Priority Mail got more expensive

VALIANT-related items for sale, trade, or wanted.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Priority Mail got more expensive

Post by jmatt »

After being raped by Ebay and Paypal, I went to ship the slabs as promised via Priority Mail. Which is now $15.05 each. Yikes. Over $30 to ship just two books. :!:

How are you guys shipping slabs these days?

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger
Re: Priority Mail got more expensive

Post by aj583 »

Ouch. Didn’t USPS just raise the priority price like 6 months ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwiftMann
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

There is no Priority option at that price. I'm guessing they are tacking on additional costs for a Medium Box which is $13.20 this year.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

Sorry tell you guys but the rates for shipping go up 2x a year. Postal is worse because they have changed their pricing to be more in line with fedex and ups (they were doing it for way less and getting killed!) . FedEx is cheapest right now for posted rates because they are trying to make up for the loss by cutting ties with Amazon. UPS still offers big discounts to its larger customers... be used to it because it won’t get any cheaper.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

I don't have any graded books really, but for raws, I use the Regional Rate Box 'A" when I can, it's usually the cheapest and has a 15 pound max weight limit. I usually don't waste bubble wrap for those, I just fill in the space on either side with sheets and sheets of either cardboard or corrugated plastic. Do it right and it's almost bomb-proof.

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

The trick is to stay below 2 pounds, and you can stay under the medium flat rate price. I use the old 1092 inside the 1095 trick. The new slabs are heavier so it gets pretty close to 2 pounds.

I wont use the medium FRBs becuase they are too short, IMO. So at 3 pounds you are stuck. Over 3 you have to look at the LARGE "Board Game" Flat rate box, which is under $20.

But really you are being bit by the buyers not being close to you. If your buyers are in region, under 2 pounds is about $8. This is why many do not offer free shipping any longer - the variance is so high.