VALIANT Heroes Whose Futures Were Not Shown in Rai #0

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
VALIANT Heroes Whose Futures Were Not Shown in Rai #0

Post by ManofTheAtom »

There's Ninjak, Timewalker, the Armorines, Doctor Mirage, the Secret Weapons (either iteration), and Turok (he had a sort of cameo from his later appearance in Secret Weapons #1, but we don't really know what happened to him).

Any theories?
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: VALIANT Heroes Whose Futures Were Not Shown in Rai #0

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:19:27 am There's Ninjak, Timewalker, the Armorines, Doctor Mirage, the Secret Weapons (either iteration), and Turok (he had a sort of cameo from his later appearance in Secret Weapons #1, but we don't really know what happened to him).

Any theories?
We did see Ivar in the Harbinger wars, but he's special of course.

One Magnus issue did show cyborgs coming back to Earth after their ancesters left Earth during a war. While the HARD Corps already have a future, this is still a possible connection that was never used.

Maybe there are other possible connections in the Magnus stories. Nothing that Valiant ever acted on, nor anything that would be official, but maybe something that could be like a fan-fic thing.

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:46:34 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:19:27 am There's Ninjak, Timewalker, the Armorines, Doctor Mirage, the Secret Weapons (either iteration), and Turok (he had a sort of cameo from his later appearance in Secret Weapons #1, but we don't really know what happened to him).

Any theories?
We did see Ivar in the Harbinger wars, but he's special of course.

One Magnus issue did show cyborgs coming back to Earth after their ancesters left Earth during a war. While the HARD Corps already have a future, this is still a possible connection that was never used.

Maybe there are other possible connections in the Magnus stories. Nothing that Valiant ever acted on, nor anything that would be official, but maybe something that could be like a fan-fic thing.

/Magnus
It would be interesting to see Ivar's future during the Harbinger Wars from a more linear perspective too. Like, what was his untimely end?

From Magnus, we know Turok had descendants in South America that we saw during the Malev War, no? We just don't know what happened to him.
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic:

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:28:03 pm From Magnus, we know Turok had descendants in South America that we saw during the Malev War, no? We just don't know what happened to him.
Ah yes, good one. I had forgotten about "the father of the people".

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:36:40 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:28:03 pm From Magnus, we know Turok had descendants in South America that we saw during the Malev War, no? We just don't know what happened to him.
Ah yes, good one. I had forgotten about "the father of the people".

/Magnus
Yeah, heh.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Any theories?
I doubt any of the original writers had many plans past the storylines they were working on, but even if they did, it wouldn't really matter at this point.

So the question is more what would we want their future to be, if there were still stories being made about those characters. Every fan would probably have a different take on that.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:44:00 am

Any theories?
I doubt any of the original writers had many plans past the storylines they were working on, but even if they did, it wouldn't really matter at this point.

So the question is more what would we want their future to be, if there were still stories being made about those characters. Every fan would probably have a different take on that.
Sure, but what we do know about the events chronicled in Rai #0 can inform what those futures might be.

For instance, presumably Ninjak's story ends with a final battle against Dr. Silk. Maybe something like the last battle between Holmes and Moriarty even.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:40:00 pm Sure, but what we do know about the events chronicled in Rai #0 can inform what those futures might be.

For instance, presumably Ninjak's story ends with a final battle against Dr. Silk. Maybe something like the last battle between Holmes and Moriarty even.
Ok, but what in Rai 0 informs us about that when neither Ninjak or Dr. Silk are even mentioned in the story? Same with Armorines. My idea was that their story would end fighting the Spider-Aliens on their homeworld. But that's just a fan idea based on logic, it has nothing to do with Rai 0.

VH1 has been a dead universe since 2000, with the exception of a few 8 page stories buried in expensive hardcovers in 2008. The characters have been fully rebooted and are still being currently published 14 years later, much longer than the VH1 characters were. Most of the original fans have either become fans of the rebooted universe or moved on. I think the time for any VH1 relaunch to be realistic or effective has long since passed.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:53:12 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:40:00 pm Sure, but what we do know about the events chronicled in Rai #0 can inform what those futures might be.

