Counterfeit Valiant book UPDATE , FYI

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
Re: Counterfeit Valiant book Red Alert 911

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Oh man. This thread has everything!! :lol:

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

I was going to say this earlier in the day When only on first page of thread.
Valiantdude, whatever you have to say - you have the right to say it.
It's HOW you are saying it.

Personally attacking another board member, who took the risk to bring back valiant. High risk = high loss or gain. it doesn't always work out. Really, that part shouldn't be mentioned, it's not relevant to the argument.

This is the only message board I visit, I don't have to read this thread, on this board. This seems out of character, and not our community s normal way to address opinions.

Think, would you say that to someone s face? With all that profanity. Then think, no offence to Jim Shooter Dinesh DMG, would you say that over a comic book! over a comic book that may or may not of been counterfeit ed 30 years ago.

We all get hyped over things, I get stressed out over really small things, but I don't blow up like that with personal attacks.

I honestly thought you would get kicked off the boards for this. Was going to be a PM. No need to respond, just putting it out their publicly as you have. Not in defence or attack of you Jim or Dinesh., but just pause and think - did I over step in defending Jim Shooter and personally attacking a board member here?
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

reddog
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: chu chuck
Favorite title: solar
Favorite writer: shooter
Favorite artist: lapham

Post by reddog »

there are no counterfeit pre-unity valiant comic books

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

Let's see...yes if he wouldve said jim was a liar in this way, yes I wouldve said it directly to his face in the same way..
The thing is, if I saw him, I wouldve asked him why he screwed over jim so hard anyway...like in life.. that podcast made it a fresh wound.. I wouldn't have said anything, if he hadn't put in his 2cents with not, 'wow you're right how could have I not have not known that' but instead with 'Jim's a liar' with NOTHING to back it up..
I have no sympathy for that bs, and I expressed myself accordingly.
Also, yes the dude summoned his family's money to get the characters value noticed only then to take the money from earth's current version of nazi Germany, and then got bamboozled himself..he didnt take French money.. so I have no respect for those types either..

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Just in case a reminder is needed about the validity
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-sho ... interview/

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:18:10 pm Oh man. This thread has everything!! :lol:
This thread is a river to our people.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:49:47 pm Just in case a reminder is needed about the validity
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-sho ... interview/
Well since Bleeding Cool said it, I am now skeptical as to whether the podcast actually exists. Bleeding Cool is clickbait garbage and toilet paper for the soul of the comics community, and as valid a source of evidence as mêmes.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Getting back to the point I made about whether this situation is a "Red Alert 911" as the topic title suggests...
...and assuming there actually are some counterfeit Valiant books in the world...

The "Red Alert 911" would have people rushing to the scene of the emergency.

Where is it? We don't know
How do we find it? We don't know
How big of a problem is it? We don't know

So, what --- exactly --- is anyone supposed to do about it?
"Red Alert 911" plus "we don't know" = A big fat :?

I heard from someone who knows for sure that there's a fire somewhere that started 30 years ago but no one knew.
Where's the fire? Don't know. How do we find it? Don't know. How big of a problem is it? Don't know.

:?

The only conclusion that we can make is that there is a serious case of "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" happening on this board... and that actually is something we know all about around here.

This board is not about valiantdude, it's about Valiant, dude.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

I'm just trying to uncover this greg, without anyone insulting jim shooter

greg

Post by greg »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:35:19 pm I'm just trying to uncover this greg, without anyone insulting jim shooter
Do you see what I'm saying about the "Red Alert 911" title, though?

You are literally making the boldest Valiant claim in at least a couple decades and you have created a topic full of "people, listen, this is important, you must be aware" with no details and no way for anyone who does believe you to take any action.

It's overkill. It's classic "forum drama queen", which is a longstanding internet term that ironically is rarely applied to females. That's all you have given us to work with.

Blood of Heroes

greg wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:27:14 pm This board is not about valiantdude, it's about Valiant, dude.
Can you make that his custom and then ban him? That would be awesome.

greg

Post by greg »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:43:36 pm
greg wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:27:14 pm This board is not about valiantdude, it's about Valiant, dude.
Being banned on this board is a badge of honor that must be earned over a long period of time, and only applies to sincere Valiant fans with "other interpersonal issues" they just can't solve.

If a troll shows up who doesn't know anything about Valiant, that's a booting, not a banning.

