Eiza Gonzalez shares image of her Bloodshot Character

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Eiza Gonzalez shares image of her Bloodshot Character

Post by Juki »

....KT
Last edited by Juki on Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:29:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: Eiza Gonzalez shares image of her Bloodshot Character

Post by Juki »

https://heroichollywood.com/eiza-gonzal ... bloodshot/

Her tattoo looks like part snake, part octopus, part bird.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

So is she super-powered, too, or what's that chest piece good for?

She looks gorgeous except for that thing and she would look even better without it and any of those tats but that's probably just me.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

I read the Bloodshot movie novelization. :o

So, if anyone really wants to know anything before the movie, just send me a PM. Otherwise, I'll keep my spoilers to myself. :thumb:

Sunlight on Snow

greg wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:37:39 am I read the Bloodshot movie novelization. :o

So, if anyone really wants to know anything before the movie, just send me a PM. Otherwise, I'll keep my spoilers to myself. :thumb:
Did you only want to read a little but couldn't put it down anymore?

I'm still arguing with myself...

greg

Post by greg »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22:14 am
greg wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:37:39 am I read the Bloodshot movie novelization. :o

No, I planned to read the whole thing before the movie, pre-ordered sometime last year, and then when the book arrived, I read it in one night. (Bragging, I'm a speed reader.) :wink:

I've seen movies having no idea what the movie was about, I've seen movies without reading the already-available book/novelization, and I've seen movies after reading the book/novelization first. They're all fun in their own way.

I actually like imagining movie scenes in my head from the books, then comparing them to see if they match my imagination. Since I saw Bloodshot trailers before I read the book, I already had certain official movie (preview) scenes in my head, so I built out other scenes from the novelization those starting points (actors, sets, etc.), but I don't know if the movie will match. Kinda fun way to waste the five weeks between the novelization and the movie... I can picture everything now even if it won't look like that on March 13.

Still, there will be things from the Bloodshot movie novelization that aren't shown in the movie, either because they didn't film it or because they cut it, and those scenes, events, or descriptions are still "book canon" even if they aren't "movie canon". Those are good to know, too. When someone says, "Why did that happen?" the novelization might have the details... so I might be able to answer quickly, for those who don't want to read the novelization before, during, or after the movie. :D

Sunlight on Snow

greg wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:10:25 pm

No, I planned to read the whole thing before the movie, pre-ordered sometime last year, and then when the book arrived, I read it in one night. (Bragging, I'm a speed reader.) :wink:

I've seen movies having no idea what the movie was about, I've seen movies without reading the already-available book/novelization, and I've seen movies after reading the book/novelization first. They're all fun in their own way.

I actually like imagining movie scenes in my head from the books, then comparing them to see if they match my imagination. Since I saw Bloodshot trailers before I read the book, I already had certain official movie (preview) scenes in my head, so I built out other scenes from the novelization those starting points (actors, sets, etc.), but I don't know if the movie will match. Kinda fun way to waste the five weeks between the novelization and the movie... I can picture everything now even if it won't look like that on March 13.

Still, there will be things from the Bloodshot movie novelization that aren't shown in the movie, either because they didn't film it or because they cut it, and those scenes, events, or descriptions are still "book canon" even if they aren't "movie canon". Those are good to know, too. When someone says, "Why did that happen?" the novelization might have the details... so I might be able to answer quickly, for those who don't want to read the novelization before, during, or after the movie. :D
Interesting points. I'm still not fully sold on the idea of reading it beforehand but I just ordered a copy.

Maybe I'm gonna read the first 50 or 100 pages only.....

I really shouldn't have ordered it! #BadIdea facepalm

greg

Post by greg »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:12:53 am

Interesting points. I'm still not fully sold on the idea of reading it beforehand but I just ordered a copy.

A lot of the trailers is in the first 50 or 100 pages, so you can (theoretically) stop reading when you get into scenes where you don't already know what will happen.
The trailers don't reveal everything.

Sunlight on Snow

greg wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:20:28 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:12:53 am

A lot of the trailers is in the first 50 or 100 pages, so you can (theoretically) stop reading when you get into scenes where you don't already know what will happen.
The trailers don't reveal everything.
Sounds good. The first 100 should be okay then. I don't mind going into the movie with a few false memories. :high-five:

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

Well since movie novelizations are based off of early scripts not so much the final script and there was a claim that a Harada/Harbinger cameo got cut with Sony dumping the Harbinger rights I think the obvious question is, Harada ya or no?

Sunlight on Snow

EDIT: duplicate post.....see below:
Last edited by Sunlight on Snow on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:14:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlight on Snow

EDIT: Some glitch here....fixed it.
dornwolf wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:41:28 am

Well since movie novelizations are based off of early scripts not so much the final script and there was a claim that a Harada/Harbinger cameo got cut with Sony dumping the Harbinger rights I think the obvious question is, Harada ya or no?
My copy was finally delivered yesterday and I read the first 13 (of 50) and a half chapters before I feel asleep.

It's my first movie novelization and I'm positively surprised. It's a good read.

Based on what I've read thus far I'd say there isn't a cameo. Instead there's an indirect reference to Harada during a quick Q&A between Dr. Harting and Bloodshot testing the nanites informational power. Only Valiant/Harbinger/Harada fans will understand it as such reference. :clap:
Last edited by Sunlight on Snow on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:13:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:02:59 am
dornwolf wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:41:28 am

My copy was finally delivered yesterday and I read the first 13 (of 50) and a half chapters before I feel asleep.

It's my first movie novelization and I'm positively surprised. It's a good read.

Based on what I've read thus far I'd say there isn't a cameo. Instead there's an indirect reference to Harada during a quick Q&A between Dr. Harting and Bloodshot testing the nanites informational power. Only Valiant/Harbinger/Harada fans will understand it as such reference. :clap:
Cool. Also you should read some movie novelizations they aren't bad a of a read. I read a lot of tiein material so I think they are great.

Sunlight on Snow

Over here the movie already came out yesterday and....

Without spoiling anything, all I can say is the first 90 pages of the movie novelization are way more detailed than the final result; for instance that Q&A part isn't in the movie...meaning there is no mention about any other Valiant character or psiot or anything in the movie.

Good thing is I have another 200 pages to read over the weekend.

It's funny that I paid 9 Euros for the novelization, only 8.50 Euros for the movie ticket, and 6.60 Euros for parking. :lol: