X-O Manowar Unconquered 5 & 6

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
X-O Manowar Unconquered 5 & 6

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Apparently issue 5 didn’t get ordered in the UK at the time of release so I read #6 before #5, not ideal in terms of following the story.

Overall this 6 issue run was decent. Very interesting concept telling the story of what became of the Romans who had been captured by the Vine around the same time as Aric. I read issues 1-4 twice and they were definitely better second time around.

It was good to have a superstar artist like Liam Sharp on the book but I did find some panels ‘murky’ and hard to figure out. The story had a LOT of new characters so putting that together with the art was sometimes hard work to read. That being said, it was a million times better than the Hopeless Hallum garbage so I’m taking the glass half full approach.

Issue #5 had XO HULK HANDS!!? :o Not sure how I feel about that…seemed odd?

In the end they freed the slaves and killed the bad guys. The series introduced a new Geomancer and I like the way Valient (is that what we’re calling them) have got the writers using continuity again.

This arc seems to continue into the next arc with same writers but new artist. I’m glad there’s a new artist as I think the writing will benefit from clearer art.

4/5 - mainly for effort and concept :thumb:
Last edited by Dallow Spicer1 on Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:27:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Re: X-O Manowar Unconquered 5 & 6

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Nice.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic: