VEI Ivar

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
VEI Ivar

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I was just flipping through the Ivar, Timewalker series and had a question for those that read it.

Am I right in interpreting that Neela grabbing Ivar right before the energy from the Boon washed over him did not create an alternate reality but, rather, is the way it supposedly always happened?

Would that mean that, one, he is not immortal like his brothers, and that, two, he died for good in issue #8?

It would go, from Neela grabbing him, to their spending time in the time bubble, to her killing herself to his helping her defeat the Mistress of the Prometheans, to the Keepers imprisoning him, to Archer freeing him, to his meeting Neela for the first time, and to his dying?

Would that be correct?

Did anything come after his death that would show he survived?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re: VEI Ivar

Post by syzhang28 »

Yes, he is not immortal. It made for very moving moments whenever he interacted with his brothers because they had grown and changed so much in between and they never knew if they would see him again.

Not sure when he dies.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

syzhang28 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:52:20 pm Yes, he is not immortal. It made for very moving moments whenever he interacted with his brothers because they had grown and changed so much in between and they never knew if they would see him again.

Not sure when he dies.
Issue eight, apparently. But an Ivar still shows up at the end of 12, so -- dun, dun, dun...
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I gotta re-read that series again soon, it has been a while & I’ve forgotten a lot of the details of it. One of my favourite VEI books.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

grendeljd wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:44:01 pm I gotta re-read that series again soon, it has been a while & I’ve forgotten a lot of the details of it. One of my favourite VEI books.
It was good, yeah.