Psi-Lords #4 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Psi-Lords #4 Discussion

Post by DirtbagSailor »

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Re: Psi-Lords #4 Discussion

Post by SwiftMann »

This is a big ol' bag of terrible. I don't really care for the art, but that's secondary to the fact it is a complete mismatched with the writing. The art is trying to be super earnest while the writing is a combination of sincere attempts at sci-fi and humor. Key word there is "attempts" because this isn't working as a story at all. And this story seems to have gone from slow burn to warp speed with this issue, making me wonder if they are really going to make it 12 issues.

And while I rarely agree with Chris, he was definitely spot on with the Bendis-itis of every character in this book. Capshaw's dialogue put a big ol' spotlight on it this issue.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

SwiftMann wrote:This is a big ol' bag of terrible. I don't really care for the art, but that's secondary to the fact it is a complete mismatched with the writing. The art is trying to be super earnest while the writing is a combination of sincere attempts at sci-fi and humor. Key word there is "attempts" because this isn't working as a story at all. And this story seems to have gone from slow burn to warp speed with this issue, making me wonder if they are really going to make it 12 issues.

And while I rarely agree with Chris, he was definitely spot on with the Bendis-itis of every character in this book. Capshaw's dialogue put a big ol' spotlight on it this issue.
Thanks for listening :high-five:

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

SwiftMann wrote:This is a big ol' bag of terrible. I don't really care for the art, but that's secondary to the fact it is a complete mismatched with the writing. The art is trying to be super earnest while the writing is a combination of sincere attempts at sci-fi and humor. Key word there is "attempts" because this isn't working as a story at all. And this story seems to have gone from slow burn to warp speed with this issue, making me wonder if they are really going to make it 12 issues.

+1

Yep this pretty much sums it up for me. A tedious ‘quip-fest’, uninteresting characters with ‘stiff art’. Now I’ve read both Livewire #10 and this book im not sure which one was worse in Valiant’s race to the bottom.

On the upside, that’s the last issue I pre-ordered so no more reading that garbage for me. I’ll happily hear about it on OTV though and stay up to date on what nonsense happens, I’m just not supporting with my £. I hope Chris keeps reading it as I like to hear the displeasure in his voice. :lol: Unlike Swift (on this point) I almost always ageee with Chris and I think he verbalises what many people think.

1/5 - another FVL s#&+ show