to race back in time to save Lula and the city inhabitants from slaughter.

Fast paced, enjoyable action.

4.25/5 :thumb:

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

I still think there may be one too many plot threads going on at the same time, but otherwise this continues to be a very good comic. And very possibly the best job VEI has done in the 4001/4002 timeline.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

SwiftMann wrote:I still think there may be one too many plot threads going on at the same time, but otherwise this continues to be a very good comic. And very possibly the best job VEI has done in the 4001/4002 timeline.
As Chris said on the podcast there’s only a month gap before they launch another Rai mini series which is good news as maybe some plot threads will run over to that. I’d like to move away from the Father/Bloodfather stuff after issue #5 and create some new bad guys from the future universe.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Duplicate post.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

I like Rai, and the whole 4001 futuristic sh!t. But I’m starting to wonder, if and when he kills father, then what? These heroes rouge galleries are paper thin, idk, maybe I’m forgetting another villain from this timeline. Also, I believe the new ongoing mentions Rai still trying to kill father, so, it’s just wash, rinse, repeat. I’ll be reading, but I’m starting to wonder where they going with this... :?
#StayValiant