Ok, but what in Rai 0 informs us about that when neither Ninjak or Dr. Silk are even mentioned in the story? Same with Armorines. My idea was that their story would end fighting the Spider-Aliens on their homeworld. But that's just a fan idea based on logic, it has nothing to do with Rai 0.

VH1 has been a dead universe since 2000, with the exception of a few 8 page stories buried in expensive hardcovers in 2008. The characters have been fully rebooted and are still being currently published 14 years later, much longer than the VH1 characters were. Most of the original fans have either become fans of the rebooted universe or moved on. I think the time for any VH1 relaunch to be realistic or effective has long since passed.
No one said anything about a relaunch, though.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:46:37 pm

That's right, you just want to do 'The End' type of one-offs that show the end of all the VH1 characters. I wouldn't really have much interest in that.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Ryan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:41:52 am

That's right, you just want to do 'The End' type of one-offs that show the end of all the VH1 characters. I wouldn't really have much interest in that.
With the exception that if Shooter was writing it :P

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:41:52 am

Others might.

You do bring up an interesting point about the Spider Aliens. Rai #0 didn't cover how the threat they posed to Earth was neutralized.

Since the Armorines didn't exist at the time, it would have fallen to X-O Manowar to take them out, but that one-shot only really showed how he died and not much else.

Subsequent to the introduction of the Armorines, though, it might make more sense for them to be the ones that take them out once and for all. That would have been an epic story worth seeing. Like, maybe the Armorines invade the Spider Alien homeworld. By then, their number could have increased to become an army.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:42:29 am Others might.

You do bring up an interesting point about the Spider Aliens. Rai #0 didn't cover how the threat they posed to Earth was neutralized.

Since the Armorines didn't exist at the time, it would have fallen to X-O Manowar to take them out, but that one-shot only really showed how he died and not much else.

Subsequent to the introduction of the Armorines, though, it might make more sense for them to be the ones that take them out once and for all. That would have been an epic story worth seeing. Like, maybe the Armorines invade the Spider Alien homeworld. By then, their number could have increased to become an army.
Yeah definitely, a series that told the last Armorines story of them invading the Spider alien homeworld could be very cool, if done well. At least 12 issues long :wink:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:03:38 pm

Yeah definitely, a series that told the last Armorines story of them invading the Spider alien homeworld could be very cool, if done well. At least 12 issues long :wink:
Could be. Though I think it should all be one shots showing their respective ends, heh.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:01:05 pm

Could be. Though I think it should all be one shots showing their respective ends, heh.
My problem with those is that they don't really make any impact. Like the New Universe one-shots or even Q2 at 4 issues was too short for any meaningful depth or development. Little nostalgia one-shots come out all the time in comics these days, and are forgotten almost as soon as they come out.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:42:29 am Subsequent to the introduction of the Armorines, though, it might make more sense for them to be the ones that take them out once and for all. That would have been an epic story worth seeing. Like, maybe the Armorines invade the Spider Alien homeworld. By then, their number could have increased to become an army.
Sounds good, except it must not contradict that the Destroyer takes out the Spider Aliens in the future (after Solar had taken out their invasion fleet).

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:27:28 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:01:05 pm

My problem with those is that they don't really make any impact. Like the New Universe one-shots or even Q2 at 4 issues was too short for any meaningful depth or development. Little nostalgia one-shots come out all the time in comics these days, and are forgotten almost as soon as they come out.
Unfortunately true. In principle it should be a big event.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

magnusr wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:48:27 am
ManofTheAtom wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:42:29 am Subsequent to the introduction of the Armorines, though, it might make more sense for them to be the ones that take them out once and for all. That would have been an epic story worth seeing. Like, maybe the Armorines invade the Spider Alien homeworld. By then, their number could have increased to become an army.
Sounds good, except it must not contradict that the Destroyer takes out the Spider Aliens in the future (after Solar had taken out their invasion fleet).

