What comics are you reading now?

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: What comics are you reading now?

Post by BugsySig »

Since it was FCBD I gave a few new launches a try…

Bloodhunt #1 (Marvel): Fast paced launch to the Summer event. Interesting if predictable twist at the end. A few potential deaths (which of course won’t last). The whole thing feels pretty repetitive though: Just had a big Vampire story around Dracula, the sun was blacked out during King in Black (which meant the Vamps were free to move around and were recruited by Blade against the symbiots), and Fall of House of X had a similar quick strike and multiple deaths to start that event. 2.5/5

Space Ghost #1 (Dynamite): As much as I deplore Dynamite! I had to give this a look. Thought it was a solid reimagining with good art (and covers) and planted the seeds for the rest of the story (however long that may last). Made Space Ghost pretty bad *SQUEE*. Interested to see if they’ll be incorporating any other Hanna-Barbera sci-fi superheroes like Herculoids or Galaxy Trio at some point. 4/5

Spectregraph #1 (DSTLRY): Fan of a lot of James Tynion’s stuff and the oversized cover drew me in. Definitely reminiscent of 13 Ghosts and other Haunted House stories, but with an interesting twist. Only criticism is that the main character is not very likable given how she and her actions are portrayed. Will definitely check out the next few issues though. 4.5/5
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t