Your opinion? Better: AA: Romance or Andromeda TPB?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Your opinion? Better: AA: Romance or Andromeda TPB?

Post by Oxmyx »

I'm thinking of buying one of those, but probably not both at the moment. I've read AA In the Bag. Obviously the next sequence is Romance Road Trips but I don't like Faith very much.

Just looking for educated opinions
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Re: Your opinion? Better: AA: Romance or Andromeda TPB?

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Nah, you don't wanna skip the 2nd trade and only read the 3rd one.

The Faith story is a one-shot only and it's a quite funny. The rest of the 2nd trade isn't less funny as the boys meet GUB GUB and he isn't even the weirdest of the newly introduced characters. Oh well, let me take that back. GUB GUB is as weird as it gets. Also, as cute as it gets.

Last not least Andromeda first appearance is in the last issue collected in the 2nd trade. It's a brief appearance but you don't wanna miss it.

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:59:39 am Nah, you don't wanna skip the 2nd trade and only read the 3rd one.

The Faith story is a one-shot only and it's a quite funny. The rest of the 2nd trade isn't less funny as the boys meet GUB GUB and he isn't even the weirdest of the newly introduced characters. Oh well, let me take that back. GUB GUB is as weird as it gets. Also, as cute as it gets.

Last not least Andromeda first appearance is in the last issue collected in the 2nd trade. It's a brief appearance but you don't wanna miss it.
I made the choice to go Unity Vol 1 then 3, 4 (skipping Webnet) and didn't feel like I suffered much from it.

That's in no way saying you are wrong, just that I've done this before. And actually my VH1 reading has been so monumentally screwed up it's not a foreign idea
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Sunlight on Snow

Oxmyx wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:10:07 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:59:39 am Nah, you don't wanna skip the 2nd trade and only read the 3rd one.

I made the choice to go Unity Vol 1 then 3, 4 (skipping Webnet) and didn't feel like I suffered much from it.

That's in no way saying you are wrong, just that I've done this before. And actually my VH1 reading has been so monumentally screwed up it's not a foreign idea
It's not about the skipping and suffering (story wise). It's about missing lots of fun stuff. Those people in Podunk are nuts. :lol:

IMHO the first arc is the least interesting here.

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:32:28 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:59:39 am ... the 2nd trade...you don't wanna miss it.
no way saying you are wrong...
Are you talking the first part of AA Romace or AA In the Bag or AA Michaelangelo Code?

Sunlight on Snow

Oxmyx wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:45:10 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:32:28 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:59:39 am ... the 2nd trade...you don't wanna miss it.
no way saying you are wrong...
Are you talking the first part of AA Romace or AA In the Bag or AA Michaelangelo Code?
The first arc of The Adventures of A&A => "In the Bag"

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Oxmyx wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:07:22 am I'm thinking of buying one of those, but probably not both at the moment. I've read AA In the Bag. Obviously the next sequence is Romance Road Trips but I don't like Faith very much.

Just looking for educated opinions
1. Faith is only in one issue, and that issue is the best issue of the entire A+A series.
2. Clowntown, or whatever the *SQUEE* it's called, sucks.
3. The Andromeda arc is the strongest arc of the bunch (which isn't saying much).