/Magnus
Well, they are spiders so a few could survive the Armorines attack, then by the 41st Century they could be back to full strength again. It would take them out in the 20th/21st Century to remove them as a threat to Earth but not for good until the 41st.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:22:56 am Unfortunately true. In principle it should be a big event.
Agreed
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:24:34 am

/Magnus
Well, they are spiders so a few could survive the Armorines attack, then by the 41st Century they could be back to full strength again. It would take them out in the 20th/21st Century to remove them as a threat to Earth but not for good until the 41st.
Definitely. The Armorines could still take out their homeworld/Queen or whatever and it wouldn't necessarily destroy all of them. They've obviously been space-faring for a long time, so they would likely have advanced settlements on many planets.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:37:55 pm
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:22:56 am Unfortunately true. In principle it should be a big event.
Agreed
ManofTheAtom wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:24:34 am

/Magnus
Definitely. The Armorines could still take out their homeworld/Queen or whatever and it wouldn't necessarily destroy all of them. They've obviously been space-faring for a long time, so they would likely have advanced settlements on many planets.
Indeed.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Quick example of what I'd be interested in:

12 issue maxi-series 'VALIANT Classic: Secret Weapons - The Armorines Last Stand'.

1st issue - World is recovering from Spider Alien attack that has destroyed Buenos Aires (or perhaps Mexico City :P ). X-O, Armorines, and other heroes have destroyed the invasion force but decide it's time to end the Spider Alien threat once and for all. Ninjak dies infiltrating a Spider Alien ship, but is able to get the location of their homeworld out to the heroes.

2nd issue - X-O, Gilad, and the Armorines make preparations for the journey, and face drama and mourn Ninjak.

3rd issue+ - ect., etc. Each issue has stand-alone conflicts that introduces (or re-introduces) the VH1 characters in the current year, while also building to the journey out to the Spider Aliens' homeworld and the epic final battle.

Similar to how 80's Marvel epic stories were told - Korvak Saga, Phoenix Saga, Secret Wars, Squadron Supreme, Avengers: Under Siege, Armor Wars, etc. A slow build that has smaller stories reaching their conclusion while still building the larger story.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Ryan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:18:52 am 12 issue maxi-series 'VALIANT Classic: Secret Weapons - The Armorines Last Stand'.
:thumb:
Spider Alien attack that has destroyed Buenos Aires
Too close to Starship Troopers.
Similar to how 80's Marvel epic stories were told
:thumb:

/Magnus

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:18:52 am Quick example of what I'd be interested in:

12 issue maxi-series 'VALIANT Classic: Secret Weapons - The Armorines Last Stand'.

1st issue - World is recovering from Spider Alien attack that has destroyed Buenos Aires (or perhaps Mexico City :P ). X-O, Armorines, and other heroes have destroyed the invasion force but decide it's time to end the Spider Alien threat once and for all. Ninjak dies infiltrating a Spider Alien ship, but is able to get the location of their homeworld out to the heroes.

2nd issue - X-O, Gilad, and the Armorines make preparations for the journey, and face drama and mourn Ninjak.

3rd issue+ - ect., etc. Each issue has stand-alone conflicts that introduces (or re-introduces) the VH1 characters in the current year, while also building to the journey out to the Spider Aliens' homeworld and the epic final battle.

Similar to how 80's Marvel epic stories were told - Korvak Saga, Phoenix Saga, Secret Wars, Squadron Supreme, Avengers: Under Siege, Armor Wars, etc. A slow build that has smaller stories reaching their conclusion while still building the larger story.
That would be awesome.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

magnusr wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:18:03 pm Too close to Starship Troopers.
Got me there :D
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:59:03 pm That would be awesome.
Thanks man!

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

Ryan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 11:41:19 pm
magnusr wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:18:03 pm Too close to Starship Troopers.
Got me there :D
ManofTheAtom wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:59:03 pm That would be awesome.
Thanks man!
No problem.