Anyone going to OAX? 2025? Jan 24-26

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Post Reply
corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Anyone going to OAX? 2025? Jan 24-26

Post by corey »

Next year?
Last edited by corey on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Posts: 8896
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:41:48 am
Location: Stockholm
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by magnusr »

corey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51:07 amNext weekend
Didn't know about it, and wrong continent for me anyway, but looks amazing!

/Magnus

User avatar
SouthernComicGeek
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08:37 pm
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar Volume 3
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor-Smith
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by SouthernComicGeek »

corey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51:07 amNext weekend
Unfortuantly no, I hope to make the next one. Are you going?

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

Yes I will be going..

Gerhard is supposed to be bringing cerebus pages between 500-2000 bucks....I hope I can get a good 1 :hope:


Then I browse around and eat pizza :clap:

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

magnusr wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:05:46 am
corey wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51:07 amNext weekend
Didn't know about it, and wrong continent for me anyway, but looks amazing!

/Magnus
Ya I hope it's nice. Wife is going with me..plane tickets and room and tickets for us was only 1000... so it seemed like a win, win

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

So far this is a really cool show. Going to try to get 10 free sketches tomorrow.. wish me luck

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

Saw dinesh tonight. Going to try and talk to him tomorrow!

User avatar
SouthernComicGeek
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08:37 pm
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar Volume 3
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor-Smith
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by SouthernComicGeek »

Be sure to share any cool Valiant pick ups

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

SouthernComicGeek wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:12:50 pm Be sure to share any cool Valiant pick ups
I haven't seen much... there was a5 cover connecting set of xo manowar.. went for 4100?

I.saw one other valiant cover.. Paulo Rivera I think it was.. was to expensive for me. facepalm

Mico suayan said he just sold an xo cover he drew for 700.... facepalm

I have yet to find any interiors looking through the portfolios. I'll update tomorrow night.

There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500

User avatar
SouthernComicGeek
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08:37 pm
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar Volume 3
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor-Smith
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by SouthernComicGeek »

corey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32:44 pm
SouthernComicGeek wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:12:50 pm Be sure to share any cool Valiant pick ups
I haven't seen much... there was a5 cover connecting set of xo manowar.. went for 4100?

I.saw one other valiant cover.. Paulo Rivera I think it was.. was to expensive for me. facepalm

Mico suayan said he just sold an xo cover he drew for 700.... facepalm

I have yet to find any interiors looking through the portfolios. I'll update tomorrow night.

There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500
You talking about the Dave Johnson connecting cover on XO? If so I didnt win it then. :(

User avatar
magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Posts: 8896
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:41:48 am
Location: Stockholm
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by magnusr »

corey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32:44 pm There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500
Any more info? Published? Which era?

/Magnus

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

SouthernComicGeek wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11:14 pm
corey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32:44 pm
SouthernComicGeek wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:12:50 pm Be sure to share any cool Valiant pick ups
I haven't seen much... there was a5 cover connecting set of xo manowar.. went for 4100?

I.saw one other valiant cover.. Paulo Rivera I think it was.. was to expensive for me. facepalm

Mico suayan said he just sold an xo cover he drew for 700.... facepalm

I have yet to find any interiors looking through the portfolios. I'll update tomorrow night.

There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500
You talking about the Dave Johnson connecting cover on XO? If so I didnt win it then. :(
Yes that set

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

magnusr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:12:04 am
corey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32:44 pm There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500
Any more info? Published? Which era?

/Magnus
The gold key era.. if I can find it in that giant pile again I'll take another picture

User avatar
magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Posts: 8896
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:41:48 am
Location: Stockholm
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by magnusr »

corey wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00:12 am
magnusr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:12:04 am
corey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32:44 pm There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500
Any more info? Published? Which era?

/Magnus
The gold key era.. if I can find it in that giant pile again I'll take another picture
:hope: (out of my price range but nice to know what's out there if you find it easily)

/Magnus

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

magnusr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:58:21 am
corey wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00:12 am
magnusr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:12:04 am
corey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:32:44 pm There is 1 magnus the robot hunter original painting... my picture looked like *SQUEE*. 9500
Any more info? Published? Which era?

/Magnus
The gold key era.. if I can find it in that giant pile again I'll take another picture
:hope: (out of my price range but nice to know what's out there if you find it easily)

/Magnus
I dug for about 10 minutes i couldn't find the cover. It was beautiful though. Way out of my price range though as well

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03:21 pm
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar
Location: Kentucky
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by corey »

I end up buying a spawn cover... then I found at least 8 valiant covers.....dan brereton has several....I got his contact information. Hopefully I can buy a cover of punk mambo I saw.

User avatar
magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Posts: 8896
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:41:48 am
Location: Stockholm
Re: Anyone going to OAX?

Post by magnusr »

corey wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:03:37 pm I dug for about 10 minutes i couldn't find the cover. It was beautiful though. Way out of my price range though as well
Thanks for looking and congrats on the Spawn cover. Good luck on the Punk Mambo.

/Magnus


Post Reply