Board Activity

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: Board Activity

Post by ManofTheAtom »

nycjadie wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:51:23 pm I’m here near daily. I still buy Valiant. Yesterday, I was at 2nd Charles for the first time. Bought a VEI variant for a dollar, and a newsstand. Still digging in the boxes.

Plus, an old Milk and Cheese. Love that comic!
Awesome.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:09:50 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:46:36 pm
Ryan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:15:19 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:33:42 pm We've had Shooter, Layton, Nicieza, and Shamdasani. Who else has overseen VALIANT creatively?
You're missing the last 5 years. Joseph Illidge then Heather Antos then Robert (something?). Maybe someone after that, who's in charge of X-O Unconcerned?

I consider James Perham one, although not much came of his efforts. Was Mike Marts in charge during Unity 2000? Was Jeff Gomez in charge for a bit?
Gomez left before Nicieiza.

How long did Illidge last and what did he do? It felt like he came and went like this.

And I have no clue what Antos did, only that people hated it. No clue who Robert is.
Lol no doubt. Illidge was the first EiC (or Executive Editor, whatever they were calling it) after DMG took over. They did Valiant Next (No, Valiant Beyond, I had to look it up). This was 2018

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... s-1118125/

Antos was after that, can't quite remember any specific titles, maybe Psi-Lords?

Looks like Robert Meyers was 'Senior Editorial Director' for a while, then he disappears and Lysa Hawkins is listed as Senior Editor. It's pretty confusing, some books list 3 or 4 editors when they're only putting out maybe 5 limited series? Seems crazy :?
Interesting. They do need more stability than that.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Chiclo wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:57:38 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:46:36 pm
Ryan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:15:19 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:33:42 pm We've had Shooter, Layton, Nicieza, and Shamdasani. Who else has overseen VALIANT creatively?
You're missing the last 5 years. Joseph Illidge then Heather Antos then Robert (something?). Maybe someone after that, who's in charge of X-O Unconcerned?

I consider James Perham one, although not much came of his efforts. Was Mike Marts in charge during Unity 2000? Was Jeff Gomez in charge for a bit?
Gomez left before Nicieiza.

How long did Illidge last and what did he do? It felt like he came and went like this.

And I have no clue what Antos did, only that people hated it. No clue who Robert is.
Was Robert the guy that showed up and launched the Kickstarter and NFTs almost right off the bat?
:hm: :hm:

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

lorddunlow wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:50:34 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote:
IMJ wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:08:43 am I'm still here routinely enough. I post a little less though mostly because I've been focused on a personal project that I put most of my attention towards for some time now, and then also because there isn't much to say that hasn't been said until there is something new.
I really need to find the time to read all of VEI and post the threads I would have made had I been here when those comics were published.

Just don't know when that might be, or if I'd be able to.
Are you planning on getting banned again? Image

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
?? I was banned?!?! I don't think I've ever been banned from a forum in almost 25 years of using them!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

IMJ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:56:37 pm
lorddunlow wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:50:34 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote:
IMJ wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:08:43 am I'm still here routinely enough. I post a little less though mostly because I've been focused on a personal project that I put most of my attention towards for some time now, and then also because there isn't much to say that hasn't been said until there is something new.
I really need to find the time to read all of VEI and post the threads I would have made had I been here when those comics were published.

Just don't know when that might be, or if I'd be able to.
Are you planning on getting banned again? Image

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
?? I was banned?!?! I don't think I've ever been banned from a forum in almost 25 years of using them!
He meant me, lol.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

OHHhhhhh :lol:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

greg wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:14:00 pm
grendeljd wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:08:06 pm
greg wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:41:24 pm
grendeljd wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:18:57 pm
greg wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:08:17 pm
grendeljd wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:04:35 pm I’ve been noticing a hell of a lot of kids in all the cities around here seem to suddenly have all the same haircut… my wife describes it as a mushroom top - shaved sides that flare up to as much of a curly poof on top as they can manage to grow :lol:
Broccoli head or broccoli cut is the most common term I'm hearing.
Yeah, that’s the one! *This* is the style that’s gonna stay popular for decades to come, guys - I can just feel it!! :lol:
Broccoli top will always be
Hair sweet hair to me
Good old broccoli top
Broccoli top Hennessy

broccolitophennessy.jpg
that is indeed the hairstyle I’m seeing everywhere in large gangs of kids - it literally looks like groups of clones of the same kid when I see them sometimes (even to the point of all wearing nearly the exact same set of black clothes & white shoes!) :lol:
To be honest, the hairstyle is so regrettable that I'm actually happy that "mullet" is going to fall to second place on "worst of all time". :thumb:
broccolitopspongebob.jpgbroccolitopbird.jpg
:lol:

(Better late than never :lol: )
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

jmatt wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:32:58 pm
buff-beardo wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:56:58 am The boards are dead because the dream died again. VALIANT is cursed by bad actors with $
Exactly. If the question is why aren't more people visiting, the answer is because nothing is happening. People wonder how many more times this thing can be resurrected. It's hard to be excited about something that appears to have no real future.

Also, hi guys! :hi:
jmatt sighting!! Hey man - hope you’re doing well!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;