read the new valentines valiant and xo #6

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
read the new valentines valiant and xo #6

Post by valiantdude »

While there is some novelty to see these characters still being printed in comic book form in 2024, holy *SQUEE* these books were terrible..of course I didn't buy them, read them online but jesus.. are anybody buying these books?

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?
Re: read the new valentines valiant and xo #6

Post by slack »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:00:20 pm I take stuff without paying... then complain that the company can't afford quality stuff for me to steal
There, I fixed it for you.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Are pirated comics actually bootlegs?

Not cool, Dude. Your IP theft cannot be abided.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

sorry.. cant support it..books are dumb.. ill buy a jim shooter book with money.. til then.
and whats up with the worst image of XO bart sears ever produced.. omg its terrible

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

valiantdude wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:19:05 pm sorry.. cant support it..books are dumb.. ill buy a jim shooter book with money.. til then.
and whats up with the worst image of XO bart sears ever produced.. omg its terrible
I feel ya valiantdude.... most of the art i have seen is God awful

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:05:46 pm Are pirated comics actually bootlegs?

Have to agree. There is no justification for theft. You can't say that you are in the right because the comic is bad. Quality has nothing to do with theft. Ashamed for you and sorry for Alien books.

Ize
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Antonius Axia
Favorite title: Britannia
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by Ize »

syzhang28 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:04:40 am

Have to agree. There is no justification for theft. You can't say that you are in the right because the comic is bad. Quality has nothing to do with theft. Ashamed for you and sorry for Alien books.
I'm not encouraging breaking the law, however he didn't imply he was right about anything. He just voiced his opinion, saying the books are terrible.

I disagree with him on X-O, but agree with him on the Valentines Special - especially for the price point both online and physical.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

syzhang28 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:04:40 am

Really, it just makes you a thief with poor taste.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

It's a pretty significant release being the first real Alien produced book. Would be interesting to hear people's opinions about the book instead of pearl clutching about piracy :lol: Or did no one want to pay the $13?

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I said I hoped that Alien's first VALIANT comic was an event involving all their characters, and that's sort of what the Valentine's one-shot is.

I continue to insist that what separates VALIANT from DC and Marvel is that their heroes and world are closer to the ground, as it were. "Real world outside our window" and all that.

What could be more grounded than an event special revolving around something as mundane as valentine's day? Tax season?

They could have gone big and cosmic and all that crap, but I think that doing it this way shows, at least on the surface and at least for those like me who might care about such things, that it is possible for VALIANT to still do things that separate them from the rest.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:13:56 am I said I hoped that Alien's first VALIANT comic was an event involving all their characters, and that's sort of what the Valentine's one-shot is.

I continue to insist that what separates VALIANT from DC and Marvel is that their heroes and world are closer to the ground, as it were. "Real world outside our window" and all that.

What could be more grounded than an event special revolving around something as mundane as valentine's day? Tax season?

They could have gone big and cosmic and all that crap, but I think that doing it this way shows, at least on the surface and at least for those like me who might care about such things, that it is possible for VALIANT to still do things that separate them from the rest.
Cool. I agree Valiant doesn't need to do everything big and cosmic and 'deep'. But it still needs to be exciting action-adventure, no?

Full disclosure I just flipped through it but it looked like a lot of VEI continuity stuff that I'm not interested in for $13, none of it grabbed me. Was curious from people on here who read it what their opinions were.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:31:02 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:13:56 am I said I hoped that Alien's first VALIANT comic was an event involving all their characters, and that's sort of what the Valentine's one-shot is.

Cool. I agree Valiant doesn't need to do everything big and cosmic and 'deep'. But it still needs to be exciting action-adventure, no?

Full disclosure I just flipped through it but it looked like a lot of VEI continuity stuff that I'm not interested in for $13, none of it grabbed me. Was curious from people on here who read it what their opinions were.
To be fair, the first and last stories are clearly used to lead into The Valiants, whatever that is, either a one-shot, mini, or ongoing.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic: