Unreleased Comics

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Unreleased Comics

Post by ManofTheAtom »

What do you think happened to the artwork for all the comics VALIANT/Voyager, Acclaim, and VEI have solicited since the '90s but never published?

Obviously, the artists that produced them might have some of it and might have sold some of it, but have digital copies of those unreleased comics been traded from one publisher to the other over the last three decades?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?
Re: Unreleased Comics

Post by slack »

unreleased comics... hmm?

You mean like Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth? Which has already been bought and paid for, but so far remains unreleased.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:36:23 am unreleased comics... hmm?

You mean like Eternal Warrior Scorched Earth? Which has already been bought and paid for, but so far remains unreleased.
Lol.

That would just be the latest in a long line of VALIANT comics that remain unreleased, heh.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

slack
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:47:08 am

Lol.

That would just be the latest in a long line of VALIANT comics that remain unreleased, heh.
But, I'm pretty sure it's the first one that was FULLY PAID FOR by the customers, that's gone unreleased.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

slack wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:05:00 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:47:08 am

Lol.

But, I'm pretty sure it's the first one that was FULLY PAID FOR by the customers, that's gone unreleased.
That's true. I imagine that if the problem is that it hasn't been printed that Alien Books could, conceivably, be the one to publish it, no?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47:20 am Obviously, the artists that produced them might have some of it and might have sold some of it
That's the only thing I know about. Some comics have had fan-made editions that way (Unity 2000 and Secret Weapons 22). Some are locked away with art collectors. I fear most are forgotten and/or lost.

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:24:12 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47:20 am Obviously, the artists that produced them might have some of it and might have sold some of it
That's the only thing I know about. Some comics have had fan-made editions that way (Unity 2000 and Secret Weapons 22). Some are locked away with art collectors. I fear most are forgotten and/or lost.

/Magnus
That sucks. It would be cool if Alien published them. If ANYONE published them, really.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

i found a solar/timewalker unpiblished yearbook once online posted it here.. also weve seen the rai/mothergod miniseries.. unity 2000 now has the art plot and script for #4 and #5.. unpublished pages from a turok yearbook, and a second shadowman yearbook were found

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:08:46 am i found a solar/timewalker unpiblished yearbook once online posted it here.. also weve seen the rai/mothergod miniseries.. unity 2000 now has the art plot and script for #4 and #5.. unpublished pages from a turok yearbook, and a second shadowman yearbook were found
I was not aware of a Solar/Timewalker Yearbook or Turok/MotherGod mini-series (though the latter does ring a small bell). Interesting.

I contributed a script version to a Unity 2000 fan project to complete issues 5 and 6. I don't think they used it, though.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

we got the real script from Jim shooter via the podcast host who sent it to me from a mutual friend

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:00:43 am we got the real script from Jim shooter via the podcast host who sent it to me from a mutual friend
Wow. That I'd very much like to see.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:11:10 am
valiantdude wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:00:43 am we got the real script from Jim shooter via the podcast host who sent it to me from a mutual friend
If you're talking about Unity 2000, this has been online for over 20 years:
http://valiantarchive.com/valiant/joe/misc/u2kplot.pdf

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

greg wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:05:03 am
I mean Shooter's dialogue. Is that the version they used in the fan project to finish it?

Edit: Never mind, my mistake. He said "script" and I filled it in to mean they got the dialogue too.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

sorry about the confusion.. the plots to 1-6 have been around forever. but the podcast host got the script,as in the dialouge, to 4 and 5.. ive been wanting to do a project and add the word bubbles to the pages that are out there..
i posted both scripts here at one point

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:58:09 am sorry about the confusion.. the plots to 1-6 have been around forever. but the podcast host got the script,as in the dialouge, to 4 and 5.. ive been wanting to do a project and add the word bubbles to the pages that are out there..
Was it just the sixth issue he didn't do dialogue for? I forget.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:54:18 am
I mean Shooter's dialogue. Is that the version they used in the fan project to finish it?

Edit: Never mind, my mistake. He said "script" and I filled it in to mean they got the dialogue too.
One messageboard divided by a common language.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:57:40 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:54:18 am

One messageboard divided by a common language.
:thumb:

daniellew61
Still Valiant after all these years.
Still Valiant after all these years.

Post by daniellew61 »

valiantdude wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:58:09 am sorry about the confusion.. the plots to 1-6 have been around forever. but the podcast host got the script,as in the dialouge, to 4 and 5.. ive been wanting to do a project and add the word bubbles to the pages that are out there..
that podcast with the bootleg comics thing? there were never any bootleg comics. it was people skimming from the printer on the side. I would take a lot of that podcast facts with a grain of salt because a lot of it wasn't true.

GammaJosh
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:50:03 am

/Magnus
That sucks. It would be cool if Alien published them. If ANYONE published them, really.
A completed Unity 2000 would be a perfect Kickstarter campaign, which makes it extra sad that Valiant/DMG totally screwed the pooch with their first Kickstarter. I doubt they could get half their backers in for a new campaign at this point, if they even had the ambition to do something like this.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

GammaJosh wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:48:30 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:50:03 am

/Magnus
A completed Unity 2000 would be a perfect Kickstarter campaign, which makes it extra sad that Valiant/DMG totally screwed the pooch with their first Kickstarter. I doubt they could get half their backers in for a new campaign at this point, if they even had the ambition to do something like this.
Indeed.

cg1991cg
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2004
Favorite character: turok
Favorite title: turok

Post by cg1991cg »

valiantdude wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:08:46 am i found a solar/timewalker unpiblished yearbook once online posted it here.. also weve seen the rai/mothergod miniseries.. unity 2000 now has the art plot and script for #4 and #5.. unpublished pages from a turok yearbook, and a second shadowman yearbook were found
Do you know where to find the Turok stuff please?

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

Unreleased Shaman's Tears/Turok

Shaman's Tears / Turok #2 page 12-13. Brian Kong (Penciller). Jeff Albrecht (Inker)

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

iggy101us wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:37:31 pm Unreleased Shaman's Tears/Turok

Shaman's Tears / Turok #2 page 12-13. Brian Kong (Penciller). Jeff Albrecht (Inker)
Nice.

unityshadowman
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman (V1)
Favorite title: Divinity/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire
Favorite artist: Cowan/Larosa

Post by unityshadowman »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47:20 am What do you think happened to the artwork for all the comics VALIANT/Voyager, Acclaim, and VEI have solicited since the '90s but never published?
A victim of the pandemic(and perhaps more than that), I had looked forward to "The Final Witness"...wonder how much was produced (script, art, etc.) before it was canceled:
https://valiant.fandom.com/wiki/The_Final_Witness_Vol_1
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/valiants ... first-info
Help us build the X-O Micro Print Gallery:
http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=48431

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

unityshadowman wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:35:22 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47:20 am What do you think happened to the artwork for all the comics VALIANT/Voyager, Acclaim, and VEI have solicited since the '90s but never published?
A victim of the pandemic(and perhaps more than that), I had looked forward to "The Final Witness"...wonder how much was produced (script, art, etc.) before it was canceled:
https://valiant.fandom.com/wiki/The_Final_Witness_Vol_1
https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/valiants ... first-info
It does sound cool. Like one of the crime comics Acclaim published in the '90s, but set in the VALIANT Universe.