Bloodshot available for digital download next week!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Bloodshot available for digital download next week!

Post by jmatt »

lorddunlow wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:03:59 pm I finally watched the movie last night. I really enjoyed it, but it felt... I don't know... Short? Incomplete? Something.

The movie was very fun though.

No ulna to the neck though. :(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was totally expecting the broken ulna neck stab. That may have been the coolest part of the fight with Chainsaw in the book.

tarheelmarine
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Ask me about the Mellow Mushroom
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Jim Calafiore

Post by tarheelmarine »

Forgot to pick this up from Redbox yesterday, Cinco de Mayo was on my mind.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

BugsySig wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:21:07 pm
jmatt wrote:I've been checking for it on Vudu, since they have a tile that plays the trailer. Good to know it'll be available in some form soon. I really wish I'd gone opening night now. Last Wednesday seems like a lifetime ago.

But my god, what a disaster for the release.
It is, but same goes for several other films. Never had a chance, and the studios will know why. But a large number of downloads, etc might be enough to convince them to go ahead with sequels/spin-offs. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pre-COVID it didn't look on course to break even.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

leonmallett wrote:
jmatt wrote:I've been checking for it on Vudu, since they have a tile that plays the trailer. Good to know it'll be available in some form soon. I really wish I'd gone opening night now. Last Wednesday seems like a lifetime ago.

It is, but same goes for several other films. Never had a chance, and the studios will know why. But a large number of downloads, etc might be enough to convince them to go ahead with sequels/spin-offs. Only time will tell.

Pre-covid it hadn't even released... This statement is weird.

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

:funnypost:

leonmallett
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

lorddunlow wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:17:56 pm
leonmallett wrote:

Pre-covid it hadn't even released... This statement is weird.

<sigh> You understand tracking and projections right? :roll:

$12 to $17 opening weekend projection Jan 29th: https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/01/ ... lm-arrive/

$12 to $17 opening weekend projection Jan 17th://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-trackin ... nd-my-spy/

$16.8 million opening 30th Dec: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/30 ... redictions
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

You mean like the predictions that said we'd have one million deaths in the US by now? Or the models a predictions for hurricanes? Or weather? Or anything?

Predictions and models are the most useless numbers ever. They exist to give people something to react to when there is no data.

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Well, I watched that.

Honestly, it was better than I was worried it would be. I don't know how memorable it will be, if it will fade into the crowd of Vin Diesel action movies or not. That fight scene on the elevator was way over the top.
lorddunlow wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:24:25 pm You mean like the predictions that said we'd have one million deaths in the US by now? Or the models a predictions for hurricanes? Or weather? Or anything?

Predictions and models are the most useless numbers ever. They exist to give people something to react to when there is no data.

Predictions and models are all basically timeshare presentations telling us how it will cost $20,000 to stay in a hotel for a week by 2035. They abuse the math in exactly the same way, no matter what they are selling.

Talarius
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by Talarius »

Just finished watching it. I liked it! Pretty straight-forward story, but very fun. I’d heard some complaints about the CGI but it all seemed fine to me.

One thing that cracked me up was the “Aviano Air Base” in “Italy” shown at 4min 15sec. That whole scene clearly takes place at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA. The dirigible hangars are instantly recognizable, even if the wide shot is a mish-mash of CGI. The team is shown landing in a C-5 Galaxy, which one of my best friends from high school used to fly. I’ve even sat *on top* of his plane @ Moffett Field, so that scene was a bit more amusing to me than it should have been.

I know this was done on a tight budget. it’s a shame Covid-19 had a hand in limiting this movie’s success. I’d be happy to see a sequel to this; not sure if that’ll happen unless the digital rentals/sales really take off beyond expectations. :-/

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

I know how you feel about knowing a real place and seeing it in a movie. It has happened to me many times. It takes me out of what I am watching many times because I think about my experiences there rather than what the movie or show is doing. Lol. I enjoyed the movie and hope for a sequel. Oh what could have been if they hadn’t ripped it away from Sony!

OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Shooter
Favorite artist: Perlin

Post by OhioValiantNut »

I finally cracked my DVD of the film open and watched it today.

It was what I expected as a first installment. Look how the MCU has grown, pretty much starting from the first IRON MAN film ... and I expect the VEIMU (Valiant Ent. Inc. Movie Universe so to speak) to grow to the point where the films are can't miss explosions of awesome.

My favorite thing about the film: Bloodshot ... Valiant actually got a movie out ... no more doubting Thomas from my end!

My least favorite thing about the film: A little bit too slow in the beginning ... but I'm a Bloodshot fan and newbies need a backstory.

My unexpected surprise about the film: I really enjoyed the DVD extras. I wish I had watched them first before the film because it added much more context and layers that will enable me to really enjoy the film moreso on my second viewing in the future.

Solid 'B' effort ... looking forward to the next installment in the VEIMU.

Chris
"Dear Universe, you will deliver unto me a Bloodshot Platinum Error for under $1000!!!"

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Talarius wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:08:56 am Just finished watching it. I liked it! Pretty straight-forward story, but very fun. I’d heard some complaints about the CGI but it all seemed fine to me.

One thing that cracked me up was the “Aviano Air Base” in “Italy” shown at 4min 15sec. That whole scene clearly takes place at Moffett Field in Mountain View, CA. The dirigible hangars are instantly recognizable, even if the wide shot is a mish-mash of CGI. The team is shown landing in a C-5 Galaxy, which one of my best friends from high school used to fly. I’ve even sat *on top* of his plane @ Moffett Field, so that scene was a bit more amusing to me than it should have been.

I know this was done on a tight budget. it’s a shame Covid-19 had a hand in limiting this movie’s success. I’d be happy to see a sequel to this; not sure if that’ll happen unless the digital rentals/sales really take off beyond expectations. :-/
That's not Moffett Field ;)

Talarius
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by Talarius »

dino wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:57:21 pm That's not Moffett Field ;)
Ha! Well, you would certainly know. Lol. The dirigible hangars suuure look exactly like the ones that were there, including the partially deconstructed one, so you fooled me good. I knew it wasn’t 100% Moffett, as the water is too close and there are buildings that don’t belong. If there are other hangars like that elsewhere in the world I wasn’t aware of it, but I’m comfortable being wrong. Lol. Thanks for the correction! :)