Neither is happening here.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Greg no i dont see that, it wasn't that a big a deal to put that in the title.. because it needs to be important.
I have told you all the details.. do you want to hear the outtake audio? It exists..and it's even coming again on the podcast from what I've been told .. Have I made any claim that's bogus? The main contention here is dinesh says jim is lying with nothing to back it up, I have jim shooter's actual comment. What is more valid?

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

And by god people can take action, that's what I've been asking people to do the whole time, do the thing I cant do...contact fred pierce

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:48:22 amthis is not funny at all.....
Of all the utter nonsense you've been going on about this month, this may be the most egregiously inaccurate.
Last edited by SwiftMann on Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:00:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Does anyone know where I can buy shares in crow meat?

Blood of Heroes

greg wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49:57 pm
Blood of Heroes wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:43:36 pm
Being banned on this board is a badge of honor that must be earned over a long period of time, and only applies to sincere Valiant fans with "other interpersonal issues" they just can't solve.

If a troll shows up who doesn't know anything about Valiant, that's a booting, not a banning.

Neither is happening here.

SwiftMann
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:51:35 pmI have told you all the details..
One detail has been provided - pre EW #1. Everything else is vague assertions.
Have I made any claim that's bogus?
Your claims haven't been proven or disproven yet, but the burden is on you to have them not be bogus. The question is irrelevant.
The main contention here is dinesh says jim is lying with nothing to back it up, I have jim shooter's actual comment. What is more valid?
Neither. Jim told an anecdote with absolutely nothing to back it up and has been known to dabble in exaggeration from time to time. Dinesh disagrees with the assertion in the anecdote. You really don't see that neither of them has provided any real facts? Or that both of them are telling, what seems to be, second hand (at best) stories?

Your ad hominem attacks on Dinesh undermine anything else you are saying at this point. You're at NBA burner account level behavior. Wait a minute... Jim? Is that you?
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:45:14 pm The thing is, if I saw him, I wouldve asked him why he screwed over jim so hard anyway...
Jim's lying about that too.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:36:57 pm Yes and no. Not really much going on until earlier this week. Editorial shake ups and rumors of counterfeits. It is like that one day with the dress and the llamas.
Editorial shake-ups seem par for the course for the last several years?

I am more concerned about the counterfeit Jim Shooter known as Paul Creddick. I have it on good authority that Paul Creddick is actually a counterfeit clone of Jim Shooter.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

:lol: :lol:
I have missed this place.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

We shall see wont we.. you can call jim a liar all day long, because you don't want to admit your own deficiency. It's highly disrespectful and out of respect for the other board members I'll hold back and what I'm actually wanting to say to you
Not to mention the sheer and utter Insanity of going on a valiant Comics board and ripping the Creator to shreds, it seems insane but here we are.

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.

Post by caxiotis »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:34:53 pm
valiantdude wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:56:06 am Brian- sorry I offended you, i really actually like your posts..
I'm def lashing out, because this has gotten beyond absurd..
Im literally uncovering a very big deal..these books are traded all over the world, and I got dinesh, calling jim a liar.. we wouldn't be in this space without jim shooter....fact...period.. it came out of his head..
Dinesh had made many poor choices including mistreating jim shooter.. jim shooter..
Then he has the audacity to call Jim a liar on this huge issue, with a quote that actually confused greg and probably others and didnt pertain to the subject at hand. Then he chimes in with this dumb, very dumb, parody post..
Its frustrating

Also you're right dysart did a really good job on harbinger, I'm just *SQUEE* at dinesh and I shouldn't offend other people
If you are mad at Dinesh, prove him wrong. Find the midwestern legal documents or better yet tell us how the counterfeit comics are different. That would be like pouring the bucket of water on the wicked witch. I think there are more among us who want you to be right than wrong, we are just waiting for you to bring in the funk. Until then, it’s a he said/she said situation.
I’m with chiclo here. This conversation has been very argumentative without any substantive facts, just ones man’s assertion. I am open to it but I haven’t seen any proof yet. To me assertion brings the question, could this be true....however there are 30 years where the hard core valiant fans have never hear of this or never found anything odd in the form of a counterfeit.

Give some tangible evidence please
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

caxiotis

Post by caxiotis »

dino wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:54:56 pm Image
Is this photo a “fake.” I think you may have...dare I say it...altered this photo. What are you actually trying to say.... :D
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics