What's new?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque
What's new?

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

I haven't followed Valiant since shortly after the relaunch with Dinesh. At the time, just did not have the money to keep up with buying the books. So someone give me a rundown of what's happened/happening with the company, the comics, other media, etc.

Unrelated, reading through old posts, man, I was pretty petty on here back in the day. Sorry to anyone that got caught up in that horrible phase of my life. Definitely mellowed out since then. Got married this year, moving to Georgia in February. Anyone from the old days still around?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: What's new?

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:02:07 am I haven't followed Valiant since shortly after the relaunch with Dinesh. At the time, just did not have the money to keep up with buying the books. So someone give me a rundown of what's happened/happening with the company, the comics, other media, etc.

Unrelated, reading through old posts, man, I was pretty petty on here back in the day. Sorry to anyone that got caught up in that horrible phase of my life. Definitely mellowed out since then. Got married this year, moving to Georgia in February. Anyone from the old days still around?
Congratulations.

A few of the old ones are still here, yeah. It be great if others came back too.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

A petty little man backed with Chinese money managed to force a hostile buyout. Dinesh remained on the movie project, with Bloodshot being released the week before the COVID lockdowns. Valiant went through a succession of senior editors that didn't help the situation, going through about one a year. Dinesh spun off and made his own comic book company, Bad Idea. Recently, the new owners of Valiant have leased out the characters to another company called Alien Books, with books rolling out in the new year. Seriously, there at the end, Valiant was publishing one book a month, maybe. It is grim.

Rubiks-Q-Bert
Deathmate: Opinions vary. I liked it.
Deathmate: Opinions vary.  I liked it.
Favorite character: Master Darque

Post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

Chiclo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:02:05 am A petty little man backed with Chinese money managed to force a hostile buyout. Dinesh remained on the movie project, with Bloodshot being released the week before the COVID lockdowns. Valiant went through a succession of senior editors that didn't help the situation, going through about one a year. Dinesh spun off and made his own comic book company, Bad Idea. Recently, the new owners of Valiant have leased out the characters to another company called Alien Books, with books rolling out in the new year. Seriously, there at the end, Valiant was publishing one book a month, maybe. It is grim.
I had heard about the buyout. I think I was still talking to Dino at the time. Hadnt heard about him trying to make his own comic book company. I remember Bloodshot sucking. I know they wanted star power but Vin Diesel...

So, Valiant is dead for a third time?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Rubiks-Q-Bert wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:41:59 am
Chiclo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:02:05 am A petty little man backed with Chinese money managed to force a hostile buyout. Dinesh remained on the movie project, with Bloodshot being released the week before the COVID lockdowns. Valiant went through a succession of senior editors that didn't help the situation, going through about one a year. Dinesh spun off and made his own comic book company, Bad Idea. Recently, the new owners of Valiant have leased out the characters to another company called Alien Books, with books rolling out in the new year. Seriously, there at the end, Valiant was publishing one book a month, maybe. It is grim.
I had heard about the buyout. I think I was still talking to Dino at the time. Hadnt heard about him trying to make his own comic book company. I remember Bloodshot sucking. I know they wanted star power but Vin Diesel...

So, Valiant is dead for a third time?
It's in the process of being revived by Alien.

Alien has licensed the VALIANT characters much like how Voyager licensed the Gold Key characters.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Congratulations on getting married!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Support your local farmers!***