ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Dec 06, 2019 2:03:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Psi-Lords #4 Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:33:57 pm 
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks

Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
:|

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr222/

MY COLLECTION: http://tinyurl.com/DBSValiantCollection
MY CAF PAGE: http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=100809

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:28:52 am 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
This is a big ol' bag of terrible. I don't really care for the art, but that's secondary to the fact it is a complete mismatched with the writing. The art is trying to be super earnest while the writing is a combination of sincere attempts at sci-fi and humor. Key word there is "attempts" because this isn't working as a story at all. And this story seems to have gone from slow burn to warp speed with this issue, making me wonder if they are really going to make it 12 issues.

And while I rarely agree with Chris, he was definitely spot on with the Bendis-itis of every character in this book. Capshaw's dialogue put a big ol' spotlight on it this issue.

"What kind of name is Unity for a superhero team anyway? They deserve to die for that alone." - Bloodsquirt, Bloodshot Reborn #5

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33:38 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

SwiftMann wrote:
This is a big ol' bag of terrible. I don't really care for the art, but that's secondary to the fact it is a complete mismatched with the writing. The art is trying to be super earnest while the writing is a combination of sincere attempts at sci-fi and humor. Key word there is "attempts" because this isn't working as a story at all. And this story seems to have gone from slow burn to warp speed with this issue, making me wonder if they are really going to make it 12 issues.

And while I rarely agree with Chris, he was definitely spot on with the Bendis-itis of every character in this book. Capshaw's dialogue put a big ol' spotlight on it this issue.

Thanks for listening :high-five:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:49:49 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
SwiftMann wrote:

+1

Yep this pretty much sums it up for me. A tedious ‘quip-fest’, uninteresting characters with ‘stiff art’. Now I’ve read both Livewire #10 and this book im not sure which one was worse in Valiant’s race to the bottom.

On the upside, that’s the last issue I pre-ordered so no more reading that garbage for me. I’ll happily hear about it on OTV though and stay up to date on what nonsense happens, I’m just not supporting with my £. I hope Chris keeps reading it as I like to hear the displeasure in his voice. :lol: Unlike Swift (on this point) I almost always ageee with Chris and I think he verbalises what many people think.

1/5 - another FVL s#&+ show

Online Profile