Altercomics Studio

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Altercomics Studio

Post by ManofTheAtom »

They posted this image of Bloodshot by Emiliano Urdinola on Facebook.
406289732_782201937256462_3125477159844060696_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Altercomics Studio

Post by grendeljd »

That’s good art - what is Altercomics Studio though, is it related to Alien books in some way? Is this image being used for a Bloodshot title?
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:06:52 pm That’s good art - what is Altercomics Studio though, is it related to Alien books in some way? Is this image being used for a Bloodshot title?
Altercomics Studios team ups with Alien Books to bring new Valiant Comic Books!

They're the studio that's handling the art for Alien's VALIANT books. So, like what Knob Row did in the '90s, except that instead of it being in-house, they're outsourcing it.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by MartinAlien »

Actually, Alien Books and Altercomics Studio are both owned by the same person, Matias Timarchi.
Working for the Aliens

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

MartinAlien wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:53:07 am Actually, Alien Books and Altercomics Studio are both owned by the same person, Matias Timarchi.
:o

Interesting! I must not have seen that. Very cool.

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

MartinAlien wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:53:07 am Actually, Alien Books and Altercomics Studio are both owned by the same person, Matias Timarchi.
I'm starting to think that MartinAlien and Matias Timarchi are the same person. I've never seen the two of them in the same room together.
:hm:
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

MartinAlien
Working for the Aliens
Working for the Aliens
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by MartinAlien »

I can't confirm or deny that.
Working for the Aliens

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

The Chosen 1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:58:12 pm
I'm starting to think that MartinAlien and Matias Timarchi are the same person. I've never seen the two of them in the same room together.
:hm:
If I say something in Spanish and he responds, that might give him away...

grendeljd
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:54:54 pm
grendeljd wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:06:52 pm That’s good art - what is Altercomics Studio though, is it related to Alien books in some way? Is this image being used for a Bloodshot title?
Altercomics Studios team ups with Alien Books to bring new Valiant Comic Books!

They're the studio that's handling the art for Alien's VALIANT books. So, like what Knob Row did in the '90s, except that instead of it being in-house, they're outsourcing it.
Good to know, thanks!
Very cool - nice to know there’s a common connection between both. Hopefully that translates to a good creative team synergy :)
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;