Re-Reading Future Comics - Freemind #0 and #1

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Re-Reading Future Comics - Freemind #0 and #1

Post by Ryan »

Found my collection of Future Comics that somehow survived my purges. I have some big gaps though. Is there a reading order or publication order for these?

Going from the cover dates, it looks like Freemind 0 was put out before 1? It's also skinnier, so it looks like it was used more as a series preview than an origin reveal.

It inverts how the 0 issues were used at Valiant. The characters (Freemind and Deathmask) are shown in action but not much is explained about them or where they come from. Then I was surprised that issue 1 was pretty long but we never even see the android version of Freemind at all. Some cool action movie stuff and some interesting villain foreshadowing at the end.

I enjoyed them as fun action comics for sure, I just find it a little odd that after reading 0 and 1 I know very little about the main character or the premise of the series. I am intrigued though.

Anybody else read these? I don't have Freemind 2-4 so it might be a while before track those down and continue this. It seems there are a few unpublished issues (Freemind 8, Deathmask 4 and 5, Metallix 7 ashcan?) floating around online.

Ryan
Re: Re-Reading Future Comics - Freemind #0 and #1

Post by Ryan »

Cool poster