Needs to be said....Dinesh is one of the classiest i've ever encountered.

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

apacseller
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: Harbinger #1
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Warriors of Plasm
Needs to be said....Dinesh is one of the classiest i've ever encountered.

Post by apacseller »

I've been a long time lurker on this site for decades. I had always heard about Dinesh, how awesome he was in person and his passion for Valiant. Since I had never met him, and was a sideline reader of Valiant 2.0, it never really registered or mattered to me.

As a casual buyer/seller of collectibles (usually for hobby, rarely for profit) I've sold thousands of comics, cards, etc. It's never been a business, but always been a passion that allows me to upgrade here and there.

Anyway......to make a short story, shorter, Dinesh did a favor for me that most people in this hobby would never do. It wasn't a gift, or a perk, but a mercy. I'd like to think I would do the same thing, but I can't say for sure. But I certainly will in the future.

I merely want to make this post so that I can proclaim what many of you have always said. I've encountered thousands of people in business and Dinesh will always stand out among them. I am now a believer and regret that I didn't enjoy the fruits of his labors at Valiant more.

That said, as a gesture, I have subscribed to every new Bad Idea comic book and am very excited. I haven't bought a physical reader comic in a long time, so this is quite the thrill.

Thanks for indulging me. Thank you Dinesh.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: Needs to be said....Dinesh is one of the classiest i've ever encountered.

Post by Juki »

:thumb: Great to hear the positive stories! I have purchased all bad idea comics as well.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

He really is a hell of a guy. :thumb:

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

apacseller wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:26:06 pm I've been a long time lurker on this site for decades. I had always heard about Dinesh, how awesome he was in person and his passion for Valiant. Since I had never met him, and was a sideline reader of Valiant 2.0, it never really registered or mattered to me.

As a casual buyer/seller of collectibles (usually for hobby, rarely for profit) I've sold thousands of comics, cards, etc. It's never been a business, but always been a passion that allows me to upgrade here and there.

Anyway......to make a short story, shorter, Dinesh did a favor for me that most people in this hobby would never do. It wasn't a gift, or a perk, but a mercy. I'd like to think I would do the same thing, but I can't say for sure. But I certainly will in the future.

I merely want to make this post so that I can proclaim what many of you have always said. I've encountered thousands of people in business and Dinesh will always stand out among them. I am now a believer and regret that I didn't enjoy the fruits of his labors at Valiant more.

That said, as a gesture, I have subscribed to every new Bad Idea comic book and am very excited. I haven't bought a physical reader comic in a long time, so this is quite the thrill.

Thanks for indulging me. Thank you Dinesh.
This is very nice of you to post man! I've been in that situation before. I know how it feels. Was easy to do on my end and was happy to do it!

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

You are correct in saying that your encounter with Dinesh is one that many of us have had through out the years with him. He bends over backwards for fans.

All I can say is wait until you meet him (and I highly suggest you attempt to make that happen). He has non-stop energy, and will talk to you all day long about comics, or whatever you want to talk about. He's a "must meet" at Cons for certain
Moose

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:22:52 pm He's a "must meet" at Cons for certain