Unreleased Comics

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
Re: Unreleased Comics

Post by valiantdude »

guess i wasnt clear? i got u2k SCRIPT, (plot already exists) for u2k 4 and 5 from Jim Shooter himself.
i also got the script for Dk magnus #0.
shooter also forwarded a folder with every scrap of content he ever created for u2k. slogans, other copy. which i have access to.
hes never seen the artwork for u2k #6.
i hope to show it to him one day

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:20:34 am guess i wasnt clear? i got u2k SCRIPT, (plot already exists) for u2k 4 and 5 from Jim Shooter himself.
i also got the script for Dk magnus #0.
shooter also forwarded a folder with every scrap of content he ever created for u2k. slogans, other copy. which i have access to.
hes never seen the artwork for u2k #6.
i hope to show it to him one day
That art could be floating on a thread around here somewhere. I've seen it. As I believe I mentioned (can't go back to check now), members of this board got together to color and letter the final issues of Unity 2000. It stands to reason that they used high-definition scans of the art to do it.

Does anyone else remember who was involved with that project?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

the project never got off the ground.
there are scans of the book on the free comic sites
and, back then we didnt have the scripts to 4 & 5

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:26:54 pm the project never got off the ground.
there are scans of the book on the free comic sites
and, back then we didnt have the scripts to 4 & 5
I saw colored pages from the unpublished issues. I even wrote a version of dialogue for them, heh.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

ah i see. #6 never was scripted

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:15:23 pm ah i see. #6 never was scripted
That's the one I wrote dialogue for. On the page where Aram is being wiped out by the magic ink I had him say something to the effect of "Andy, I'm coming, baby" or something like that in reference to Andromeda.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/member ... ile&u=1471

That's who was working on finishing Unity 2000. You can check his old threads about it.

One of his last posts I saw about it said something about a colorist holding things up. That was from like a decade ago I think, though, heh.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

thats intersting... I had a conversation with Janet Jackson who told me that someone had offered her all of the pages of the unreleased unity to color. but she was so backlogged with work and other personal issues that she could never get to it, I talked to her like 6 months ago about it. She said that the person went to great lengths to recover all of the pages to unity 2000, including even finding pages in Japan supposedly. She said at this point there's no way she could ever do it. I reached out to her on behalf of my friend, who wants to help the podcast host get the schsim books published. I'm told that the podcast host guy that interviewed Jim that I know through a friend is working on doing a schism Kickstarter and has all the pages of the schism books 1-4, he made an announcement on the defiant comics fan group page on FB.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

valiantdude wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:02:34 am thats intersting... I had a conversation with Janet Jackson who told me that someone had offered her all of the pages of the unreleased unity to color. but she was so backlogged with work and other personal issues that she could never get to it, I talked to her like 6 months ago about it. She said that the person went to great lengths to recover all of the pages to unity 2000, including even finding pages in Japan supposedly. She said at this point there's no way she could ever do it. I reached out to her on behalf of my friend, who wants to help the podcast host get the schsim books published. I'm told that the podcast host guy that interviewed Jim that I know through a friend is working on doing a schism Kickstarter and has all the pages of the schism books 1-4, he made an announcement on the defiant comics fan group page on FB.
Cool.

I was not aware of a Defiant fans FB page.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

daniellew61 wrote:
valiantdude wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:58:09 am sorry about the confusion.. the plots to 1-6 have been around forever. but the podcast host got the script,as in the dialouge, to 4 and 5.. ive been wanting to do a project and add the word bubbles to the pages that are out there..
i posted both scripts here at one point
that podcast with the bootleg comics thing? there were never any bootleg comics. it was people skimming from the printer on the side. I would take a lot of that podcast facts with a grain of salt because a lot of it wasn't true.
I think we were told to ask Fred Van Lente...

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:39:10 am
valiantdude wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:02:34 am thats intersting... I had a conversation with Janet Jackson who told me that someone had offered her all of the pages of the unreleased unity to color. but she was so backlogged with work and other personal issues that she could never get to it, I talked to her like 6 months ago about it. She said that the person went to great lengths to recover all of the pages to unity 2000, including even finding pages in Japan supposedly. She said at this point there's no way she could ever do it. I reached out to her on behalf of my friend, who wants to help the podcast host get the schsim books published. I'm told that the podcast host guy that interviewed Jim that I know through a friend is working on doing a schism Kickstarter and has all the pages of the schism books 1-4, he made an announcement on the defiant comics fan group page on FB.
Cool.

I could be mistaken, but I believe our very own VFans member Starbrand may have started up that Defiance FB fan page…
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:42:10 am
Cool.

I could be mistaken, but I believe our very own VFans member Starbrand may have started up that Defiance FB fan page…
What's the link?

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:36:05 am
Cool.

What's the link?
https://www.facebook.com/share/TRS56Hve ... tid=WiMSqg
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:14:09 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:36:05 am
Cool.

What's the link?
https://www.facebook.com/share/TRS56Hve ... tid=WiMSqg
Thanks!

cg1991cg
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2004
Favorite character: turok
Favorite title: turok

Post by cg1991cg »

It kills me that we'll probably never see the Unity 2000 finished

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

cg1991cg wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:32:59 am It kills me that we'll probably never see the Unity 2000 finished
Might have been for the best. It would be interesting to see Shooter finish it but as nothing more than a curiosity.

cg1991cg
Valiant fan since: 2004
Favorite character: turok
Favorite title: turok

Post by cg1991cg »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:47:33 am
cg1991cg wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:32:59 am It kills me that we'll probably never see the Unity 2000 finished
Might have been for the best. It would be interesting to see Shooter finish it but as nothing more than a curiosity.
Perhaps. I still I could see it done. It leaves me with a sense of loss without the conclusion. I've read the panel script etc. But wish there was high Res page scans, even without the words or colour

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

cg1991cg wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:10:47 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:47:33 am
Perhaps. I still I could see it done. It leaves me with a sense of loss without the conclusion. I've read the panel script etc. But wish there was high Res page scans, even without the words or colour
I've seen colored pages. Members of this board took it upon themselves to finish it. I even provided dialogue for one version of the sixth issue. I just don't remember having copies of either. It might be possible to find them on this board in posts from 2006 through 2010 maybe. Not sure, really.